[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Second World War Two: Internal Combustion Boogaloo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10
You find yourself dropped in to your chosen country's General Staff a year before their entry into WW2. You have the knowledge you have today. How do you advise your forces to prepare for the coming storm?

You only have a year and won't be able to convince for total war mobilisation, but what changes would you make?

>Brits
>Army
- Get rid of Battle dress and issue everyone a cheapened Denison smock
- Start work on the No.5 as the standard combat rifle and develop the STEN/buy loads of Thompsons
- start work on the 6pdr and developing a tank that can take it as a main gun and uses the Merlin engine
- Put the 25pdr on an armoured chassis as an SPG
- Design and build an APC that can keep pace with tanks
- Develop proper combined arms tactics
- Use smaller, more flexible Battle Groups rather than Divisions, Corps etc

>Air Force
- Plow more energy into Merlin production
- Start designing the Hurribomber
- Stop fielding crappy, slow light bombers

>Navy
- Start work on Sonar sooner
>>
I would start stockpiling food, aviation fuel and ammunition.
>>
>>29544569
I would, like you, implement all lessons learned from WWII
>>
File: Berlin_1960.jpg (2 MB, 4076x1896) Image search: [Google]
Berlin_1960.jpg
2 MB, 4076x1896
>>29544569
>join the third reich.
>win war.
>none of the problems we face today.
>Eat sauerkraut every day.
>>
>>29544620

Well you can't enact them all - Jet technology is too much in its infancy to have an effect in the immediate term, there is no point trying to get the armed forces to adopt a new cartridge that would work in a semi automatic weapon in the time frame...

Yeah if you had half a decade, but not 12 months.
>>
>>29544673
In that case.
I would implement all lessons learned form WWII that would be able to have effect within 12 months. Like you did.

Or just >>29544642
>>
>>29544642
>>britain still a shithole
>>
Burger here, would do nothing.

Well, maybe see if I can convince the Navy to build the SoDaks with 14 inch guns for shits and giggles. But that's it.
>>
>>29544569
Much like /k/ in general, this post has not taken any kind of Intelligence into consideration.
>>
get the ships out of pear harbor that day
>>
>>29544931
Oh come on, then you wouldn't get the chance to make all that money!
>>
>>29544919

If you're talking Military Intelligence, arguably the Brits were pretty good at that prior to WW2, and had close ties to (and agents inside) the Nazi regime up until about 1937 - I believe MI6 was passing intelligence on Communists to the Gestapo for a while.

Much of the immediate buildup of manpower and material prior to WW2 was as a result of military intelligence from both UK and international sources.
>>
>>29544569
>Developing a bolt action rifle in WW2.

Look, I know the Lee Enfield is a sweet gun, but for fuck sake you need to realise it was horrible outdated by WW2.
>>
>>29544569

>No5 as standard issue

>worse ballistics and more recoil than no3 or no4

>not using the garand or something else semi auto
>>
>>29545017
Imagine what you could accomplish by briefing the SOE on your knowledge of Operation Foxley
>>
>>29545025
They're not even completely outdated today.
>>
>>29545025

Well, considering self-loading rifles weren't fielded by any of the mainstream armies (aside from the US) on a large scale until the last year or so of the war, I'd say they're relevant.

Now, having a super duper long bolt action is silly. The No.5 would have made for a cracking service rifle if it hadn't had its wandering zero problems.

And as i said, you have a year. A year isn't enough time to develop both a cartridge and rifle, then make it general issue and is wasteful vs developing a variant of an existing weapon.
>>
>>29545035

Well, creating SOE would be a good start I guess... Maybe develop them hand in hand with what we'd now know as special forces?
>>
>>29544569
>Reich
Put a whole shit ton more into nuclear.
Start spy agency to either stop or remove Jew scientists that will make the US nuclear
Start development of mobile V2 launching platform and U-boat launching.
Use Jews as production for very basic things like cans, bottles and basic goods.
Start a Blitzkrieg against the Russians
Start massive disruption of US lend/lease
Absolute air superiority with most of the enemy being removed by strategic bombing runs
Develop a light bomber to remove enemy positions in a A-10 kind of way
Develop air to air missile systems and air to ground missiles
Start early production of Stg. 44

