[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/ i am new here. need your opinions and help. Not sorry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: crossbowthatcouldhavewonthewest.jpg (103 KB, 1003x705) Image search: [Google]
crossbowthatcouldhavewonthewest.jpg
103 KB, 1003x705
Hello /k/ i am new here. need your opinions and help. Not sorry for bad english
/diy/ doesnt like me or my ideas but i think someone who knows how guns work could appriciate this.
Chinese had chu ko nu, but it was weak and innacurate. Nobody in the medieval times was smart as i am now to think of this push/pumpaction/repeating/skyrimknockoff/chukonuknockoff krossbow.
its all mechanical and no gunpowder is to be used, no electronic machine, no petroleum powered, just your hands.
I shot guns before but coming form not usa i cant take a gun and break it appart to see how it works
I need your help in deciding the way of how the bolt goes from the magazine, into the side-cut barrel so it can be launched.
If any policeman are wondering, no i will not be a weapon, it will launch plastic bolts with cotton tips (it will have some lead deep in the bolt to keep balance during flight, cant put wings because it flies trought rifled barrel) and will have messages like I heart ATF, #nguns, bang...
So how about it /k/? What do you think of the concept of such crossbow?
Ask questions about picrelated because i dont have technical draw programs, just ms paint and filthy laser mouse
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 229x220) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 229x220
Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?
>>
>>29535151
if you dont have anything intresting to say or ask, fuck off.
I on the other hand will be back to this imageboard and ask the same question until most of you start thinking about it and finally help me get ideas and make the crossbow.
I dont care if it takes 3 years.
>>
>>29535196
I can tell you this much, you didn't even include at what point your lever arm is going to pivot- which still doesn't matter because your drawing shows you've A. never loaded a crossbow and B. never designed anything with a lever
>>
>>29535269
I didn't even read everything on the picture

You think you're going to have a rifled barrel?

You're either completely autistic or actually retarded
>>
>>29535269
But you do understand how it might work if designed properly?
The lever pulls the string into launch place + pulls the bolt from the magazine into its own launch place.
That is the concept im trying to think of.
>>
>>29535278
Why not?
>>
>>29535109
Hi antman
>>
>>29535269
The pivot if the lever and the size of the magazine must be calculated first, but all that useless if i dont have the reload system ready to be created.
The matematics come second, the idea is needed first.
I dont even know the materials that will be needed, springy steel? wood? Not important right now.
I need, like the system of how a pump action system loads bullets or shot shells into place, how does it catch the bullet and gets it out of the magazine?
The pull systme i drawn (badly) is the entire system that pulls the string and puts the bolt in the place.
Also what is wrong with having a rifled barrel trough which a bolt will go trough and spin while exiting?
>>
>>29535109
http://www.vintageprojects.com/archery/cross-bow-plans.html

http://www.vintageprojects.com/archery/cross-bow-leaf-spring.html
mix and match nigga
>>
>>29535412
Thank you for your contribution nigger, but i already saw those and already soaked up ideas what were useful for the ''Crossbow that could have won the west''
If you look at the drawings in oppic, the crossbow has many features of the repeating medieval crossbows already.
Search has brought me to where i need ideas for the reload part, ideas from the ones that know how an assault rifle works and what part of it works how and why
>>
I'll be back
>>
>>29535500
>Thank you for your contribution nigger
Best part of this thread
>>
File: lever.jpg (51 KB, 1003x705) Image search: [Google]
lever.jpg
51 KB, 1003x705
Im back
is it easier to understand now what the lever does?
>>
ill be back tomorrow aswell
with more information and shemes hopefully in better technicall draw program
>>
>>29536617
I don't know, man; does the lever need those little bumps on it?
Also, the top of the lever that actually draws the string will get in the way of the bolt.
>>
>>29536659
the bolt comes from below, the lever when looking from front is Y shaped, lower section of Y is the lower section of the lever, upper is 2 of Y that pull the string (if you ever played Skyrim dawnguard and remember the crossbow)
the bumps represent the Winchester patent, the ones where the fist pushes it.
>>
>>29536617
i forgot to mention the wheel above the pivot is a bearing that is fixed to slide up and down of the crossbow spine (there are 2 of them) because the line will be thin steel cable. The bow will be made from plates of tootles band saws, the springy steel is perfect for it.
>>
>>29535294
How is the bolt going to rotate if the bowstring is still touching it?
>>
>>29535109

Why the fuck does it have a rifled barrel? Why does it even have a barrel?
>>
>>29536817
oil
>>
>>29536617
Consider the draw weight of the bow.

You ever load a crossbow? It takes both hands, and all the muscles in your back to pull the string. It is absolutely not something you can do by just opening your hand like on a lever-action rifle.
>>
>>29536843
to rotate and be more accurate because there wont be a wing on it. or a bird feader like arrows or primitive bolts
>>
>>29536906
that is why i mentioned before, it is still the idea
Also, if you have larger length of any pivot, seasaw, doing the push, applying the force, it is easier for the shorter end of the pivot to move,
like moving logs with a long rod
>>
>>29536906
Or, make the bow weak, but the rifling substitues he weakness with precision
>>
>>29536898
oily barrel i mean, + the part of the string that touches it can even have a part attached to it that rotates with the bolt while it is spinning trough the barrel and exists spinning.
The cable/string never leaves the barrel
>>
>>29536617
The more you try to explain yourself the more you show how little you know about crossbows or mechanical engineering.

But keep posting nigger, I'm liking watching your gears spin.
>>
>>29536949
What is this bow for? What do you intend to shoot?

Paper targets? Wal-mart already beat you to it; there are pistol crossbows a child can load with one hand.

Small game? again, Wal-mart crossbow pistols would handle songbirds or varmints.

Bigger game? You aren't killing anything bigger than a fawn with a ~10lb draw-weight.

Also the weaker the bow is, the less your rifling will help. Long projectiles like crossbow bolts need to rotate very fast to be spin stabilized. How fast the bolt rotates is directly related to how strong the draw weight is.
>>
>>29535109
Make it a lever action, with the lever being long so you can exert more torque when you're reloading the crossbow.
>>
I don't think OP has considered all the implications and benefits of a modern Glider Infantry program.
There really are a lot of variable roles and benefits.
>>
>>29537005
here >>29536963
>>
>>29537076
It's only viable if we equip them with Gavins.
>>
>>29536993
i want a lever action crossbow that reloads with pushing the lever and has magazine full of bolts and you can reload it like one would an assault rifle
>>
>>29537127
Again, what do you plan to shoot?
>>
>>29537102
What, is there a missile system named after the aerospace designer, or just a bunch of dudes named Gavin?
>>
>>29537135
Probably his school.
>>
>>29537135
A fucking human
i dont know, just targets and stuff, make the crossbow cool and intresting and maybe sell it internationally as art
>>
>>29537145
Gavin is a colloquial name for the M113.
>>
>>29537166
Is this a toy, or do you actually want a crossbow to kill people? Because you aren't going to get a lethal draw weight from a lever.
>>
>>29537178
You learn something new every day... neat. Yeah duct tape some of them sonsabitches on them.
>>
>>29537198
how long does the lever have to be for the pivoting to draw the bow far enough to pierce meat?
in weight that is (pull force)?
>>
>>29537222
The problem you'll have is geometry. The longer the lever is, the less the bowstring end will move, because the person's hand is further from the pivot point.
>>
>>29535109
That is among the most retarded things I have ever seen
For a crossbow worth a shit you'll be wanting a windlass or goat's foot for spanning it
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.