[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swissfags assemble. Why are our 300m shooting ranges so fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (628 KB, 1680x1004) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
628 KB, 1680x1004
Swissfags assemble.

Why are our 300m shooting ranges so fucking retarded?

>can't shoot anything other than K31, K11/LG11, Stgw 90, Stgw 57
>Old K31/11 can't be shot with a bipod or any sort of support
>can't use scopes or other magnifying sights
>can't use other rifles chambered in similar calibers because "urr durr not Swiss Ordonnanz"

Is there any way to change this? Why can't we start a petition to change these laws?
>>
File: range visit fall 2015.jpg (791 KB, 1560x1042) Image search: [Google]
range visit fall 2015.jpg
791 KB, 1560x1042
>>29533607
not a Swissfag, but I feel your pain. That shit's fucking stupid.

We got tons of small ranges in the middle of woods here in Winland, and nobody cares what you shoot in them.
>>
>>29533612
The funny shit is that associations keep crying that they are losing members while the gun ownership rates have gone up, since lots of people buy AKs and ARs to have fun but can't use them at those ranges.
>>
>>29533607
is this for some competition or just shooting in general?
>>
File: range_2015.jpg (609 KB, 1102x1469) Image search: [Google]
range_2015.jpg
609 KB, 1102x1469
>>29533616
Sounds to me, that crap should be damn easy to turn over. Just note down all the complains of both sides, make a fine, short and detailed presentation of the situation and why limiting the allowed weapons is batshit insane this day and age, and then make it go viral online. When you get enough coverage on your subject, and potentially some supporters, then turn it into a petition, and spam that link everywhere, including to your small, local newspapers and radio channels.

If and when the petition does well, then take that thing to your government, and cross your fingers. If you need to turn yourself(es) into public spoke person(s) of the matter, then remember to stay calm and polite, and always base your statements on pure facts, preferably good examples within the EU itself.

One other option would be pushing in a new law that allows setting up small, private ranges with no restrictions. For a few years now, you could have set up such thing here in the north, if the expected shot count per year's roughly less than 30000, and the safety procedures are followed (no dwelling houses nearby down the range's direction, high and thick enough landmass walls around the range, etc.)
>>
>>29533623
Gun ranges in Switzerland are divided into two different classes:

>state endorsed
>private ranges

There are a shit ton of state endorsed ranges in Switzerland, pretty much every town has a 300 meter range to practice.

These ranges provide you ammo, which costs a fraction of what it would cost if you bought that ammo at gun shops and its related to the militia so that only Swiss rifles used in the military can be used at these ranges.

It's a fucked up rule because you can't shoot an AR15 there even though it uses the same ammo.
>>
>>29533607
The president of my shooting club said, after i asked if i could shoot my SKS on the range, that it could damage the backhold.
Fucking bullshit, it withstands GP11 so it can also take 7.62x39

The main problem are our fudds
>>
File: intothetrash.gif (1 MB, 300x172) Image search: [Google]
intothetrash.gif
1 MB, 300x172
>>29533607
>mfw I just realized what that was

Kill me
>>
>>29533663
if theyre giving you free ammo that your supposed to use for militay training it makes sense they dont want you using it in personal guns for entertainment. would be like having a gas card for a work truck but you fill up your own car instead.
>>
>>29533663
yeah idk why the fuck you don't understand the logic behind this
>>
>>29533607
Swissfag here. There are multiple reasons to why only a limited choice of firearms is allowed on 300m rifle ranges.

The first reason is that those ranges belong to "official" government-licensed shooting clubs. Those clubs receive governmental subventions for promoting the traditional 300m shooting, which has to be done with the weapons you listed. At the same time, those ranges are used by the government for the compulsory military shooting and the pre-military shooting training, which all has to be done with ordnance firearms.

The second reason is that those clubs are 200% fudd. Let's face it, heads of official shooting clubs are all way above 60yo and they have a very narrow vision of how shooting should be.

Finally, Switzerland is a very small country. Shooting is a noisy occupation. Therefore, outdoor shooting ranges are only open during a relatively short period of time, which is reserved for traditional fudd clubs and the military. Recreational shooters have to try their luck in expensive private ranges.

Personally, I am not even sure that there is a law that forbids to use different kinds of firearms. I believe it must be the fudd clubs regulations doing so. Therefore, a petition would be useless. If you want to start a petition, make one to allow the use of HP bullets for handguns and laser sights.
>>
>>29533607
they want soldiers, not gun enthusiasts

keep guns as boring as humanely possible, give them to everyone, make them just tools to people, make they joyless

>can't use scopes or other magnifying sights
literally for what reason, does your government hate you?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.