[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LCS suffers extensive damage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: fort_worth_lcs31024.jpg (87 KB, 1024x482) Image search: [Google]
fort_worth_lcs31024.jpg
87 KB, 1024x482
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-04-07/damage-extensive-for-crippled-u-s-littoral-ship-in-singapore

>The USS Fort Worth, the third Littoral Combat Ship deployed by the U.S. Navy, suffered “extensive damage” during the botched maintenance procedure in January that’s left the crippled vessel sidelined in Singapore ever since, according to the service’s top weapons buyer.

>Now, Navy personnel must open up the damaged section and flush out its lubrication system “over a long period of time,” Stackley said. “It’s not going to be a quick flush.”
After that, the service must determine “how extensive is the damage -- therefore how extensive is the repair?” Stackley, said.

JUST FUCK MY SHIP UP
>>
Jesus Christ it's a comedy of errors
>>
Sounds like the Russian ships back in the Russo-Japanese War.
>>
>>29543202
Nothing can beat the Russians in naval incompetence during the Russo Japanese War
>>
>flush out lubricant
>flush out
are they fucking flushing it out in the sea? Singapore is a state of cucks that lets their sea be destroyed like that?
>>
How can you even botch maintenance so bad it sidelines 2000 tons ship
>>
>>29543104
top fucking kek

Was it USN personnel or a contractor doing the maintenance work?
>>
>>29543218
Lockheed designed it so only they could service the ship and the USN dared to try and maintain it themselves
>>
think it was a woman or a black guy?
>>
>>29543213
>Nothing can beat the Russians in naval incompetence during the Russo Japanese War
Oh really? show me any other Navy that crossed half the world across the worst seas with limited logistical support and the technology of the 1900s and managed to participate in combat. Any other Navy that attempted that feat would've been fucking destroyed halfway the journey let alone made it in time to fight.
>>
>>29543674
that's the thing though
the other navies were competent enough to know NOT to attempt the feat
>>
>>29543674
they hit their own ships while practicing naval marksmanship. And mistook British ships for Japanese speedboats, which even then they didn't muster on time and would have been obliterated had they been actual enemy combatants.

>made it in time to fight
HAHAHAHA

>muh logistics
you mean stopping for months on end at certain areas until the Russian government could purchase the coal?

If you want a logistical feat look at British shipping during the U-boat blockades in the second world war. They managed to stave off starvation.

hell, even during the 1900's the Brits managed to do that because they planned ahead. How do you think they mustered the combat strength to take on the Chinese during the Opium wars? They couldn't send all their ships obviously
>>
>>29543642
If it was botched maintenance, a black guy. The engineering department on my ship was almost 100% black dudes. The women were mostly in deck department or office jobs.
>>
>>29543674
found the vatnik
>>
>>29543214
No, they'll have to flush lube oil through the system, filter and repeat. They need to get a bunch of metal shavings out of the gearbox and plumbing. They might use a heavier weight oil for flushing, to pick up more debris.

CO and EO can kiss their careers goodbye. There's probably a CPO or SCPO who will also never advance again.

The guy who actually did the hands-on fuck up is probably the only involved party who didn't commit career suicide.
>>
Remember watching the shit documentary where the contractor delivered 2 converted IFV auto cannon turret to one of the LCS. One of the turret didn't fire. The anti sea mine submarine also broke. They needed to buy a brand new hydraulic flush to fix it instead of using the ship board one. Also, the engine oil pipes or something was leaking.

I wondered to myself it this was normal during testing or it was a total train wreck of the procurement system.
>>
>>29543826
I love that documentary and the captain of the mono hull, i believe the Freedom.

They were testing the 5 shot burst at some target speed boats and it didnt work.

Sailor: "Captain, the 5 shot burst isn't working or whatever."
captain: "Well fire one round faster!" In an annoyed tone.
>>
http://www.newsmax.com/t/world/article/710388

>>29543218
>>29543796

You could be looking at a pretty significant overhaul of the propulsion system, depending on the gearbox layout. Too many different causes to speculate on what exactly caused the problem.

Real question is who checked the guy who was doing the PM work, you're going to tell me no senior tech / engineer double checked things before OKing turning it back on?

Chief Engineer on that boat's career is toast, if no one else's.
>>
>>29543701
>the other navies were competent enough to know NOT to attempt the feat
Oh they know it was suicide, only problem is the one giving the orders doesn't know shit.
>>29543707
>they hit their own ships while practicing naval marksmanship.
shit happens, or is every navy that did blue-on-blue now incompetent?
>And mistook British ships for Japanese speedboats
probably the poorest of excuses but its understandable since the Brits are allied with the Japanese afterall. They wouldn't even be quaking in their boots with news of Japanese torpedo boats in the wrong side of the world had their not be a Britain to provide logistical support to such a force.
>If you want a logistical feat look at British shipping during the U-boat blockades in the second world war. They managed to stave off starvation.
You mean they had Uncle Sam providing cover whenever they can whilst helping with the logistical burden too?
>How do you think they mustered the combat strength to take on the Chinese during the Opium wars?
The Chinese were in very bad shape during that time. They had hordes of peasants waiting to storm the palaces a couple times per year for 40 years (one actually made it) so its no wonder they can't mount an effective defense beyond half-hearted shrugs.
>>
>>29543674
>Oh really? show me any other Navy that crossed half the world across the worst seas with limited logistical support and the technology of the 1900s and managed to participate in combat. Any other Navy that attempted that feat would've been fucking destroyed halfway the journey let alone made it in time to fight.

the british navy of the time was set up to be able to do exactly that, and had it engaged the japanese fleet in place of the russians would likely have won decisively.

admittedly the british would have had better logistics support, better trained crews and better maintained ships, and thus a easier voyage, but frankly thats kind of the point and why the RN was a better navy than the russians, and qualitatively if not numerically always has been a better navy
>>
>>29543202
>>29543213

Invariably the 'look, mom! I'm trolling on the japanese penis board' types compare multi-billion dollar disasters with a country that has never been known for its navy (outside of subs).

It really shits up this board every bit as bad as the slavboos that can't take any criticism. But you two should hug because you are the same; can't take criticism, take every opportunity to bash thousand dollar disasters on the other team.
>>
>>29543104
>LCS concept turn out to be huge mistake
>What can we do to get rid of them?
>???
>>
>>29543674
>blue on blue during salute salvo.
All other navy's would not commit fratricide every chance they would get.
>>
>>29543707
>If you want a logistical feat look at British shipping during the U-boat blockades in the second world war.
What the British merchant navy did in WW2 was certainly brave, but it was not a logistical feat.
>>
>>29543674
This desu. The Russian navy's spectacular and hilarious demise was what prompted the US to rethink its doctrine and emphasize range for its navy.
>>
>>29543674
They took casualties while attacked unarmed British fishing trawlers. That's truly epic incompetence.
>>
>>29543104
LCS is a national embarrassment
>>
>>29545160
No they just want you to think it is but is not.
>>
>>29543674
>undergo massive voyage to the pacific to fight the japanese
>who had already defeated a fleet even larger fleet than the one being sent
>Fuck up in every way imaginable along the way
>get completely rekt when they arrive
>cyka blyat glorious russian navy is actually of best for even attempting such a feat idi nahuy