>Nuclear blitz and V2 strikes in every major city
>fuck ground based warfare bomb everyone
>next set sites on china and asia
>use this to remove kebab with a sky blackening conventional carpet bombing of meca
>start door to door campaign removing any resistance
>forced assimilation of those conquered
>hope by now Mengle's mangling has yielded a super soldier
>>
>>29545072
They weren't fielded because the generals at the time thought they were unnecessary, not because of technical reason. If you really have to, copy the Garand.
>>
>>29544569
British:

>Army
-Replace Brodie helmet with a deeper helmet that offers better protection.
-Replace the the 303 British round with two new rounds: A rimless 303 calibre full-powered round for GPMGs and designated marksmen, and a ~6mm intermediate rifle cartridge.
-Convert Brens and some Lee Enfields (DMR) to new 303 rimless.
-Investigate design of new GPMG/LMG using 303 rimless and disintegrating links.
-Begin design and construction of new intermediate calibre rifle feeding from a 20 to 30 round detachable magazine (AR15 patterned? Al receiver permits fast machining?).
-Begin mass production of Sten as interim fix for assault rifle problem.
-Push scientist in right direction to develop HEAT and sabot ammunition for tanks. HEAT rounds then will go into a disposable M72 LAW light anti-tank weapon.

>RAF
-Drop loads of money on radar.
-Drop more on terrain radar for accurate bombing.
-Jet engine (might get there in only a few years with right prodding towards high nickel alloys for turbine blades - biggest technical issue).

>Navy
-Aircraft carriers. If need be, buy them off the US.
-Drop battleship production.
-Incorporate RAF radar onto ships.
-Helicopter for anti-submarine use (can it be done? might need jet turbine engines)

>General
-Purge Soviet spies.
-Point scientists in right direction to discover carbon is effective neutron moderator (this jump-starts Tube Alloys by several years, might get bomb by '41 or '42 with correct prodding and hints).
-Point scientists in right direction to invent transistor.
-Get MI6 looking for German G-series nerve agents. Germans may use nerve agents in response to the bomb.
>>
>>29545188

Didn't think of carriers - I like it.

Just realised I forgot to mention in the OP that this is all for inspiration for a somewhat alternate universe WW2 when the allies especially didn't become total retards in terms of armament in the inter war period. I'm just throwing around ideas at the moment.
>>
>>29545319
Carriers are pretty damn important.

I forgot guided bombs. They were appearing by the end of the war. It might be possible to develop a radar guided anti-shipping bomb. The ocean provides a very clean background compared to a ship.

A lot of the things there are reliant on my own knowledge of technology. They might not work for anyone else unless they're researching it before they ended up in 1939.
>>
>>29544569
Japan
>Slave labour in manchuria
>Take oil from Indonesia
>Submarines
>Better machine guns
>Have SMGs
>Semi auto/Assault rifle standard issue firearms
>Jet aircraft

Anymore senpais ?
>>
>>29545382

How's Japan going to be able to develop the technology for jets when they didn't even have enough fuel and materials to support themselves after the US cut them off.
>>
>>29545407
>You find yourself dropped in to your chosen country's General Staff a year before their entry into WW2

That's how.
>>
File: 1445123081064.png (47 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1445123081064.png
47 KB, 1200x900
>>29544569
>Sweden

Convince the government to pass a law that prohibits immigration from the middle east and Africa for all eternity.
>>
>>29545415
>Implying libtards obey laws.
Just look at how well 2A is holding up.
>>
>>29545382
I have to wonder what the IJN would have done had they build a dozen light-carriers to play with at the beginning of the war. They could have sent them on small missions to deny merchant lines. It could have been a hella difficult to find them in the southern pacific.
>>
>>29545382
>Have women work in factories, making useful shit, or doing logistics, aka truck driving and stuff like that.
>>
Would helicopters be any good in WW2, or would they just get shredded by MG fire ?
>>
File: 1453831713001.jpg (1 MB, 1680x946) Image search: [Google]
1453831713001.jpg
1 MB, 1680x946
>Germany
>Oberkommando Des Heeres
- Build the volkssturm early using teenagers and old men. training them in guerrilla tactics and sabotage similar to the British home guard.
- Lease equipment to the Romanians and Hungarians
- send German officers to train Hungarian and Romanian troops in to the standard of German troops
- do whatever necessary to avoid war with the United States
>Invade and annex Sweden for their resources
- issue oakleaf and pea dot camouflage en-masse to the Wehrmacht
- Invade Russia in spring, fuck helping the Italians and their incompetent army.
>>
>>29545633
Why not take over the whole of eastern europe first, then all the nordic countries, then switzerland, then arabia ? Also, would destroying the UK lead to an american invasion ? I think lobbying all the congress members would prevent that.
>>
File: 1458487007685.jpg (77 KB, 960x599) Image search: [Google]
1458487007685.jpg
77 KB, 960x599
>>29544569
>>29545188
You guys are forgetting something the Brits did terribly for most of WW2, that being tanks.

