[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/ first post. I know the mosin nagant is a memegun.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 4032x3024
Alright /k/ first post.
I know the mosin nagant is a memegun. I asked a coworker who is into guns if I should get one and he said it was ugly, shitty, old, and the ammo is harder to find because its all surplus. Is the mosin actually bad if I want to get into guns? What other guns have comparable stats within its price range?
Photograph not related
>>
File: 1351273316078.jpg (193 KB, 743x990) Image search: [Google]
1351273316078.jpg
193 KB, 743x990
>I know the mosin nagant is a memegun.
only recently have shitposters begun calling it that
>I asked a coworker who is into guns if I should get one and he said it was ugly,
subjective
>shitty
it varies, but usually they're fine.
>old
irrelevant when it comes to firearms generally
>and the ammo is harder to find because its all surplus.
Several companies are producing new ammo, Privi, Hornady, Wolf, Seller&Belliot (or however thats spelled) and recently Century Arms under the "Red Army Standard" brand, among others.
>Is the mosin actually bad if I want to get into guns?
First gun? get a .22 rifle, then maybe.
Shot before, but never owned? Then yes Mosins are great first rifles. Ammo is cheap enough still that they're good for target shooting (though dont expect to win any competitions), and great for hunting as well since its basically the same size round as a .308/7.62x51 NATO.
>What other guns have comparable stats within its price range?
Currently? Mausers are a good alternative, Yugo M48's are close in price, and there's a fairly large Mauser aftermarket if you want to sporterize it and trigger 90% of /k/. Mauser ammo is fairly expensive though, 60 cents to a dollar a round depending upon what you shoot (compaired to 35-60 cents for mosin ammo)
If you want to spend a little more, then Enfeilds are good surplus bolt guns, though not as easy to find (in large quantities) as mosins or mausers. However they also have expensive ammo ($1 a round usually) and you're basically in the cheap AR-15 price range by then.
>>
>>29529064
>stats

Get an SKS while you can. 7.62x39 is cheap, non corrosive and available everywhere. My Mosin sits collecting dust. You'll get more out of an SKS especially because it sounds like you're a slavaboo.
>>
File: 1458952648149.jpg (17 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1458952648149.jpg
17 KB, 200x200
>>29529284
>only recently have shitposters begun calling it that
you mean people who got tired as fuck of slavaboos screaming about them up and down /k/ a few years ago, It's a horrible first gun, and its still a bad gun for milsurp because now they're just as expensive as mausers, and price was the only advantage they ever had to begin with, so fuck off.
>subjective
not subjective when they were literally thrown together at the last minute because the soviets couldnt make sub guns fast enough, and the stripper clips are literally shit compared to other guns, hell compared to all over bolt guns of the era, they compare pitifully.
>Several companies are producing new ammo, Privi, Hornady, Wolf, Seller&Belliot (or however thats spelled) and recently Century Arms under the "Red Army Standard" brand
and all of those brands are hard as fuck to find in store unless you find some online and are literally double the price of what the surpo ammo used to be (the shit slavaboos said would never run out but is now)
>Shot before, but never owned? Then yes Mosins are great first rifles. Ammo is cheap enough still that they're good for target shooting (though dont expect to win any competitions), and great for hunting as well since its basically the same size round as a .308
you can get a budget hunting rifle with a budget scope for cheaper than you can a mosin now, and it will be way more accurate and easier to feed, not to mention better made. Also soft points for mosins are near unobtainable unless you get them offline and even then they're sub-par.

Mosins are bad, no two ways about it, do i still like them? yeah they're a piece of history but that doesnt excuse how over-hyped they once were on this board and how terrible they are for the money.

Get a K31, Lee Enfield or etc. if you want a decent surplus gun.
Get a Remington 783, or savage axis if you want a cheap hunting rifle
and please, get a .22 bolt action before you step into a full size rifle if its your first time OP
>>
File: 1411980587928.jpg (27 KB, 279x304) Image search: [Google]
1411980587928.jpg
27 KB, 279x304
>>29529438
>>
>>29529438

>S&B is hard to find
>PPU is hard to find

You coulda just said you don't like mosins, you didn't have to prove that you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
>>
File: 1427764792171.jpg (112 KB, 647x474) Image search: [Google]
1427764792171.jpg
112 KB, 647x474
>>29529438
>and all of those brands are hard as fuck to find in store
>then recommends K31 and Lee Enfield
>>
>>29529064
They're alright, your coworker does not sound like a very reliable source of information. I wouldn't rely on his meme ass opinions in the future, OP.
>>
>>29529825
>>S&B is hard to find
>>PPU is hard to find
>these brands are common and easy to find!

you could have just said you IQ had no chance of being above 80 but go ahead and just keep proving my case.

>>29529870
>implying there isnt a whole case of k31s here locally that no one gives a shit about because they're just a 100 more than mosins.

nice pepe
>>
>>29530018

Literally 3/4 of my LGS have S&B, both FMJ and SP, on the shelf right now.

But 7.5 swiss? Good luck friendo. Anyways, where did Sergei Mosin touch you?
>>
File: 129372528396.png (384 KB, 852x479) Image search: [Google]
129372528396.png
384 KB, 852x479
>>29530018
>>
>>29529064

I've said this before, and I'm gonna keep on saying it:
MEME GUN DOES NOT MEAN BAD GUN
Meme guns are meme guns because they're very common and popular. Glocks are also meme guns.

The ammo isn't hard to find, it's just expensive because all the surplus has dried up. It used to be you could get a can of over 400 rounds for about $100. Now you're gonna be hard pressed to find ammo for less than 50 cents per round.
They're still good guns for the price, fun to shoot, and if you can get one with all matching serial numbers and you take good care of it, it could really be worth something down the road.
Anybody telling you it's a shit gun can be safely ignored. They're just salty because it's a meme gun, and like most memes, they get talked about and overhyped a lot.
I say go for it OP.
>>
Fuck mosins, just save the extra hundred bucks and get a yugo SKS.
>>
>>29529438
>>29529799
>>29530082
I wish posting manchild-related shit was a perma-ban offense.

/a/ needs to leave.
>>
File: 127625492529.jpg (136 KB, 560x570) Image search: [Google]
127625492529.jpg
136 KB, 560x570
>>29530109
>I wish posting anime on a 4chan imageboard whose letter comes from the Japanese word for weapon was bannable
Reddit pls
>>
>>29530100
Yugo SKS are $400 now.
I pity newgunz. At this point, it's .22 rifle-> wonder 9mm -> AR15/ AK
no point in fucking with surplus, unless you want something cool to look at.
>>
>>29530109

Stop replying to faggots and they'll stop replying to you.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.