wow, an honest to god vatnik
>>
>>29543104
Singaporean here. Did we fuck the ship up ? Also, AMA.
>>
>>29544668
>All other navy's would not commit fratricide every chance they would get.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_friendly_fire_incidents
ctrl+F: Russia: 7 matches
ctrl+F: Soviet: 5 matches
ctrl+F: British: more than 100 matches lel.
>>29545083
>They took casualties while attacked unarmed British fishing trawlers. That's truly epic incompetence.
Given the British preponderance of blue-on-blue incidents it must have spread itself somehow through close contact with the Russian warships like some sort of bug.
>>
>>29545529
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_friendly_fire_incidents
firstly the british were victims of allied friendly fire in many of those incidents, secondly british and american incidents are far more likely to be documented, certainly on a english language page and thirdly, most of those were fog of war incidents during actual battles as opposed to the russian incident in which a battlefleet miles from any enemy forces mistakes fishing bots for attackers panics and starts shooting everything that moves including its own forces
>>
>>29543962
>actually trying to defend the clusterfuck that was the Russian navy in the Russian-Japanese war

wew lad intensifies
>>
>>29545160
How to spot someone who only reads under researched sensationalist articles.
>>
>>29545389

Singaporean here. The USN don't want others to touch their state of the art ship. For fear of spying.

In fact I don't think the any nation want anyone other then their own country peeps touching theirs.
>>
>>29545660
Especially since they only sank one of the fishing boats and didn't kill any brits but kinda-sank one of their own ships and killed a couple of their own.
>>
File: 1460216518161.jpg (148 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1460216518161.jpg
148 KB, 1440x810
LCS btfo
>>
>>29545529
>Wikipedia as source
>according to wiki the Soviets did not have a single blue on blue during both world wars.
Nice try, just shows how bad Russia is at reporting and documenting history.
>>
>>29543674
Do you even Great White Fleet?
>>
File: 1460214170395.jpg (157 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
1460214170395.jpg
157 KB, 1440x810
>another season another fucking cute girl show trying to mental gymnastic into convincing its viewers that these Yamato Class pieces of shits can hold its own against modern destroyers
>>
>>29545660
*damage control intensifies*
>>29545788
>Especially since they only sank one of the fishing boats and didn't kill any brits but kinda-sank one of their own ships and killed a couple of their own.
nice fanfiction m8. OTOH here's what really happened.
>battleships of the Russian Imperial Navy's Baltic Fleet en route to reinforce in the Far East, fired on a fleet of British Hull fishing trawlers in the North Sea in mistake for Japanese Imperial Navy torpedo boats after misunderstanding signals, killing two and wounding six fishermen besides sinking one and damaging four vessels. In the general chaos that ensued, the cruisers Aurora and Dmitrii Donskoi were also taken for Japanese warships in the fog and bombarded by seven battleships sailing in formation, damaging both ships and killing at least one Russian sailor and severely wounding another, and fatally wounding a naval chaplain.
Since Aurora and Dmitry Donskoi got their asses kicked on the far end of the earth they survived the attacks with minimal damage.
>>29546070
>Nice try, just shows how bad Russia is at reporting and documenting history.
nah, they are just not that good with the whole friendly-fire stuff.
>>
>>29546144
>Do you even Great White Fleet?
>Unlike the formidable obstacles that had faced the Russian fleet[nb 1] on its voyage from the Baltic to the Pacific, which eventually led to its destruction by the Japanese in 1905,[15][16] the U.S. effort benefited from a peaceful environment which aided the coordination of ship movements.
>>
>>29545702

This is false, Glenn Marine has and does provide replenishing and maintainence support to the LCS, and Glenn Marine hires non-Americans, they just don't use our own logistics

t. Boatman
>>
>>29543674
>oh really, show me anyone else retarded enough to do a strategically and logistically completely retarded move
>>
File: 1460039308657.png (360 KB, 600x1896) Image search: [Google]
1460039308657.png
360 KB, 600x1896
>>29543674
>>
File: ShootTheComrade.jpeg.jpg (72 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
ShootTheComrade.jpeg.jpg
72 KB, 600x256
>>29546223
>Truly believes the vatniks did not have a single friendly fire incident in both world wars.
>While employing barrier troops tactics
>Literately shooting everyone tying to withdraw.
>"nah, they are just not that good with the whole friendly-fire stuff."
>Being this retarded
Keep fighting, it only makes my dick grow harder.
>>
>>29546324

You could say the same about American military history.

We like to be proud of our countries and feel the nationalism but truth be told most of us are dumb and do dumb things and there are only a handful of nations that can truly be proud of their military history.
>>
>>29546164
But dude this time it's using super ultra power laser beams and indestructible armor!

Japanese writing is fucking atrocious
>>
>>29546164
>>29546017
Source on this?
>>
>>29543826
>>29543849
Thanks for the tip, was pretty awesome comedy desu senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjG_dBUehAk

>2 converted IFV auto cannon turret to one of the LCS. One of the turret didn't fire.
One broke some aiming device after few shots, the other didn't function if fired when ship was sailing over 30knots

>he anti sea mine submarine also broke. They needed to buy a brand new hydraulic flush to fix it instead of using the ship board one.
And then it broke again when they tried to deploy it for further testing. The whole procedure looked quite finicky as well and would only work in dead calm seas only
>>
>>29546144
The GWF was basically in tatters towards the end. It was an experiment that showed that the USN was in no shape to project power.
>>
I'm beginning to think only thing US is good at anymore is tooting their own horn
>>
>>29543104

Could somebody rationally explain this? Like without vatnikery or "Hurr durr, aqua F35!". All I can find says that they fucked up the propulsion system by running it out of oil. But how? And why does the thing need to be carried to the US and disassembled?
>>
>>29546673
Because as another anon said the Freedom-class is designed to only be repaired and maintained by contractors from LM and associated companies. It saves costs of having to train personnel but the USN is forever on the dog leash of LM with this ship.

F-35 isn't actually an apt comparison since it's a very multinational project. It's being built in a ton of countries, each one has the knowhow to fix it since they made part of it.
>>
Why aren't we just buying the Izumo-class from Japan? One of them for the cost of 2 LShitS, but much more capable.
>>
>>29546673
>But how?
What I've read it seems like a genuine human error forgetting to turn on oil pump, open some valve or refill the system etc. Now why the fuck did the engine management allow the thing to start in the first place without proper oil pressure is beyond inexcusable fuck up in the design of the thing.

>And why does the thing need to be carried to the US and disassembled?
Because fuck ton of hp to a gearbox w/o oil breaks shit and when things break like this it's usually gear teeth or bearings disintegrating themselves into metal filings. Those things need to be completely cleaned out and any parts that got damaged replaced, that usually means taking the gearbox out, and that on most ships requires cutting a hole in the hull.