-Ditch the retarded Infantry/Cruiser tank designations and stick to classifications that make sense
-Ditch bow gunners, Commander is now the radio operator and give him a .30 cal
-Ditch rifled guns and adopt smooth bore 17.pdr with bore evacuator (SB version for faster tanks) as a standard armament
-Adopt and standardize APFSDS, HEAT and HE ammuntion
-Make tanks as crew-friendly as possible, with reasonable interior room, ventilation/heating, escape hatches for all crew
-Reliability and easy maintenance a big focus
-Make tank crews wear helmets for fuck sake
-Make use of sloped armour to maximise it's effectiveness
-Try to use as many parts as possible already being produced when creating new stuff
-Invest in heavy breakthrough tanks, look to the Navy for a good 6" gun candidate
-Invest in IR technology earlier
-Emphasize development on medium tanks and tank destroyers
-Develop and mass produce a cheap APC, like a bigger version of the Bren gun carrier
-Create infantry support versions of said APC, like a flame thrower, mortar carrier, medevac etc
-Create wire net SLAT armour that can be easily fitted/replaced to fend off panzerfausts and other light AT
>>
>>29545153
>Naziboo that doesn't even know Third Reich history: The Post
>>
>>29545674
Why helmets in tanks ? Other than turning out ?
>>
>>29545674

Why would you go for a smoothbore barrel? What advantages does it confer in terms of 40's tech?

If you want a gun that can be quickly mounted for smaller tanks, put the 17pdr shell into a 3" AA gun casing as they did with the Comet. Cracking all rounder of a gun.
>>
>>29545710
The Brits had a lot of injuries from crew me,bees hitting their heads because they didn't wear helmets.
>>
>>29545568
The Germans had helicopters but I'm not sure if they used them for anything other than casualty evac

>>29545662
Why not take over the whole of eastern europe first, then all the nordic countries, then switzerland, then arabia ?
That would be extremely costly to the Wehrmacht
Those countries aren't going to sit by and watch the Germans take them over
The Swiss especially would probably fight tooth-and-nail to stop the Germans. They had hundreds of thousands of troops and lots of man-made and natural fortifications to halt an invasion
>>
File: Messerschmitt Me 264 Amerika..jpg (22 KB, 603x251) Image search: [Google]
Messerschmitt Me 264 Amerika..jpg
22 KB, 603x251
>>29545633
You don't think that a good long range heavy bomber would have been useful in the early years for them?
>>
>>29545153
There's so much retarded shit in this post I can't be bothered to go through it.
>>
>>29545674
To be honest, beyond sabot and HEAT ammo, I didn't know British tanks sucked in this era.
>>
>>29545724
But contribute significantly towards attaining more resources, to launch a further invasion into USSR later on, no ?
>>
If the IJA had a form of the AK, I think it REALLY would have helped them, especially in the jungles and in the mud and whatnot.
>>
>>29545710
Brit tanks had higher casualty rates primarily due to a lack of head protection. They wore berets.

>>29545721
The 17 pdr Sabot ammunition was inaccurate partly due to the rifling, but it could penetrate a ridiculous thickness of steel.
>>
>>29545758
Ok, but where those only from when they turned out ? If not, how did they get hurt inside the tanks ?

I'm not surprised senpai, the Brits are very stuck in their ways, arrogant, and refuse to see their incompetence.
>>
>>29545757
Not really. Small arms having much of a factor in strategic warfare is pretty much a meme at this point. Short of having man portable rail guns or something like that, Japan was fucked the moment they attacked Pearl Harbor. They had no chance of winning the war.
>>
>>29545780
If the carriers went down though... They might stand a chance maybe ?
>>
File: heat_effect.gif (9 KB, 545x115) Image search: [Google]
heat_effect.gif
9 KB, 545x115
>>29545772
>Ok, but where those only from when they turned out ? If not, how did they get hurt inside the tanks ?
No. Shrapnel and spalling were the main causes for casualties. Western tankers tended to fight with the hatch open for better visibility and air.

