[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
a clone army would be a good idea IRL?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
a clone army would be a good idea IRL?
>>
>>29529154
Hypothetically yes And no...
Yes in the sense that if you find the right candidate with the right family health history, no health problems, etc. then it could be viable.

No in the sense that it would cost alot more than just training lower class kids trying to make money for college.

No in the sense that even with different experiences in combat and training they might miss out on something that a different parented clone.

No in the sense that you might end up with the same problems with each and every clone (anger problems, future medical etc.)

Pretty much if you want to wage a large scale war FAST, and can implant the knowledge, training, and expertise fast enough... honestly i cant see any reason for a clone army other than an insanely low population and clones dont live long, or a very anti-war population and your under imminent threat, or you want to wage a secret war and for that you need disposable soldiers.
>>
>>29529154
diversity has its advantages. one weakness menas they all have the same weakness.
for example, if your clone was for whatever reason especially susceptible to say, disease X, your army is fucked.
like modern day bananas
>>
>>29529154
327th Reporting In

Just got back from the Outer rim like four weeks ago. I caught some nasty skineating disease on Felucia and now have been bedridden in a Coruscant Grand Army Hospital for the last few days.

How have you fierfeks all been?
>>
>>29529154

Only if you don't have large enough organic recruitment pool to draw on

I don't think one person is going to have genetics that are that much better than the next guy to warrant being cloned with the idea of getting super soldiers but it could be used simply as a way to get more soldiers if there are no other options

Droids were the better choice for cheap soldiers in starwars

>>29529326
You could avoid potential issues by using a few different parent sources for the clones
>>
File: 1418295098808.jpg (83 KB, 1459x861) Image search: [Google]
1418295098808.jpg
83 KB, 1459x861
>>29529326

Most developed countries and even some backwards ones like Russia are having a problem with low birthrates and obesity. This means that they might have trouble fielding an adequately sized army in the near to medium future. If there was some sort of artificial womb to grow than in, plus a way to accelerate growth and learning so I get something better than a fifteen year turnaround, clones could be pretty neat.

I would definitely rather use a clone army if I had to take a megacity like Lagos or Sao Paulo or Shanghai room by room, block by block. Even a population that is totally gung ho at the start of a battle like that will be unable or unwilling to tolerate the human cost necessary to win it, especially in a democracy.

Also, I would probably use several different lines of clones in each squadron with different, complimentary personalities and talents. Fifty copies of the same guy would get on each other's nerves and have terrible cohesiveness.
>>
>>29529564
Each battalion is made up entirely of different clones, with maybe a few of the same ones. Their commanders and squad leaders are cloned from time and tested leaders, and all of its grunts are cloned from professional, die-hard loyal soldiers with outstanding comradery and morales (morales optional)

The only downside i can see is that maybe seeing joe die four times now, and they just send you a spare joe from a different battalion to take his place...

OR

You're the only one left from the orginal founding, everyone else has died and been replaced by their doppelgangers so many times now. You allways try to remenice but they never understand. You where there with them to take block 39, and yet... they werent.

Maybe have an SOF unit of elites, Or maybe one of all the same guy (He knows what hes thinking, he operates with himself and his seven others of himself and never needs utter a word.)
>>
>>29529154
Original armor best armor. FA armor a shit. SHIT!
>>
File: cef-heavy-gear-infantry.jpg (458 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
cef-heavy-gear-infantry.jpg
458 KB, 1200x800
Why have just an army of clones when you could have an army of genetically enhanced clones?

And have them in different classes, each made for their tasks in combat.

Yeah, I'm using the GREL units of the CEF from Heavy Gear game as an example. Even those had small flaws to which the CEF then created the upgraded SLEDGE clone troops.

But clones still being basically human, what do you do when your creation turns back on you?
>>
>>29529484
>Droids were the better choice for cheap soldiers in starwars
Until lucas fucked it up for keks.

If lucas hadn't tried to be a commedian, jarjar would have stayed a sith lord and the prequel trilogy would have mirrored the original trilogy and clone wars would have been notably better.
>>
>>29530244
>what do you do when your creation turns back on you?
Shoot them into space to spread the best seeds of humanity to the stars.
But this time we will learn from our mistakes, no indians.

PooInTheLoo
>>
anyone else really disappointed that the clone wars wasnt clones trying to replace their originals
you wouldnt be able to know who was an orginal or a clone till it was to late with sleeper clones everywhere
billions of the same guy vs billions of identical robots was stupid as fuck.
>>
Better yet, 100% robot soldiers controlled by humans somewhere safe. With heavy armor and HMGs as standard.
>>
>>29529154
IRL our world? No, a small army of the commando droids would be sufficient, or better, because no
>clones lives matter too
plus we could suit up africans if we wanted disposable humans.

Otherwise the time it takes to create an entire sub division of humans would be too much. It's close to like solving your societies hunger issue through cannibalism.

>>29530587
there were so many ideas I had in my head by just the name "clone war". especially when Lando was supposed to be a clone from the war. but I'm fine with what it turned out.
>>
>>29530587
Yup

>tfw no clone Jedi fights
>>
>>29529154
Yes. I offer myself as a viable candidate to The Makers.
>>
>>29531309
Application denied, we are not looking for betas at the moment
>>
>>29531321
Fug
>>
>>29529564
>Fifty copies of the same guy would get on each other's nerves and have terrible cohesiveness
You have the wrong idea of what a clone is, unless it's been proven that twins make terrible squadmates. Fifty clones would effectively be a set of identical...whatever the word may be for fifty siblings all born at the same time.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.