[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Backup handgun- which to pick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: handguns.jpg (107 KB, 850x748) Image search: [Google]
handguns.jpg
107 KB, 850x748
I have been considering getting a handgun, alongside the vz 58 V I sometimes carry. My criteria would probably be, in this order: Reliability, Accuracy, Range, Power, Price, Capacity. Is a revolver or a pistol better for this role? I heard simple blowback pistols were more accurate and reliable than recoil-operated ones, is that true? It would be ideal if it could be accurate in ranges around 50 m, but that might be asking too much. I would probably prefer a cheap surplus gun, preferably (but not exclusively) from the selection of guns that are sold in central europe.
>>
>>29538217

Where are you, exactly? You should be able to get a used G19/G17 for decent money around here. Barring that, a Russian or Bulgarian Mak would also fit your criteria nicely, although the prices of 9x18 aren't so hot anymore and the heel release and capacity suck. Torso shots at 50 are a breeze with both. I'm not going to recommend a Tok because the ammo is drying up and you'd be soon stuck with insanely overpriced new production, and the Toks we've been getting recently haven't been all that great.
>>
>>29538322
Right where you are, haha. If Makarov is a good option, how does it compete with CZ 82?
>>
>>29538350

You can't get a hold of a good 82 anymore, you're roughly 10 years late to the game for that. They're kind of overengineered anyway, while the Mak is probably the simplest handgun you can find.
But honestly, just get a used Glock, there are people selling these on forums all the time for around 8000 CZK, which is only a little bit more than you'd pay for a Mak these days.
Or better yet, put up a WTB auction and mention how much you're willing to spend.
>>
>>29538217
Whoever can name all these correctly, will recieve 50 USD on PayPal.
>>
>>29538405
I just saw an 82 in a store here. Can't tell if it's good of course, and they only had one. But there seems to be a lot of bulgarian surplus maks lately. I guess it's all gonna boil down to how much cash I have left by may.

How do you know so much about the firearms market, anyway? I recall you making a comment about the state of surplus Vz 58s a while back. Impressive.
>>
>>29538585

The rule of thumb is: if it's in the store at this point, it's shit. I've been looking for SVDs a couple of years ago and the only ones available were complete garbage, I ended up having to go through all the hassle of buying one in Slovakia.

>How do you know so much about the firearms market, anyway?

It's not too hard to keep up, we're a small country with an even smaller market.
>>
>>29538643
Ah. I'll have to admit I don't really know how to quality check, I just look for worn down pieces of the mechanism and the chamber whenever buying something
>>
>>29538680

Seriously, just go to strelectvi.cz and put up an auction for a used G19.
The prices of 9x19 are historically the shittiest right now (you aren't going to get decent ammo for less than 4.5 CZK at this point), but it's still the cheapest pistol ammo you can get, and at the same time better than 9x18, 9x17, .38 Spl, .32 or 7.62x25 which are pretty much your only alternatives around here unless you're willing to spend exorbitant amounts of money.

Also do yourself a favor, go to Pardubice and buy all the S&B 9x19 you can afford for 4.5 CZK, while it still lasts, because I can guarantee you it's going to get worse. Or just shoot him a mail, he'll ship it to your local gunshop free of charge.
http://www.zbraneklapka.cz/strelivo/pistolove-strelivo/?detail=628
>>
>>29538790
Ah, that's probably the best bet then. Thanks!
>>
File: mak left.jpg (857 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
mak left.jpg
857 KB, 3264x2448
>>29538322
>heel release
HAHA FUCK YOUR 20TH CENTURY TECH
>>
File: 35.jpg (334 KB, 1299x900) Image search: [Google]
35.jpg
334 KB, 1299x900
>>29539513

At that point you might as well go for an actually relevant handgun.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.