>I'm not surprised senpai, the Brits are very stuck in their ways, arrogant, and refuse to see their incompetence.
It's primarily upper class stiff lip Generals who were at fault here.
>>
>>29545792
No.
>>
>>29544569

Germany.. 1938..

Overall:
- Dont declare war on USA or Russia (yet!)
- Get plans for mass-production, like the T-34, deuce and a half, Thompson etc..
- Establis a competent intelligence network with agents whos sole mission in the war is to assassinate various people like Alan Turing and other key personel for the succes of the war-effort..
- Go to Libya and start plans for oil-production!
- Still blokade UK
- Increase research for Nukes and "Napalm"bombs. Also scrap most of the V-projects..

And so on.. basically remember where they failed and dont make the same mistake..
>>
>>29545840
>Increase research for Nukes
Silly Anon. Atomic weapons are Jew science. And you're not a dirty Jew, are you? Now let's go invade Russia!

t. Hitler
>>
>>29545840
take a "liberating" pose on the russian war. the locals hated the commies greatly, but were united against the common threat of the invading germans. Take many prisoners, Execute the political officers, perhaps the regular officers and soldiers of note, but send the rest home.
they Executed by their own government or sent to the Gulags. Let this happen, and propagandize it to help turn the russians against their communist government :^)
>>
>>29545920
*they end up getting Executed
>>
i would just give hitler the designs for atom bombs and have a long conversation with him while we did lots of amphetamines, a heart to heart. i would convince him of what i knew and i would win the war for the germans.

1. nukes. to be deployed against russians indiscriminately and against the british pre-emptively. stop america from entering the war with le world ending superweapon. identify and assassinate all american nuclear physicians of any value. prevent japan from engaging in war, or just have china and japan duke it out to keep them out of the picture.

2. teach the germans to make AK47's, and modern infantry technique that is common knowledge today but took many wars and much error to develop.

3. develop a more useful propaganda machine using modern day SJW style tactics that paint germany as the victim, which they were, so that's easy; broadcast world wide with ultra powerful radio transmissions our dream for a world where the west is not asked to commit suicide. engage america as allies if possible.

4. fast forward production of computers through knowledge of semi-conductors and the basic theory. use these computers to develop superior naval vesels, tanks, and long range missiles

5. inform them of which of their secret project weapons are retarded and pointless.

6. absolute high-road minimization of civilian casualties except in the cases of nuclear attacks on capitals, which would occur simultaniously and be done with a grave sorrow in public apology for what was necessary. attempt to convert, rather than crush.

7. convert patton.

europe becomes a single nation.

>>29545772

dude tank rides were bumpy and it's cramped. tank jars and your head gets banged. at least the russians were smart enough to wear four hats at once after getting knocked around.
>>
>>29544569
>>Navy
>- Start work on Sonar sooner

More like update anti-air, that would have saved a lot of what they lost; or a chance to at least. Brits had some of the very best ASW of WW2.
>>
>japanese commander
>develop nukes
>hit pearl harbor foreal
drift everywhere
>>
File: igothis.jpg (39 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
igothis.jpg
39 KB, 431x450
Ok

Stop

Listen, everyone, listen.

LISTEN

>be the British
>STOP USING FUCKING DICKSHITTING CORDITE
>weapons in all three services immediatly become better, less barrel replacement need across the board from .303 rifle up to 15" BL Mk1 battleship guns.
>>
>>29545415
Second this.
But most important. Prepare the armed forces so we can mobilize against Russia and help Finland our eternal brothers.
>>
Switzerland:

>Support Gottlieb Duttweiler in his plan to increase the size of the air force (maybe not to Duttweiler proposed 1000 aircraft strong fleet, but still we need more Bf 109s!)

>Start building our own tanks, get Saurer, Berna, K+W Thun, Bucher, Hürlimann and any other vehicle producer on to this. Build the Nahkampfkanone!

