[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think about center axis relock? I think it seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 200x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 200x168
What does /k/ think about center axis relock? I think it seems pretty intuitive and reasoned but I'm just a novice. Any oper8tors or experienced /k/ommandos out there that can provide some insight?
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 640x640
>>29544768
Bonus pic
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 538x810) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 538x810
>>
>>29544768

It works fine for the extremely niche role it was designed for; confined spaces.

Once you have room, extend your arms properly in isosceles for proper recoil control and target transitioning.
>>
>>29544768
Generally speaking, the more conventional stances will offer better handling of a pistol (I don't even know about CAR with a rifle), especially when it comes to recoil control.

Still, in some specific situations, CAR may provide an advantage. Best example is when confined to a motor vehicle, or by proxy, very close quarters (eg sub/marine vessel).

As somebody who is right handed, but left eye dominant I personally found that CAR allowed me to aim with my left eye much easier. This is what clicked with me, and why I find it so natural.

The only other aspect that I can appreciate is that CAR positions for body and weapon closer and slightly more optimal for hand-to-hand engagements. Compared to more traditional stances, your weapon is pressed so far it that it could be grabbed/manipulated by an attacker, and your arms, fully outstretched, cannot provide defense from blows to the head or torso

Remember though, CAR is inferior when it comes to recoil control, long range accuracy, and as great satan before me said, precise target transitioning
>>
>>29544772
>>29546628
more of this, less of this
>>29544768
>>
File: 8075998543_afd05101c0_c.jpg (238 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
8075998543_afd05101c0_c.jpg
238 KB, 800x534
>>29544768
CAR is an answer looking for a problem. If you need a retention position, do it like Southnarc(Craig Douglas) or Paul Sharp where you use one hand to grapple, to protect your head, or stiff arm your assailant, and holding the gun in the other, tuck the gun in high and close to your pec where it's harder to take away. If you need two hands on the gun just hold the gun in a compressed high ready like everyone has been doing for years.
>>
>>29544768
Look at the pic you provided. Now imagine he has to shoot something entering his vision from his left. That's why isosceles is preferred.
>>
>>29544768
CAR is a martial art designed to make it look like your prepared for a gunfight. If you're close enough to your target to use it properly the you either fucked up or you need to learn how to extend your range from the threat. Close in fighting with a pistol also includes using your fists and feet to fight. Keeping both hands on your gun while being 3 to 5 feet from your target doesn't seem smart it seems limiting.

It might work for some people. It just seems like learning to use your gun from a proper instructor who knows what they're talking about might be better.

>which works better?
>kick to the stomach, Mozambique drill and back away until you find cover and can control the fight?
>draw, drop into karate stance, shoot over your own elbow and completely neglect your sights, and prowl around like some the kwon do geek?

Shootouts aren't won by the guy doing gun fu. They're won by the guy who falls back on proven and applied training and who is willing to win by whatever means necessary even if it's not flashy or stylish.
>>
>>29549086
Exactly. I believe the proper technique is called, "backpedal and empty your mag in to the guy". See it on Highway Patrol dash cam vids all the time.
>>
>>29549086
This. If you're in fisticuffs range expect a fistfight followed by a wrestling match. Too many idiots out there who primarily have gun training and no martial arts training think they'll just stand still inside of arms reach and draw their pistols unopposed. Try it with blueguns or with sims and people quickly find out that more often then not, they're going to get their shit pushed in if they drop their hands to draw and fail to defend their heads.
>>
>>29544768
The people who focus on this intricate shit are people who've never been in a real world mout situation.

Toss in a fucking grenade or burst in with a surprise attack. Congrats, you're a professional SEAL Delta commando war fighter.

There really isn't anything to it when the bullets are flying. Return fire, return fire, return fire, seek cover, return fire. An entire three seconds
>>
>>29549104
>>29549159
Fuckin A.

No after action report or post shooting statement even describes a perfect scenario. Gunfights are fast, messy, terrifying, clusterfucks that last all of ten seconds. You don't train to fight. You train to win. If you do something that would be considered "cheating" by a gentleman's rules of fighting then you're doing it right.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.