>>29546752
Muh protectionism
>>
>>29546752
>Izumo-class
28 aircraft
>2 Independence LCS
4 aircraft

For 1.2 billion a pop those Izumos are cheap as fuck
>>
>>29546752
American shipyards have trouble competing in the global commercial markets, so the government props them up with military contracts. It keeps industry available for war-time production and keeps shipbuilders employed during peace-time.
>>
>>29546509
Haifuri. First episode just aired.
>>
>>29546892
>It keeps industry available for war-time production and keeps shipbuilders employed during peace-time.
Which is not a good reason to do that. It's just a waste of capital and labor.
>>
File: proofs.jpg (32 KB, 500x503) Image search: [Google]
proofs.jpg
32 KB, 500x503
>>29543674
>>
>>29543104
>m-muh human error

They are not sure if it is human error.
And if it is, what does that show about the quality of the engine? When's the last time two Burke's went dead in the water within two months?
>>
>>29543218
Design failures plus retarded sailors = problems
>>
>>29546164
>something in the form of a big as fuck ship with a lot of armor equipped with advanced future weapons couldn't compare to modern ships
I don't see how you've reached this conclusion but I disagree.
>>
>>29544659
Redesignate them FF's and buy 40.
>>
>>29546609
Just like the PAK-FA
>>
>>29545689
>the LCS is not an embarassment

I can guarantee you I know more about the program than you. The program is a delayed, over budget, constantly redesigned, failure.
>>
>>29546804
>Now why the fuck did the engine management allow the thing to start in the first place without proper oil pressure is beyond inexcusable fuck up in the design of the thing.
Cant believe the thing didnt have an interlock or some shit. Im talking out of my ass but id figure even an intern could suggest that being included
>>
>>29546983

a fuck up this bad is most likely human error

design errors are usually more apparent with constant and consistent problems, not one which fucks the entire ship immediately
>>
>>29546744
>each nation has the know how

No
>>
>>29546752
The Izumo is a very untested ship with extensive Japanese systems. They simply are incompatible.

Also, protectionism is huge and for good reason.
>>
File: 1445663279952.jpg (32 KB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
1445663279952.jpg
32 KB, 410x396
>>29546908
Jesus. Fucking. Christ.

I want those 20 minutes back.
>WW2 ships for ''''''reasons'''''''' when an LCS runs circles around a DD
>1 (one) man in the entire episode
>20 little girls can apparently operate a DD designed for 148 men
>They didn't see the LCS and fleet until they're not even 1km away HEAD ON
>The LCS engages at that fucking range
>They get hit by gunfire and they're more concerned about proper names
>LCS fucking sinks from a ''''''training torpedo''''''''
What the fuck is wrong with these creators.
>>
>>29547120
They do actually. All of Level 1, Level 2 and most of the Level 3 partners (save Norway and Turkey) have completed their personnel's relevant EMR training at Forth Worth.
>>
>>29547093
Agreed. But there's no good reason the design couldn't make such a colossal fuckup less likely.
>>
>>29547205
That leaves out like 4 nations.
>>
>>29547205
I'm pretty confident Canada hasn't.

t. Canadian who watches the program
>>
>>29547261
Probably because Canada hasn't placed an order nor manufactures any of the hardware.
>>
>>29547167
You're right about most things, but allow me to nitpick a bit.
They do mention at one point that the ships are mostly automated, and I'm pretty sure that the torpedo was a live one, not at training dummy, and the person who conveyed the order to load it screwed up.
>>
>>29547073

Most modern commercial vessels have a shut-down that activates within 1 minute of not detecting any lube oil or coolant. You can override the shut-down in emergencies. We call it the "million dollar button" because it's a big fucking red button behind a glass cover in the control room and on the bridge.

Interesting that a USN vessel doesn't have that. Or maybe they do, but it failed? Or someone overrode it?

t. marine engineer
>>
>>29547658
Perhaps the sensors were bad and didn't save the E-4 from fucking up an oil change.
>>
>>29548045

The sensors could be bad, but there's reason why you several of them, in case one fails.

I know nothing about the military (in fact, I've signed up as an engineering officer in the Danish Navy, hopefully I'll get the position) but it seems like either gross negligence, or a single point of failure caused this entire mess.

Hell, they'd notice the gearbox was fucked by simply doing a round. Whenever you start up machinery, you are supposed to move your fat from the control room and go INSPECT it. A gearbox running without lube-oil? You wouldn't be in doubt. It would be hot as fuck and making some serious noise, even in a noisy engine space.

Sounds to me like a classic case of control room engineers, as we call them. People who stay in the control room but have no idea what's actually going on outside, just relying on their sensors.
>>
>>29546892
not "trouble"
its they cost many times what foreign ship builders do, which is one of the biggest issues facing the US navy right now
Can't get any cheap ships, so everything is a billion dollar boondoggle
>>
>>29548385
lotta diversity hires in the military
>>
>>29548385
No, the real issue is they were doing sea trials with a brand new propulsion system. The fort worth was the first to upgrade it.

You can see where this is going...

So you had a crew who was not quite sure what normal was, and that mixed with a design flaw in the application of lube to the combineing gears, mixed with the CO not giving a fuck and NOT shutting it down lead to this.

https://news.usni.org/2016/01/21/littoral-combat-ship-uss-fort-worth-sidelined-in-singapore-with-propulsion-system-damage

Bloomberg is way behind the ball on this story.

Yes, the CO was shitcanned because of this.

>“Based on initial indications, the casualty occurred due to an apparent failure to follow procedures during an operational test of the port and starboard main propulsion diesel engines,” Lt. Cmdr. Matt Knight, a spokesman with U.S. Pacific Fleet, told USNI News in January.

https://news.usni.org/2016/03/28/uss-fort-worth-co-relieved-over-january-propulsion-casualty

Old, old news.

I dont make a habit of comeing to /k/ with anti western (in general) news due to the very large population of slavshits and chicoms who will take shit like this and run with it to infinity.

But here we are, so there you go
>>
>>29548832

Thanks for the info.
>>
China should claim the ship for themselves.
>>
>>29549019
No problem, its actually an interesting saga.

Your addition is nice though, it looks like the CO did hit the perverbial million dollar button, even if it is not as dramatic as your is.
>>
>>29547052
>I can guarantee you I know more about the program than you.

Fascinating.
>>
>>29545689

How to spot someone in denial.

The program is clearly fucked up. Multiple contractors fighting with each other over who is responsible for what fuck up. Automation driving the crew down to 50 so damage control and maintenance capability are sacrificed.

This was the common sense outcome of this abortion since its inception.
>>
>>29547093
Yes the human error is that the nazy paid for a piece of shit ship that wasn't even complete when they accepted delivery and now that it's breaking every time they turn on the engine they are throwing more money at the manufacturers instead of demanding that they fix it under warranty like every other fucking thing on the planet should be.

LCS is a pure pork program that is making us weaker. It is a national embarrassment.

And so is the Zumwalt.
>>
File: DDH-183_いずも(2).jpg (322 KB, 1920x1233) Image search: [Google]
DDH-183_いずも(2).jpg
322 KB, 1920x1233
>>29546752
>One of them for the cost of 2 LShitS

Jesus fuck, I had no idea they are THAT overpriced.
>>
>>29547135
>Protectionism
>good reason

Pick one
>>
>>29549109
They've been having metal shavings in the gearbox problems since the first time they put to sea
>>
>>29543674
Even the fucking Dutch would have managed it. What are you even smoking? Circumnavigation was THE thing to do to prove you were even slightly competent at sea.

Look up the great white fleet.