>Send Brigadier Furrer into Rehab so he doesn't want to equip every gun with a toggle lock, get him to design a normal open bolt LMG. Also get the liscense for the Suomi MP earlier and mass produce that shit instead of the Mp41/44 (over 5kg for an unrealiable MP is unacceptable)

>scrap the Tankbüchse, invest more in small towable anti tank guns (maybe even by bicycle) or man portable systems like the Panzerfaust

>Start research for a simple semi-auto rifle as stop gap between the K11/31 and the Stgw 57, it doesn't need to be avilable during the war but it needs to be ready to be taken into service after the war
>>
Burger:
>make sabot shell for 75mm and 76mm shermans
>cluster munitions
>maybe some early wire guided AT missiles if possible
>>
>>29546712

To add to this: don't use a radial engine in the Sherm, so it's not twenty feet tall. Get to grips with the idea of the turret hanging out over the turret ring itself to expand internal space. Use Canadian dry pin tracks to save rubber.
>>
>>29544569
Design a button that when pressed will turn all enemies weapons into flowers
>>
>>29545780
>Small arms having much of a factor in strategic warfare is pretty much a meme at this point.
More like the other way roud.
>>
>>29545155
Not neccesarily true, you know how expensive it would be to field a semi auto rifle to an entire army?especially given the context that this happens before WW2 starts. Where would you get the budget / money to do that? especially when the last war was the "War to end all Wars"
>>
>>29546712
>sabot shell for 75mm
Lol, that would be extremely inaccurate due to the short barrel. The HEAT used was extremely effective against Pz III's and IV's.

>76mm
Already has HVAP and is a rifled gun, so the idea of sabot goes out the window.
>>
>>29546712
>cluster munitions
Given the already (comparably) low reliability of bombs, cluster munitions with 40's tech would be ridiculously unreliable.
>>
>>29546828
>To add to this: don't use a radial engine in the Sherm, so it's not twenty feet tall

But that was the best available at the time. You need to understand that the R-975 radial was available when the M4 was being designed in 1940. The GAA V8 was available in 1942. The A57 multibank was available in 1941. You can't just say "Use this instead" when technically the alternatives did not exist.

Changing the hull to be lower profile to match the later engines would be a massive effort and would interrupt already constructed logistics and production lines locally and those receiving lend-lease.
>>
>>29545044

I love the .303 but... yeah, they really are.

>rimmed ammo made by no one
>ballistics inferior to .308
>difficult to re-arsenal into a quality DMR or sniper rifle

In their day, they were king shit. The qualities that made them better than a Mauser as an infantry rifle are the same ones unfortunately that make them poorly suited for modern use.
>>
>>29547507
>75mm HEAT
>against Pz IIIs and IVs
[citation required]

Last I checked, 75mm APCBC was plenty
>>
>>29547524
Yet the Russians successfully made and used one
>>
>>29547650

Produce a licensed copy of the down-rated Merlin as used in British late-war cruisers? The main reason for slow adoption of the ground version of the engine was priority production for the RAF - get the US to produce it and put it in their tanks in exchange for getting a load to put in British-designed tanks and the situation is solved.
>>
> Germany
> Don't invade Russia
> Don't declare war on the US.
> Don't kill the jews, they can build nukes.
> Nuke Russia, remove bolshevik.
> Continental Europe is now my bitch.
>>
>>29548806
>> Don't kill the jews
This. We could have had a gypsy-free world. Instead ol' Uncle Adolf lost focus and wasted a ton of money and man-hours removing useful high-IQ judens
>>
>>29548806
So to make the nazis win the war, they just have to not be nazis. Genious!
>>
Germany, i would stage a coup and kill Hitler.
>Navy
I would focus on making a large submarine fleet.
>Airforce
Reaserch for jet aircraft
Build heavy bombers that doesn´t suck
>army
Make equipment that works in a cold climate.
Work on the STG44
Improve logistics
>>
>>29545674
>-Ditch bow gunners, Commander is now the radio operator and give him a .30 cal
Radio operator is complicated enough to be dedicated at this point.
>>
>>29548806

