[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WANT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: PL-14.jpg (68 KB, 600x379) Image search: [Google]
PL-14.jpg
68 KB, 600x379
WANT
>>
DON'T NEED
>>
BUT I FUCKEN WANT
>>
File: Steyr_L9A1_RHV.jpg (114 KB, 600x555) Image search: [Google]
Steyr_L9A1_RHV.jpg
114 KB, 600x555
Related:

Would I be a retard for purchasing a Steyr L9?
>>
File: absolutely_halal.jpg (322 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_halal.jpg
322 KB, 531x471
>>29535750
So is this the not-ugly cousin of the Strike One?

>wood grips
>>
>>29535784
Hell no. Steyrs are great guns.
>>
>>29535784
You would do well to get one. I shot a friends, and enjoyed it. Sights are a little weird to get used to.
>>
>>29535832
Did you shoot 9mm, .40 or .357 meme?
>>
>>29535832
why you shoot a friends nigga
>>
Not that interesting desu. The Russians have distinguished themselves for coming up with quite eclectic gun designs, like the APS underwater rifle or the PSS silent pistol. By comparison, a mid-cap alloy-frame 9mm based on the BHP action really isn't that impressive.
>>
>>29535878
Well yes, but it looks like it comes from the future. The sexy future.
>>
>>29535784
They sold guns illegally to Iran that were used to kill US soldiers. Fuck Steyr.
>>
>>29535922
Source?
>>
>>29535922
I get what you're saying, but man, if a person lived like that they wouldn't be buying all kinds of shit based on past wars. I mean fuck we're in a thread talking about wanting a gun developed by the Red Menace.
>>
>>29535922
And the US sold guns to Mexican Cartels that were used to kill Americans. When are you moving?
>>
>>29535922
And HK sells to fucking everyone. What's your point?
>>
>>29535784
>Would I be a retard for purchasing a Steyr L9?

Needs to be a recent A1. Then you're fine.
>>
>>29535948
Past wars? No. The Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany don't exist anymore. Steyr is directly responsible for the deaths of US soldiers in the ongoing war on terror.

>>29535930
Is your google broken? You can literally put my statement into a search engine and get hits.
>>
>>29535922
Everyone sells everything to everyone that's used to kill everyone. Why do you think that there is always at least one war going? It's profitable.
>>
>>29535970
>Third parties buying guns is the same as Steyr selling guns directly to Iran, despite objections from friendly countries and Iran's ownership of global terrorism.

When are you moving? I don't want to share oxygen with such a dipshit.
>>
>>29535985
Hold up dude, the Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany didn't make shit. Mitsubishi did, Toyota did, Mauser did, Luger did, etc. etc. And that's just the obvious ones.
>>
>>29535985
>Is your google broken? You can literally put my statement into a search engine and get hits.

A bunch of hits of people posting about it on forums, but not one concrete non-regurgitated original source.
>>
>>29535922
>Gets asshurt that an Austrian company sells to people he doesn't like
>But ostensibly doesn't care that his own government has sold guns that have gone on to kill Americans
Lol. You know the guns used to wreck shit at Benghazi were sold to them by the US embassy staff they were eventually used on?
>>
>>29535984
Explain.
>>
>>29536004
>"Third parties buying guns"
>Operation fast and furious
>Calls others dipshits
Hmm.
>>
>>29536014
Complete bullshit and you know it.
>>
>>29536035
>Beretta directly sold to Mexican cartels.
topkeks.jpg

Steyr did sell HS .50s to a known supporter of terrorism, directly, and they were used against US forces. Period.
>>
>>29536041
Then link it, motherfucker.
>>
>>29536020
The Pre A-1's have reliability issues. The A-1's are good.
>>
>>29536020
Previous gen Steyrs had some problems. They got it all worked out in the new gen.