Also
>with limited logistical support
the hallmark of a competent navy was to have the logistical support to do that sort of shit. I mean fucking really. It's like saying Well, we crossed the arctic with only half the supplies we needed. Half of us died, but look at all the money we saved!
>>
>>29546234
>implying the Russian fleet was actually harried at all from St. Petersburg to Vladivostok by anything but shadows, their own incompetence and various diseases from having awful hygeine and maintenance culture
>>
>>29549109
>I'm not being intellectually dishonest, you are in denial!
>>
>>29549215
>complex equipment is used improperly and breaks
>logically its the equipments fault and not the operators
>>
Welp, that's some careers down the toilet.
>>
>>29543218
Designers of military equipment have spent centuries trying to make equipment soldier/enlisted-proof. Nature has so far managed to always create an even bigger fuckup of a soldier/enlisted.
>>
>>29543962
There's blue-on-blue and then there's firing hundreds of shots at a towed practice target, under perfect conditions, and not only failing completely to hit the target even once, but actually managing to miss so hard as to hit the towing ship instead.
>>
>>29549528
It's the contractor's fault for not simplifying the operation to the point where enlisted crewmen can use it.
>>
>>29549217
the LCS costs about as much as the proposed type 26 frigates are expected to come in at for vastly less capability in all aspects apart from pure surface speed, the LCS project is vastly overpriced in comparison with its actual achievements
>>
File: SSC-Modified-LCS-Austal-USA.jpg (118 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
SSC-Modified-LCS-Austal-USA.jpg
118 KB, 960x720
>>29543104

Independence-class is best class.
>>
>>29543855
Pretty much. Like I said, the poor bastard who actually had hands on is the only one who'll walk away unscathed.

They might be looking at a yard availability to rebuild or replace the red gears, either way it pretty much involves filleting the main space like a fish. The CODOG plants I was stationed on were all in one unitary red gears. This is not going to be a quick or cheap fix
>>
>>29547167

Show me those american movies that did naval combat right.
>>
>>29543104

When you break something crazy expensive in the military, do they fine you/put a lien on your income or are you simply demoted/disciplined but otherwise not directly footing the bill?
>>
File: izumo + hyuga.jpg (41 KB, 1023x645) Image search: [Google]
izumo + hyuga.jpg
41 KB, 1023x645
>>29546752

Goddamn the izumo is such a sexi ship. if you can buy 1 of those for the price of 2 LCS I think that you USN should just jump on the possibility and get themselves a fucking bunch of helicopter destroyers.
The LCS is supposed to police waters and be a fast response ship or some shit? Well here you have a fucking ship designed to give chase to any and all submarine threats + it has a shitload of helicopters that can deal with pirates/pt boats/etc.
If you want some more offensive power you can pop on it some box launchers with harpoons/lrasms as was the plan for the LCS, or even some VLS cells, making it similiar to the USSR Moskvas.

With the military budget that the US has you could make literally a dozen + of those .. jesus that would be noice.
>>
>>29547167
>expecting better from weebshit
>>
>>29550902

Honestly I think we need to bring back baby flat top escort carriers, maybe a little smaller...

I think the F35 might revive the Harrier Carrier concept.
>>
>>29550902
You mean the America class? The 'gator navy' is far from a new thing for the United States and was one of the major reasons why the F-35B was pushed for so hard.
>>
>>29550812

They determine if you're at fault or not. If the incident is particularly egregious, then you could face criminal charges for mishandling government property.
>>
It is interesting that critical engine/drive train areas of the USS Iowa where heavily locked down to prevent fuck ups that would disable the ship.....

Pick this video up a little after 20:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW83U4bkC_k
>>
>>29551789

Smart move.
>>
>>29551632
America is a POS. 3 times the cost for marginally more aircraft
>>
>>29546604
It was an exercise in developing a proper globe-spanning naval force. Problems and education from them are inherent.
>>
>>29547363
>the ships are mostly automated
What a load of shit, automation to decrease the complement on the LCS to 50 working men is already not working, how the fuck did they get 148 down to 20 on a ship design that is a effectively a fossil?
>>
>Initial indications were that the damage “appears to be caused by a failure to follow established procedures during maintenance,” according to a Jan. 21 Navy memo. “During startup of the main propulsion diesel engines, lube oil was not supplied to the ship’s combining gears.”

Wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>29552974
Paedo magic, same way they can get 12 year old girls to crew WW2 tanks and somehow be ww2 warships.

It's always awfully written and entirely contrived to produce beach episodes and panty shots. Weebs truly are degeneracy incarnate
>>
File: frodo.png (214 KB, 400x399) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214 KB, 400x399
>>29543104
>Littoral Combat Ship
What's a Littoral Combat Ship doing outside of the United States coastal waters?
>>
>>29553461

Don't you get it...

We sail the POS to some distant odd harbor we want to control. Ship bust down there for ten years.... Far far easier than having to construct an artificial island...
>>
File: 1451426674031.jpg (48 KB, 469x505) Image search: [Google]
1451426674031.jpg
48 KB, 469x505
>>29549696

They hit a ship, though. I mean, that's not a total failure.
>>
>>29549215

New programs always have problems. They'll either get fixed or they won't, the class will be scrapped and what was learned will be incorporated into a new class or two. Rare is the new military technology that doesn't start off as a fucking boondoggle of the highest order.

Example: 20 out of 32 SR71 airframe were lost to a accidents. If two thirds of any other aircraft fleet went down like that, there would be entire companies bankrupted. But for most of the Blackbird's early history it was pretty heavily classified and most of those crashes weren't even widely known by the public.

A new ship getting fucked by metal shavings in port? Meh. When it blows up, call me.
>>
>>29549513

Pretending the LCS isn't a comedy of bad ideas and asserting that it's everyone else being dishonest is pretty pathetic.

Sorry bro, other boats don't have all these problems for a reason. Stop trying to rationalize every bit of bullshit.
>>
>>29546892
A friend of mine works in a shipyard (Vigor in Washington), he says a lot of the problem with producing new commercial ships is that the repair yards can pay more and pull all the qualified workers in. Lockheed apparently tried buying a shipyard (Todd I think) around here, but they couldn't get enough qualified people so it got shelved.

According to him commercial shipbuilding will only return if there is a big spike in availability of labor, either from a state/locally funded training program or a downturn in trade causing layoffs in repair yards.

I don't work in the industry myself, but this seems like a fairly reasonable explanation. A return of shipbuilding would be a great thing for the economy here, it would drive steel, transportation, large envelope casting, forging, and machining, and all sorts of related businesses.
>>
File: kiss shh.gif (1 MB, 317x259) Image search: [Google]
kiss shh.gif
1 MB, 317x259
>>29546344
>You could say the same about American military history.
No... you really can't. Wow, if you wanted to prove that you didn't know what the fuck you were talking about I guess this is the way to do it.

