[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any reason to stay away from Atlantic? They've got the PTR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: logo.png (53 KB, 1000x109) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
53 KB, 1000x109
Any reason to stay away from Atlantic? They've got the PTR I'm looking at but I didn't know if they were like Century; something to steer clear of.

Buds has the same rifle for a bit cheaper, but it doesn't have the paddle release.

It's the PTR91 KFM4R if you guys know of a better deal. I know the furniture is horrendous. I've already got a replacement stock and handguard waiting for it.
>>
bump, anyone have experience with Atlantic?
>>
>>29534210
They're fine
>>
Atlantic is a good company, but generally more expensive. That said, it seems they QC the stuff they sell and their ptr's are unique in that they have the paddle and rail.
>>
File: PTR91_range_4-27-2015_B.jpg (656 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
PTR91_range_4-27-2015_B.jpg
656 KB, 1024x768
>>29534210
>I didn't know if they were like Century
Atlantic is just a retailer; they don't do any manufacturing themselves.

I got my PTR-GI from Atlantic. Bought it on Monday, it shipped that afternoon, and I received it on Thursday.
>>
>>29534458
>they don't do any manufacturing themselves
Not true.
They have in house AK builds for sale all the time.
>They're very nice too.
>>
>>29534485
They contract all of those builds out. They'll find a bunch of kits, realize that some people want them as in stock pre built rifles, and get a builder to make a bunch of them.

Unfortunately they ruin a lot of kits doing stupid shit like polishing east German bolt carriers to make them more appealing to retards.
>>
>>29534448
All new production PTRs have the paddle now. If you don't want a rail, you need to order through PTR though.

The Atlantic exclusives do look pretty neat though.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>29534210
I bought a PTR from them, shipped quickly looks beautiful and shoots great so I'll probably get an AK from them
>>
>>29534210
atlantic is pretty good. wish they had more 74's
>>
>>29534210
Why the *fuck* would you buy a new 54R, let alone a PTR.
>>
>>29539407
Because PTR makes good rifffles faggggot.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.