But what are you gonna do about all those Commie Jews constantly trying to subvert the nation?
>>
>>29549081
Centurion Mk.1 was made in 1946 and has a 4 man crew.
>>
File: 1449349366440.jpg (209 KB, 1061x676) Image search: [Google]
1449349366440.jpg
209 KB, 1061x676
>Germany
Alright for real this time
>Do absolutely everything in my power to minimize the amount of intrusion Hitler has on the general staff
>Get him to not invade Russia late in Summer
>Go to great lengths to unfuck the German small arms acquisition programs
>Fuck the G41, have them skip right to the G43 and pump that shit out as fast as humanly possible
>Get Hitler to realize the STG is a great damn gun and get that pumped out as well
>Standardize the living fuck out of the Wehrmact/SS transportation and logistics
>There should not be a hodgepodge of trucks being used for everything
>Replace horse-drawn logistics as soon as possible
>Issue splittertarn to Wehrmact ASAP, Pea Dot for the SS
>Move Germany's economy to total war footing ASAP (Speer didn't do this until about 43-44)
>Allow women to work in the factory's and tell anyone who bitches to eat it
>Put a lot more money into aircraft production
>Send surplus gear/equipment plus trainers to minor Axis nations like Romania
>Send more aid to the Finns and give them training on how to use Panzerfausts/Panzerschrecks immediately (they got fucked in the continuation war because the Germans were paranoid that the Finns would somehow leak how they worked to the Soviets)
>Flood the Finns in Stugs, artillery tractors, and AT weaponry
>Either simplify Tiger and Panther designs or keep them but put a focus on PzIVs for numbers
>Get jet production up faster
>Design and mass produce a true long range strategic bomber
>When moving into Eastern Europe train and arm anti-Soviet fighters and tell commanders to NOT TREAT THE LOCALS LIKE SHIT. The Germans missed an utterly massive opportunity by being dicks when they could've fulfilled the role of liberator in Eastern Europe
>To expand upon that go to great lengths to ensure occupation of other countries is to go as smoothly and without much harassment
>Avoid declaring outright war on the US
>>
>>29545449
>I have to wonder what the IJN would have done had they build a dozen light-carriers to play with at the beginning of the war.
Dozen submarine food.
>>
>>29549460
>June 22
>late in Summer
>>
>>29549460
Turn every tank factory into Panzer IV's or StuG III's skip every other single armoured vehicle they wasted time with (except scout cars of course.)

Reverse all anti-jew policies and put them into the army and factories (keep their bags of jew gold though)
>>
>>29550037
All able bodied Jews were already working for the war effort in the camps. In fact some camps were built together with large manufacturing plants for that very purpose.
>>
What about post-war negotiations?
>brit
NO ATLEE

A
T
L
E
E
>>
File: 1402013414472.png (330 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1402013414472.png
330 KB, 495x495
>>29550000
checked

>>29550037
>Reverse all anti-jew policies
pic related
>>
>>29550037
>Turn every tank factory into Panzer IV's or StuG III's skip every other single armoured vehicle they wasted time with (except scout cars of course.)

If you were to do this at least pick vehicles with more interchangeable parts, like a Jagdpanzer. What should have been done is spend more time testing vehicles to identify and eliminate mechanical problems with what were otherwise fantastic vehicles.
>>
>>29550145
Germany had no time to spare, sempai.
>>
>>29550158
But in the OP's scenario you do have time.
>>
>>29550171
>get dropped into Germany in 1938
>b-bitte du muss fix the panther so it doesn't burst into flames desu
>was ist "Panther," amerikaner schweinf?!?!
>>
>>29550214
If you have the faintest idea on what a Panther even looks like you can get engineers to follow your instructions.
>>
The german equivalent of this would just be slapping the shit out of hitler to make him stop butting into military affairs, and playing up public image.
>>
>>29550378
Hitler's generals wanted to return to WW1-mode at every turn. They wanted to repeat the push into Belgium, and they wanted to retreat and hole up in trenches everytime something went wrong. Without Hitler's personal will, nothing would've gotten accomplished.
>>
>>29550417
>they wanted to retreat and hole up in trenches
Ive been wondering if somthing like this might have worked once the Stalingrad siege was broken. go full retreat into say..poland or somthing and bunker down to wait for the Red army and their human wave tactics.
>>
>>29549095
Not all Commies are Jews, and not all Jews are commies.
>>
>>29547524
The Germans used cluster bombs on London. The US then directly copied the design and used it for decades as the standard US cluster bomb.