Most wars the US fought ended in US victory, but the key thing to remember is the US specifically didn't fight in many wars. At least compared to European powers, a lot of our military conflicts have been concentrated in the US itself (numerous wars against Native Americans) or in South America. Some stuff in Asia too. Beyond that though? WELL LET'S TALLY IT UP:

French and Indian War - WIN (though not a country yet)
Revolution - WIN
"Quasi War" - WIN
1st Barbary War - WIN
War of 1812 - STALEMATE
Creek War - WIN
2nd Barbary War - WIN
First Seminole War - WIN
Texas Indian War - WIN
Second Seminole War - WIN
Mexican-American War - WIN
Apache War - WIN
All the "Indian Wars" are wins, including the Third Seminole War
Second Opium War - WIN
Utah War - Stalemate????? Ended peacefully
Civil War - WIN (unless you're the south lol)
Also a bunch of wins in Asia, fucking WIN WIN WIN in regards to Japan, Vietnam, and Korea
Spanish-American War - WIN
Philippine-American War - WIN
Also the rebellion afterward - WIN
World War I - WIN
Also some help to the White Russians - LOSE
World War II - WIN
Korean War - STALEMATE
Bay of Pigs Invasion (technically counts) - LOSE
Simba Rebellion - WIN
Dominican Civil War - WIN
Vietnam War - DEFEAT (though basically undefeated military-wise)
Thai Communist Insurgency - WIN
Lebanese Civil War - WIN
Invasion of Grenada - WIN
"Tanker War" - WIN
Invasion of Panama - WIN
Gulf War - WIN
Haiti Intervention - WIN
Bosnian War - WIN
Kosovo War - WIN
War in Afghanistan - WIN
War in Iraq - WIN (though the aftermath is debatable)
Libyan Civil War - WIN (again, debatable aftermath)

You were fucking saying?
>>
>>29553979
>War in Afghanistan
>War in Iraq
>Wins
Haha holy shit you're so far gone I won't even bother
>>
>>29553979
>(though basically undefeated military-wise)

When will this fucking myth ever die?
>>
File: vargsmile.gif (658 KB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
vargsmile.gif
658 KB, 200x160
>>29554020
>>Haha holy shit you're so far gone I won't even bother
>ignoring the "well it's debatable"
>ignoring the 32 other victories
>"this far gone" meme response, confirmed vatnik

I left out a bunch of shit too, and I even threw in the Bay of Pigs CIA boogaloo to give you one extra loss to masturbate over.

>>29554060
>this fucking myth!!!

Prove it otherwise. Every way you look at it, kill/death ratio, number of battles lost versus won, even if you ignore the severe political restrictions put on US forces there isn't any way you can honestly say that the US somehow was not at LEAST holding it's own in a military capacity.

Prove me wrong or shut the fuck up. I gave you a big fucking list of US military engagements going back to the 1750's, even before the country was a country, and a handful of them aren't anything but a victory. I've even skewed the list by including the Utah War which is by all accounts was just a Mormon rebellion.

Prove. Me. Wrong. Prove me fucking wrong asshole, I double dicks in the ass dare you.

Pic related, it's me reading both of your assmad posts after I shut you the fuck down.
>>
File: Opinion discarded.jpg (120 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Opinion discarded.jpg
120 KB, 800x800
>>29554109
>Prove it otherwise

The US military failed to achieve its strategic aims. The vietnamese succeeded in ahcieving theirs. QED. Kill counts and won battles are wholly irrelevant when they do nothing to change the overall strategic outcome. Killing enemy assets and winning battles are means to an end and ultimately meaningless if they fail to meet that end.

So consider yourself proven wrong, dipshit.

>I shut you the fuck down

Pic related, it's my reaction to reading your butt-devastated shitpost after tearing apart your utterly uncreative and oh so typical mindless repetition of old and entirely worthless excuses for failure.
>>
>>29551789
this video is pretty interesting.
>>
File: 1454328507895.gif (3 MB, 281x295) Image search: [Google]
1454328507895.gif
3 MB, 281x295
>>29554217
>asked to prove
>The US military failed to achieve its strategic aims.
And fucking right away you bring up political shit. Nobody here, nobody anywhere, is going to say "yes, the United States of America won the Vietnam War." No. That's not what fucking happened. My statement verbatim, "undefeated military-wise," is what triggered your autism so,
>>29554217
>Kill counts and won battles are wholly irrelevant when they do nothing to change the overall strategic outcome. Killing enemy assets and winning battles are means to an end and ultimately meaningless if they fail to meet that end.
All that shit? That's you seeing my point, seeing what I said and acknowledging it, and then worming your way around it.

Let's look at the actual strategic situation:
- Essentially unlimited supply
- Endless stream of fighting men
- Better equipment that can be replaced quickly and easily
- Larger force
- Ability to bomb the everloving piss out of the north

So let's say there was no foreign policy restraints. Let's say Operation Rolling Thunder could have been done earlier and had no target restrictions. You fucking prove to me that the US military would have somehow lost.

>Pic related, it's my reaction to reading your butt-devastated shitpost
Pic related, it's me reading your post, I feel bad for whoever taught you to read because they probably tried really hard. You didn't tear apart a fucking thing, right out of the gate you completely fucked up.

Great job.
>>
File: Captu.jpg (61 KB, 313x811) Image search: [Google]
Captu.jpg
61 KB, 313x811
>>29554109
>Ability to bomb the everloving piss out of the north
lmao, because that worked so well
>>
>>29553979
Lebanese Civil War should be stalemate.

War In Afghanistan should be Undecided/Unknown.

War in Iraq should be Stalemate.

Otherwise fine list.
>>
>>29554396
>>lmao, because that worked so well
>ignoring "target restrictions"
>ignoring "foreign policy restraints"

These are important when discussing the Vietnam War and most especially when discussing air operations against the North.

That same Wikipedia page that you did a hasty screen-cap of? Read the part about how the heavily-restrained bombings in the beginning allowed the North to move all their strategic assets elsewhere.

>>29554435
Well I put the Lebanese Civil War as a win because as far as the US concerns went it was a win and the Lebanese military pretty much rebuilt the country without so much of the sectarian bullshit. Yeah there's still some Sunni/Shia animosity but even with ISIS next door it's essentially a non-issue. Lebanon's actually a nice place to visit if you're into history, by the way, the people there don't really consider themselves Arab and it's easy to see why.

War in Afghanistan I'm calling a win because it stabilized and the current fighting is peripheral bullshit from ISIS. War in Iraq same thing, but Iraq's situation contributed to ISIS rising as an entity so I conceded that the aftermath is debatable.
>>
>>29554475
Militarily, we absolutely crushed Iraq and Afghanistans official governments. However, having no consistent official goal besides wasting money and generating promotions makes it difficult to declare victory.
>>
>>29554475
>Waaaaaahhhh we weren't allowed to indiscriminately bomb and kill even more innocent civillians
This is literally what you are saying. Top fucking kek, fuck off back to WW2 with your doctrine
>>
>>29554535
To be fair, Afghanistan had always been a nigh ungovernable shithole.
>>
>>29554396
>Only reference Rolling Thunder and not Linebacker and Linebacker II.

Nice cherrypicking there, bro.
>>
>>29554535
>However, having no consistent official goal besides wasting money and generating promotions
I kek'd, but besides how right you are we did try to rebuild the countries. Afghanistan didn't turn out so bad and Iraq is kinda still there. I mean it isn't all bad.

>>29554587
>indiscriminately bomb and kill even more innocent civillians
>This is literally what you are saying.
What part of "move all their strategic assets elsewhere" don't you understand? There wasn't going to be indiscriminate bombing.