But I think the L series is new anyway, but I may be wrong.
>>
>>29536061
Fuck off and read the Google links. :) No one is buying your bullshit. Steyr HS 50 + Iran + US forces + Iraq
>>
>>29536056
>a known supporter of terrorism
US govt? But really who gives a shit (aside from you), it was all above board.
>>
>>29536073
I think it's the newest of the series. Looking around I am seeing stuff about extractor problems, but also word that Steyr US will fix guns that have it.
>>
>>29536076
>>29536078
>>29536061
>>29536056
Hey guys could you take it somewhere else? This thread is for slavshit we'll never own and possibly a different pistol that sort of looks like said slavshit.
>>
>>29536061
Theres a telegraph article. It mentions it being a legal transaction and doesn't say anything of US casualties to these weapons, only that US troops had recovered some of them. Its basically nothing.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1542559/Iraqi-insurgents-using-Austrian-rifles-from-Iran.html
>>
File: Untitled - 1.jpg (167 KB, 550x513) Image search: [Google]
Untitled - 1.jpg
167 KB, 550x513
>>29536076
>>
File: wow__it__s_fucking_nothing.jpg (28 KB, 245x252) Image search: [Google]
wow__it__s_fucking_nothing.jpg
28 KB, 245x252
>>29536056
You realize that Iran has domestic manufacturing capacity, right? It'd be virtually trivial for them to make some bolt action 50 cals on their own anyway
The worst thing that Steyr might have done is in allowing their shit to be sold to Iran, they gave the Iranians something worth copying - although again, there's plenty of other .50 bolt actions out there to copy, nevermind how relatively simple it would be to design your own.

They're kind of dicks for doing it, but it's absolutely negligible in terms of consequence.
>>
>>29535972
Everyone except Americans :(
>>
>>29536125
>It'd be virtually trivial for them to make some bolt action 50 cals on their own anyway
They actually do make a bunch of them, its been one of their most prominent contributions to the war in Syria.
>>
>>29536125
If it's nothing why are Steyr shills so buttmad about it?
>>
>>29536144
?
The only one getting upset is the dude who was assmad about Steyr to start with. He made a big deal of a routine arms sale and it turned out to be fuckall worth discussing. Whats to be mad about?
>>
>>29536144
Speaking for myself, I'm not butthurt. I just don't believe regurgitated bullshit...which is what this is until a source is provided.
>>
>>29535839
This, does the .40 beat up your hands?
>>
Doesn't the US allow weapon sales to Saudi Arabia who also funds terrorism?
>>
File: spurdoklingon.png (2 MB, 680x767) Image search: [Google]
spurdoklingon.png
2 MB, 680x767
>>29535750
>buying an SKS
>want this
Am I becoming a Slavaboo?
>>
>>29535922
>ultimate goy
>>
>>29535922
>colt sold guns to the nigger that killed my wife's son, fuck colt

literally libtard logic here
>>
>>29536443
>/pol/
What does not being a Jew have to do with anything? Are you trying to call me a Jew because that's not what goy means?

Anyway. Buying Steyr= supporting terrorism. No different than buying MKE or Canik Turkshit.
>>
>>29536620
Goy is used as a synonym for gentile, but its literal translation is something to the effect of "cattle". Hes calling you a useful idiot, on account of your dogmatic stance on a gun company selling guns to people you don't like while apparently disregarding other companies and even the US government doing the exact same thing.
>>
>>29536679
Ah cool. None of the companies that have been brought up are US owned so it's a non issue to me and are basically strawmans.

If the US buys something from a private company like Colt and then lend-leases them to commies it isn't Colt's fault. It's a clear distinction that anyone should be able to make.

Steyr directly sold to the government of Iran.
>>
>>29536774
I still don't see why that's an issue. They're a private company and it was a legal trade with Iran, even by the standards of the UN arms embargoes.
>>
>>29535858
>why you shoot a friends
It was Ross. Nobody cares about Ross.
>>
>>29535784
I'll level with you, not really a fan. Nothing wrong with it though.

>>29535922
>>29535985
>>29536041
>>29536076
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

I wish people would have paid attention in school, or has public education gone that far down the shitter?
>>
>>29535922
Iran manufactures a clone of the HS50, and Steyr was completing an order that predated the invasion of iraq
>>
>>29536125
Iran has produced the Sayyad HS50 clone for a number of years now
>>
>>29535821
Sure, but with that logic then it's also the far cousin of block since glock >steyr>caracal>S1>that thing. Since it doesn't have to be related
>>
>>29535985
>Past wars? No. The Empire of Japan and Nazi Germany don't exist anymore. Steyr is directly responsible for the deaths of US soldiers in the ongoing war on terror.

Who fucking cares?
>>
>>29535985
Wait...wait...so you're telling me that the gun is responsible for the deaths of US soldiers? That somehow Steyr makes their guns to lock on US soldiers or some weird shit. I bet the Iranians wouldn't have guns if it weren't for Steyr. Yeah that sounds about right, oh wait it doesn't, who cares. I remember being in the watch community and some guy got mad that someone bought a WW2 Stowa German watch and her rambled on how the watch was showing support of "nazism." You sound like that guy let people buy what they want to.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.