It works fine.
>>
>>29545710
Whiplash kills people in car crashes when there's airbags and padded headrests, imagine getting thrashed around in a cramped metal box with lose casings/ammo boxes/assorted junk bouncing around
>>
>>29551294
You didn't answer his question.
>>
>>29544569
britain.

have another look at fuller, start working on a universal tank, accept that its going to be heavy but use merlin to get decent engine for it.

start prioritise merlin engines and the introduction of reliable 20mm cannon.

start mass producing something like the sterling SMG.

for tanks start with HEAT early same of infantry AT.

airforce wise plan for 4 engine heavy using merlins, approve mossie and barnes wallis heavy bomb designs and preferably some kind of cluster bomb, ditch the fairey battle and use mossie as light day bomber with hurribombers in support.

train arty crews and generals to be more flexible especially regarding the use of heavy AA as anti tank pieces as the 3.7 inch heavy AA gun is more than capable of knocking out a tank.

the 25pounder is great but more would be good and a HEAT type round should be developed if possible.

sonar and radar should be prioritised, and the older battleships put in yards for extensive AA improvement with the addition of lots of 40mm.

fleet air arm needs a new fighter and that new fighter doesnt need to be a twin seater, navigation can be done by the pilot, as for the RAF while the bomber squadrons need new planes so do the fighters, the hurricane is good but more spitfires wold be very good indeed and dogfight training needs significant imporvement with the adoption of the wingman system and the four aircraft flight being essential.

doctrine should emphasize concentration of force and aggression and the use of combined arms, tanks get radios and taxi rank style air support should be introduced as well as more flexible artillery support
>>
>>29545382
>Japan

Shaped charges. Definitely.
>>
How did the countries get the people in the occupied territories to fight for them ?
>>
>research the shit out of nukes
>build a shit load
>nuke japan
>nuke the shit out of russia post ww2
>establish russia as a us puppet state
>eventually make it part of US
>nuke/invade china
>turn china into another extension of the US
>nuke the shit out of the middle east
>erradicate all commies
>ally whole world and pool collective resources and minds
>start space travel research
>colonize other planets

We future now
>>
>>29545153
Typical Stormfag: The Post
>>
>>29544569
>How do you advise your forces to prepare for the coming storm?

I don't, because that alters history and makes my advice worthless.
>>
>Germany
- pull back a small amount of combat veterans and let them train new recruits to improve quality of training in the later years
- work on tank models that are better suited for mass production and are more reliable and drop over-engineered shit like the Tiger
- work much closer with your allies and maybe work on weapon projects together
- drop this holocaust bullshit so you have more manpower for the front
- start working on semi-automatic rifles like the G43 and replace the K98k as early as possible
- don't abolish the Ten Commandments for the Wehrmacht at all to raise morale
>>
>>29545633
You can't invade Russia in spring, everything is ice and mud, tanks and supply lines couldn't make it.
>>
>>29555190

Mainly by the fact that the Nazis were being Nazis.
>>
>>29555759
COuld you explain ? I mean what prevented the foreign soldiers from killing the occupiers, or becoming resistance ?
>>
>>29556212

Are you asking why people from the occupied countries joined the Wermacht/Waffen-SS?

If so, it was either voluntarily or through conscription.

The Nazis and Fascism (and their hatred of communists) had a lot of support all over the world, and lots of the people who found themselves in an occupied territory decided they wanted to further the cause and thus volunteered for the SS. This is where you get SS-Charlemange and the British Friekorps from.

The other side is press-ganged conscription. As in 'join the Wermacht or we'll kill you and your family'.
>>
How would big ass tanks, like the abrams and leopard, even the type 10, have fared in WW2 ? in say the european or pacific theatre ? Would they get bogged down in the mud ?
>>
>>29556430

I mean they'd have no fuel, none of the data advantages that modern tanks do... But other than that they'd rape face.

And if shitty WW2 tanks with insane ground pressure and tiny tracks could manage, why couldn't an Abrams or a Chally?

WW1 and WW2 are different wars, you know?
>>
Japan
IJA
Invest more in CAS, and tanks that can kill other tanks
IJN
Submarines
Aircraft carriers
>>
>Third Reich
>Implement MBT chassis similar to that of the T-54/55.
>APC's, IFV's and logistical vehicles built on this chassis.
>Implement 'Reliability, usability' policy, if it cannot overcome a wide range of circumstances with the minimal amount of parts necessary, it does not get built.
>Expeditionary forces comprised of SS officers, scientists, engineered and religious clerics travel across the world and setup factories, whilst maintaining communications with the third reich.
>Expeditionary forces do not maintain regular armies and equipment, but use techniques and machines suited to their environment.

>Ban racial profiling and replace with spiritual aryanism.
>>
>all the above can be done in one year, as OP stated
>>
>>29557584
mostly the angle your armor with 60° in the front

But honestly it is pretty hard to talk against Hitler, see battle of kursk.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.