God damn it you are actually retarded.
>>
>>29549699
is that even possible?
>>
>>29553589
More like 12 of 32, but your point still stands
>>
>>29550902
>Don't signal me or my shoop ever again
>>
>>29545529
How many Battleships did the slavs have post 1915?
>>
>>29543104
>LCS taking a direct hit by Type 93 torpedo off to port with a dummy warhead.
>>
>>29544845

Murmansk convoys were.

You should really look into it. Above the Arctic Circle and shit.
>>
>>29553979
>All the "Indian Wars" are wins, including the Third Seminole War
not actually true, the USA lost Red clouds war
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cloud%27s_War, it didnt matter in the long run because the USA had no honor and broke every treaty it ever signed with the native americans but the sioux won that war, and while the Nez Perces war was technically a victory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nez_Perce_War) it was hardly a edifying performance on the part of the US military
>>
>>29555761

> Indians still exist
> Indian Wars were lost, anon
>>
>>29555787
>>29555787
eventually and by weight of numbers and superior technology.

but on multiple occasions and on some entire campaigns the US was militarily defeated by a numerically and technologically inferior enemy
>>
>>29555569
>unarmored ship getting hit with a 3 ton torpedo with modern engines (probably 80kn)

Burke would get fucked too.
>>
>>29555569
My scenario stands!
>>
>>29553979
>Kosovo war
>Win

you're shit
>>
>>29546324
>Not using USSRball for the Soviet period.

A little disappointing.
>>
>>29544639
jesus calm the fuck down mate he was clearly jokeing
>>
>>29546301

Glenn Marine also supplies hookers and blow to the US admirals who make sure the USN buys their shitty overpriced services.
>>
>>29546744

If you figure Congress has allowed most of the USAF and USN budget to simply be a convoluted cash delivery system to Lockheed Martin, it makes more sense. The end state is LockMart hiring more retired officers, buying off more Congresspeople, and making more money. Any coincidence with actual effective national defense is accidental.
>>
File: russia's wars 1500-2010.gif (45 KB, 913x940) Image search: [Google]
russia's wars 1500-2010.gif
45 KB, 913x940
>>29546324
Try harder.
>>
>>29547658
>actually
You have several shutdown alarms on commercial ships with various delays depending on the alarm. but there is no magic button behind a glass panel to override a shutdown alarm. just a button next to the alarm to acknowledge it. The ultimate override is to go engine side and take local control and answer bells for there, that is assuming you have lost the ability to do that from the control room. you are not an engineer of any sort. quit lying.
>>
I want to like the LCS, I really do.

But it just keeps fucking up.
>>
File: ep 01 Let's fire a torpedo.webm (3 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
ep 01 Let's fire a torpedo.webm
3 MB, 500x280
>>
>>29559184
That has got to be one of the top 10 dumbest shit i have ever seen.

Hell, its cringy as fuck too
>>
>>29555561
>>
>>29559184
>GuP with boats and a more generic art style

The Anime industry is truly creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>29559184

Downloading now
>>
>>29559184
I watched that for ten seconds and I already want the creators to die
>>
>>29559733
The script writer also did the script for GuP
http://myanimelist.net/people/2076/Yoshida_Reiko
>>
>>29555569
>dummy warhead

You didn't actually watch it.
>>
>>29556415
humiliated serb detected
>>
File: 1432347858324.jpg (100 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1432347858324.jpg
100 KB, 550x550
>>29553979
>'Murican education at its finest.
>>
File: takeonmeguy.jpg (16 KB, 281x211) Image search: [Google]
takeonmeguy.jpg
16 KB, 281x211
>>29561977
>assmad non-American detected

Proooooove meeeeeeeee wroooooooong. Prove me wrong, wrong! Proooooove meeeeeee wroooooooong!

Prove me, WROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG.
>>
>>29558065

Main engine has its own panel independent of the general alarm system (we call it ICS). This panel has an override shut-down, as well as a slave panel on the bridge.

I'm not actually sure what your trying to say, though, your phrasing is quite bad.
>>
>>29562104
*you're

Fucking phone. Also I meant that the alarm system is called ICS
>>
>>29560444
I just did and it was a training torpedo.
>>
>>29543214
>Singapore
>State
>>
>>29562436
If you had watched it, you would have noticed the reaction to a 'training' torpedo exploding.
>>
>>29557773
>Finland

wat
>>
>>29543962
>is every navy that did blue-on-blue now incompetent?
That is the definition of incompetence,yes.
Shooting your own guys is not competent
>>
>>29544845
>not a logistical feat.
Ok
>>
>>29564079
...many of the "training" torpedoes have a small charge in them.
Plus, LCSs have the armor of a paper plate, so no shit it would do some damage.
>>
File: 101954779-177999785-1.1910x1000.jpg (289 KB, 1910x1000) Image search: [Google]
101954779-177999785-1.1910x1000.jpg
289 KB, 1910x1000
>>29543214

>Singapore is a state of cucks that lets their sea be destroyed like that?
Singaporean waters have been mostly destroyed for decades.

It's not exactly the best place in the world to go to the beach. Trust somebody who has plenty of times.
>>
>>29553589
a fucking LCS is not designed to run on the ragged edge of it's fucking design envelope... the SR71 was designed to do something that even today is really freaking hard. it's expected to have a much higher failure rate with them because your doing something completely new. whatever style drive they put in the LCS has been built using almost a century of accumulated knowledge about how to push boats through fucking water. granted shit happens, but in this case it's because of user error most likely and not because of a design issue.
>>
>>29555805
we seem to be winning the slow war of getting their adults to drink themselves to death while taking their children to be raised in ignorance of their fading cultural heritage.

give it another couple of decades.
>>
>>29546891
>>Izumo-class
>28 aircraft
>>2 Independence LCS
>4 aircraft

Freedom-class frigate
Displacement: 3,500 tons
Length: 378ft (115m)
Crew: 50-65

Izumo-class aircraft carrier
Displacement: 27,000 tons
Length: 814 ft (248m)
Crew: 970
>>
>>29564302
Winter War.

Pyrrhic victory is still a victory.
>>
File: North Vietnam.jpg (139 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
North Vietnam.jpg
139 KB, 640x624
>>29554020

Vietnam was a fucking banana war, are you implying the U.S. couldn't have won if we had slipped the lease off the military?
>>
>>29565798

That was supposed to be in reply to >>29554060
>>
>>29565798

MY TEAMMATES WERE NOUBS

ARE U IMPLYING I WOULDNT WIN IN A 1V1?
>>
File: tsundere intensifies.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tsundere intensifies.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>29565721
>Izumo-class aircraft carrier
I-It's a h-helicopter destroyer...b-baka
>>
>>29553979

>Civil War: Win
>We fought ourselves and won

That's my only problem with the list.
>>
>>29546804
>like a genuine human error forgetting to turn on oil pump, open some valve or refill the system etc.
>literally not automating vital fucking systems
>"a common error"

if your fucking ship can be lost to something as simple as someone forgetting to turn a valve, its a fucking shit ship. its a death star with an exhaust port. "hey guys, dont send a saboteur to simply super glue a single valve, thats not fair!"
>>
>>29553979
>Invasion of Grenada - WIN

USA USA USA
>>
>>29565869
>hah, he got one wrong. that means the other 39 instances dont count!

woah, bro, thats not a proper sentence there. guess all your infos faulty
>>
>>29565891
The US won in Grenada, it would have taken an active effort to fail. Grenada was the definition of an non-war and winning it was nothing to celebrate.

