[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The White Star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: military-star-symbol.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
military-star-symbol.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
Why don't we put this symbol (or any symbol) on our equipment anymore? The Bundeswehr still puts the Schwarzes Kreuz on their stuff. Commies still put the red star on their stuff.
>>
>>29530923
Because we dont live in the past, we look towards the future
>>
>>29530957
That's totally the reason.
>>
File: 1453256618714.jpg (45 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
1453256618714.jpg
45 KB, 300x190
>>29530923
>Why don't we put this symbol (or any symbol) on our equipment anymore?

Because we're the fucking U.S.A.
>>
>>29530923
>Commies still put the red star on their stuff.

Our stuff is already a political statement just by existing and pushing the enemy's shit in.

The Bundeswehr should be ashamed of itself for having to put bumper stickers on its shit just to give itself legitimacy. Weapons of war should always be their own statement.

Commies, of course, have no shame.
>>
>>29530923
Have you ever thought that maybe sticking a big white star on our vehicles would be a big enticing target?
>>
>>29531291
>The Bundeswehr should be ashamed of itself for having to put bumper stickers on its shit just to give itself legitimacy. Weapons of war should always be their own statement.

Exactly what I was going to post but I was too busy being proud of not being a German cuck. Germany should stop having to engrave their shit and instead, figure out how to make them not melt and find some ammo for their troops
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 600x600
>>29531163
Y u mad bruh?
>>
>>29530923
I am actually curious of this as well. What changed in the US military so that they don't use this symbol anymore?
>>
>>29531493

Literally someone decided that putting a miniature US flag on everything was a step up.
>>
>>29531493
giant white stars on shit that's supposed to be hidden isn't exactly conducive to the task
>>
>>29531799
This is the real reason.
It's why aircraft still have obvious markings on them while everything else isn't labeled as brightly.
>>
File: 1274766145787.jpg (278 KB, 1688x1176) Image search: [Google]
1274766145787.jpg
278 KB, 1688x1176
>>29531833
Umm... the only markings on army aircraft are the black "United States Army" written down the tail and the unit's logo (Also in subdued CARC black) somewhere.

This is about the most zazzed up helicopter you'll see.
>>
>>29531750
>Literally someone decided that putting a miniature US flag on everything was a step up
If this is true, it's fucking retarded.
>>
>>29531799
>>29531833
it doesn't have to be on everything, I too wonder why it's gone.
it was on shit like tanks and I'm pretty sure that a big star isn't gonna do much to harm the stealth of a fucking abrams.
>>
>>29531493
The only reason to mark your equipment is to identify it as friendly for your troops so they do not shoot it, and to identify them for civilians. Otherwise you're putting up a big, fat target marker for your enemy. It's better to keep them guessing or make them think the equipment is someone elses or their own, than to let them know it's you.

If a big helicopter fly's over your house and it has no markings, you aren't going to call ISIS and say the Americans just flew over. If however it has a flag, is blazing rock and roll, has a big white star and so forth. Different story.

Nowadays most of the wars and battles are small and confined. US troops would rather use other means such as infrared IFF's to identify friend and foe.
>>
>>29531984
So national pride/ esprit de corps doesn't play any part? I thought that was part of it.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.