Giving it the same weight as Korea, Vietnam, Gulf One or Iraq is stupid.
>>
>>29547658

>Interesting that a USN vessel doesn't have that. Or maybe they do, but it failed? Or someone overrode it?

My guess something like propulsion would only have alarms only and no shutdown interlocks. You don't want a faulty sensor to stop you from moving in the middle of battle. Someone got lazy and didn't check the oil level when it did go off, or did and didn't do routine monitoring until they could repair the sensor.

Judging by my own experience. Relying on people for anything is always a gamble, but sometimes you have to role the dice.
>>
>>29565851
No, there was an issue with the lubrication system. Instead of shutting down, the CO said fuck it and kept going.
>>
>>29566134
Why are you guessing?

I posted sources above, bloomberg is way late.

There was an issue with the lubrication system. The CO ignored it, and kept going. The CO is now canned.
>>
>>29566171

>Why are you guessing?

Sorry, I should say as someone who specifies power train equipment and all of the appropriate interlocks for a living in multi-billion dollar petrochemical facilities, this would be the way I would design such as system given it it would more important to have a ship maneuverable in a wartime situation versus than saving money by prioritizing long term reliability when a well trained crew with administrative controls should be the next best option.

You are right that the CO should be canned, but the question was why there wasn't a shutdown interlock, and I answered it.
>>
>>29543104
I love the idea hear, low draft patrol ships on the cheap, filling out presence and keeping numbers high on paper for dumb congressmen, but the actual LCSes seem to be fragile as hell.
>>
>>29566284
Fair enough, you were speaking generally.

The CO did get fired though. Hes already gone and off the ship
>>
File: fuck.jpg (5 KB, 215x121) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
5 KB, 215x121
>>29565983
well shit dont i look stupid
>>
>>29553979

Most of the countries in yhis list is piss poor 3rd world ones that everyone could defeat. Not really any achivement at all, but hey, whatever makes your list looks fancy.

Also, how could a nation win a civil war, and Korea isnt a victory yet, as the war is still going on. But you will win that one eventually I guess.
>>
>>29565789

Continuation war actually
>>
>>29566134
>My guess something like propulsion would only have alarms only and no shutdown interlocks. You don't want a faulty sensor to stop you from moving in the middle of battle.

Ah yes, makes sense.
>>
>>29547167
>expecting quality from moeshit
I never understand why /k/ watches cute girl animes and then comes back to complain about technical accuracy or the lack of anything resembling decency
What did you honestly expect?
>>
>>29567825
I expect the faggots spewing this shit on /k/ to leave forever.
>>
>>29567834
Why not go to OPchan if you're so bootyburned about it? it was made for your kind after all
>>
>>29562045
You have to be mentally ill to think that America won in Iraq and Afghanistan. They didn't lose as such, but they didn't win either. You honestly have to be the most narrow minded blinded by patriotism brainwashed monkey to think you won in either of those places. And I like America, I am not anti-American, I am just being rational. Time for you to wake up.
>>
>>29567849
Why dont we let call of duty threads on /k/ while we are at it?
>>
>>29567923
Because anime's hardly a new thing to /k/. we're on 4chan, remember?
how about going somewhere where you're with like-minded people instead of antagonizing and whining about how a preexisting community doesn't fit your specific standards.
>>
>>29567961
>Because anime's hardly a new thing to /k/.

Absolute newfag spotted.
>>
>>29554475
>War in Afghanistan I'm calling a win because it stabilized and the current fighting is peripheral bullshit from ISIS.

Hahahhah what the fuck? The current fighting is the same as it was before. The taliban went quiet because they knew ISAF was leaving and they could gather strength and wreck the ANA as soon as the time was right. Which they are now doing. The ISIS shit means practically nothing to them.
>>
>>29559184
Fucking degenerate weebs. Who can actually watch this shit past the age of 10? Hell even at that age I would of struggled to watch this.
>>
>>29567914
>invade country
>destroy it's military
>create a puppet government
>country becomes a complete shithole
>suddenly fanatic muslims start to rebel
>civil war breaks out
>draws muslim fanatics from all over the world to one place where they die in thousands

You are retarded if you think this entire middle east shitstorm is not beneficial for USA.

How many westerners were killed by ISIS?

How many thousands of muslims were killed in the same time? How many terrorists died?
>>
>>29568038
considering the operatorchan was founded back in 08 mostly to get away from anime I'd say it's been a part of /k/ for a while
>>
>>29568069
Ok, you are a good barometer for as to why Donald Trump is gaining so much traction right now. You are fundamentally depressing, mediocre, and unimaginative. Really, you need to wake up, else near the end of your life you will look back and reflect, "Just what the fuck was I thinking? What did I do with my life?"
>>
>>29568089

Amazing counter argument dude.

If you think any government really cares about human rights you are beyond hope.
>>
>>29568096
It never ceases to amaze me, that on a platform like 4chan which despite its many faults, epitomizes free speech, that so many people have got a giant hard on for something resembling fascism/totalitarianism/the eradication of freedom of thought and compassion.
>>
>>29568069
You realize muslim fanatics are generated by the shitstorm?
>>
>>29568108
/pol/tard mentality permeates all over boards rooted in politics. These people complain about leftist echo chambers, but these boards they go to are used for circlejerking in the opposite end of the political spectrum.

Different banner, same shit. Might as well eradicate humanity entirely.
>>
>>29568085
>in 08 mostly to get away from anime

No.

Sev (may that faggot die of aids) created opchan as a circlejerk for his tripfags. It was less about anime, more about being able to ban noguns and the malcontents
>>
>>29543104
What's the general consensus on /k/as to whether the LCS is a program that is pushing the technology envelope and so is bound to have teething problems or more a botched procurement process resulting in it being something close to an inherently flawed flop?
>>
File: 1449606816089.jpg (78 KB, 1157x772) Image search: [Google]
1449606816089.jpg
78 KB, 1157x772
>LCS is such fucking garbage it gets compared to PT boats on its Wikipedia page
>>
>>29568326
USS Freedom was launched 10 fucking years ago, has completed multiple patrols and still does not meet the navy's standards of survivability, mine detection and sub hunting. It's not cheap, it won't survive a big war and will be hilariously ineffective in a small one. It can kill pirates sure, but so can a frigate, so can a patrol boat, so can a guy on a tanker with an M2.
>>
>>29568481
>lead ship of a new class has issues
-anon

Print it.
>>
File: Hitler_trollface_close-up.jpg (9 KB, 165x163) Image search: [Google]
Hitler_trollface_close-up.jpg
9 KB, 165x163
>>29568618
Feel free to actually respond to the points any time champ
>>
>>29568682
Not the guy you are memeing but isn't this a thread about an LCS being stuck in port for a long time because someone forgot to change the oil?
>>
>>29568682
The only point you have made is your cherrypicking of systems whose development was not tied to LCS.
>>
>>29568754
>Price of the LCS
>Survivability of the LCS
>Reliability of the LCS
>Not tied to the LCS
Anon please, you're sounding just a little pathetic.
>>
>>29568802
Thank you for reaffirming your cherrypicking or outright false statements.
>>
>>29568108

How many more leaks of top secret documents do you need to realize that every government if full of cynical assholes than give no shit about human life?
>>
>>29568069
>draws muslim fanatics from all over the world to one place where they die in thousands

Paris and Brussels would like to thank you for that memo.
>>
>>29568859
They apparently missed the memo to not accept refugees.

It should be common sense but we clearly have to retard proof this shit.
>>
File: f125 frigate germany.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
f125 frigate germany.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1200
Why don't you just mail order some F125 BaWü-class frigates from us krauts over here? It even looks almost exactly the same, except it's not fucking broken all the time.
>>
>>29568866
How much money would America have missed out on if it hadn't accepted Steve Jobs' Syrian refugee dad into the country. Einstein also = refugee.
>>
>>29568886
Oh, well with that logic, your welcome!
>>
>>29568857
It doesn't mean that you have to buy into it; the world is in a state of constant flux, and human evolution is not over yet.
>>
>>29568866
What?

But I thought that this destabilized Middle East was drawing all the radicals to it. But if you're saying that it was the refugees, that contradicts what you just said.

Methinks, you're full of shit
>>
>>29568859

Less than 200 dead. 3000 people die in car accidents in France every year.

How many thousands of muslims were killed in Iraq and Syria?
>>
>>29568898

20 000 people die every DAY due to poverty. Billions live below poverty line.

But when 100 people die in Europe it's a grand tragedy.

Stop acting like this world is fair in any way. And it's not getting better. It's getting worse.
>>
>>29568906
I mean only 2400 people were killed at Pearl Harbor.

The US had a population of 131 million, so it didn't matter.
>>
>>29568902

Refugee crisis affects EU. Not USA.

And it's side effect is EU becoming more and more conservative and radical.
>>
>>29543674
As bad as that lot did, the made the Willie D Porter look competent. Their theme song may as well have been Yackity Sax.
>>
>>29568931
Why is that a good thing?

Why should be we rejoice about these deaths?
>>
>>29568922
In Ernst Junger's, `Storm of Steel. ` he talks about how during near the end of one battle some soldiers had surrendered and were swapping cigarettes with each other whilst only yards away some were still slaughtering each other. Metaphorically it is somewhat similar to what is happening right now on the planet.

It is easy to only see the darkness if that's all you want to see, and the internet really abets that. Simultaneously with the darkness there are a lot of very positive things happening and upward swings taking place.
>>
File: sides hurting.png (26 KB, 192x191) Image search: [Google]
sides hurting.png
26 KB, 192x191
>>29547167

>he expects anything resembling military sense, reason, or sanity from anime
>>
>>29569040
It didn't sink from a training torpedo. The whole thing looks like the instructor framed the destroyer while purposely sinking the LSC under her command.

I am ready to kek even harder if this was true.
>>
>>29569040

Show me those western movies that do naval combat right.

And that guy is retarded. Everything he listed in explained in the show.
>>
>>29543962
You are the absolute definition of a Vatnik, get out.
>>
File: F-35 production.jpg (146 KB, 1169x879) Image search: [Google]
F-35 production.jpg
146 KB, 1169x879
>>29547294
First part correct, second part incorrect. See pic.
>>
This thread makes it sound like a maintenance error is the worst event in naval history.
>>
>>29569586
Broadly speaking there might be 2 possible explanations:

#1: A balls up accountable to human error which any designer would have struggled to make a fail safe for.
#2: A fault which because of a design weakness made it all too easy to happen.

If it is heavily weighted to #2 then this is obviously not a good thing for the Navy and could potentially be exceptionally expensive to sort out. Also a bit embarrassing and crap, not in tune with American exceptionalism.
>>
File: very slav.jpg (169 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
very slav.jpg
169 KB, 1024x768
>>29543962

>shit happens, or is every navy that did blue-on-blue now incompetent?

They not only missed their intended targets (slow, unarmed fishing boats) in the dark, but missed their target tugs in the daylight, still hitting their own ships. Once might be an anomaly, and twice is a pattern. Becomes an even bigger pattern when you factor in everything else the Russians fucked up in that expedition. Malaria, insufficient coal supplies, and finally getting absolutely, lopsidedly wrecked by the Japanese does not paint a picture of competence.

>They wouldn't even be quaking in their boots with news of Japanese torpedo boats in the wrong side of the world had their not be a Britain to provide logistical support to such a force.

The Anglo-Japanese treaty clearly stipulated Britain would stay out of it unless another European power colluded with the Russians. Unless the Russians expected to sail right into the Home Fleet, there was no good reason for the Russians to be shooting at anything in the Atlantic. Much less a phantom force of Japanese torpedo ships that just suddenly happened to instantly cross three oceans and take up position off the British Coast.

2/10 RIDF pls go
>>
File: image.gif (931 KB, 250x197) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
931 KB, 250x197
>>29569090
>actually defending the realism and quality of a cartoon about a squad of little girls operating a wwii battleship
>>
File: 1460100205710.jpg (147 KB, 933x853) Image search: [Google]
1460100205710.jpg
147 KB, 933x853
>>29565869
>USA USA USA

Play stupid games win stupid prices. I even included the Quasi War which wasn't even a war. OH HO and I just forgot the "Tanker War" is up there too, which was the US Navy absolutely wrecking the everloving shit out of the Iranians for attacking US-flagged tankers.

>>29566781
>Most of the countries in yhis list is piss poor 3rd world ones that everyone could defeat.
But they didn't???

>>29566781
>Also, how could a nation win a civil war,
Does the Confederate States of America exist? No. USA won.

That isn't the dumbest thing you've said though.

>>29566781
>Korea isnt a victory yet
What part of "STALEMATE" do you not fucking understand lmao

>>29568046
>The current fighting is the same as it was before.
Does the Afghan government still exist? Yes. We accomplished our goals. The end.

>>29567914
>You honestly have to be the most narrow minded blinded by patriotism brainwashed monkey to think you won in either of those places.
Let's say you're somehow right and we follow your dumb fucking definition of things. Hell, let's go with all the disputed items on my list and say they don't count.

That still leaves way, way, way more wins versus losses. That whole list that's got so many Europeans trying desperately to be contrarian (yourself included) was in response to this:

>>29546344
>You could say the same about American military history.
>We like to be proud of our countries and feel the nationalism but truth be told most of us are dumb and do dumb things and there are only a handful of nations that can truly be proud of their military history.

As for your statements about Iraq and Afghanistan?

Same situation as the post above, the Iraqi government's stable too and we absolutely accomplished everything we set out to do. Even with conceding that things fell apart afterward a little bit, they're still there! What, so do countries just not count because they get in fights afterward? By that logic the USA is still a British colony you retards.
>>
>>29543855
Bro, the cheng wasn't even on board. so many people are fired for this.
>>
This is probably the biggest Navy fuckup since the time they tried building a smart-ship around Windows NT 4 back in the 90s and it BSoD'd on the water. It also had to be towed back to port and the whole project was scrapped.
>>
File: Perrine_PIAT.webm (889 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Perrine_PIAT.webm
889 KB, 720x405
>>29571278

Chinese cartoons often do WW2 stuff much better than Hollywood.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.