[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've got a hankering for some Real Fucking NATO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Real NATO.png (603 KB, 722x695) Image search: [Google]
Real NATO.png
603 KB, 722x695
So I have been wanting a FAL for a few days now. If I sell my AR I could get one. Just curious if DSA's are good or if anybody knows of better ones I have not seen in my mild web searching?
>>
>>29528032
Shameless bump.
>>
>>29528032
I was gonna get one, but the non-handle cut reciever turned me off, so I bought a PTR-91 GI instead and gonna save for a parts kit or something
>>
>>29528527
Problem I have is PTR's,H&K 91's are not very lefty friendly.
>>
>>29528032
The Voyageur is fine (paging Drug Rug Anon). People like to suggest that for the same monies you just go on FALfiles or Gunbroker and buy someone's kit-bashed FAL build that comes with no warranty and god knows if the builder knew what he was doing.

>>29528571
>not very lefty friendly
Yeah FAL is going to be better for your sinister plans.
>>
>>29528641
Thanks for the info anon.

>Yeah FAL is going to be better for your sinister plans.

You caught onto the lefty master race takeover...our plans are foiled! Curse you common righties!
>>
>>29528571
Ah I see, I was close to pilling the trigger on the FAL, but couldn't due to the noncarry handle cut receiver, but other than that, I'd go for it
>>
I bought that same rifle its great only a few complaints.
1. Mag it comes with is absolute shit couldn't feed 20 rounds without a few failures, replace immediately.
2. finish feels cheap and scratches very easily, no problem though surplus parts are pretty cheap.
It is a cheaper, cost effective rifle but if you really care so much about some of the cheaper parts any surplus metric parts will fit on.
>>
>>29528032
dont sell your ar for a voyager, they are the more "cheaply" built FAL by dsarms. Seriously, just save up another $500 and get a standard version. The biggest concern for these rifles is their (cast?) receivers compared to the standard forged (or billet machined?) receivers.
>>
Dude... No... Work at LGS and sold a voyager. Broke on an experienced FAL user on our range in under 100 rounds. Bolt is made essentially of shit tier metal and extractor sheered off.
>>
>>29530262
I call bullshit, DSarms has a warranty of anything happens but I still call bullshit. You're full of shit.

>>29530177
I've posted pictures of threads before, if you'd bother to do a google search or went to falfiles to learn and read other than to just look at the marketplace you'd know DSarms only shitty product when it comes to fals is magazines. Buy surplus, expect to pay ~20$ per, yes not g3 cheap go cry me a fucking river.

>>29530211
Cast parts are fine, /k/'s lust for the cz 75 as the most perfect pistol seems to be unnafected by the fact the frame is cast and shit. As long as parts are heat treated well guess what, there's no issue. They do sell old style forged receivers still I don't know why ignorant people say "every" DSarms receiver is cast, im gladly surprised you know better.
>>
>>29528032
Don't sell your AR. You will regret it. The price of 5.56 compared to the price of 7.62x51 means you'll shoot your AR more for the same amount of money.

Also, don't buy a Voyager. Either buy a DSA Standard for more money or buy a kit build built by a reputable member on FALfiles for the same amount.

>>29528641
>People like to suggest that for the same monies you just go on FALfiles or Gunbroker and buy someone's kit-bashed FAL build that comes with no warranty and god knows if the builder knew what he was doing.
You don't just buy from anybody, you buy from somebody who has a solid rep of building proper guns. It isn't hard to find them.
>>
>>29530830
>who has a solid rep of building proper guns
Who isn't gonna sell you a rifle for the price of a Voyager.
>>
>>29530961
You stupid fuck you still think you can get a fal that isn't a century for less than a voyager? Receivers alone are $350 ~$500.
>>
>>29530262
> Bolt is made essentially of shit tier metal and extractor sheered off.
Top kek the bolts are surplus british L1A1 bolts so you can fuck right off.
>>
>>29530177
>It is a cheaper, cost effective rifle but if you really care so much about some of the cheaper parts any surplus metric parts will fit on

Good to know, was planning down the road to make it look like a G1 or the Austrian variant anyway.

>>29530211
Colt LE6920 with 8 mags Lucid x4 Optic, nice "matching Colt" bag and a few hundred rounds. Figuring of selling it for $1500 (Rifle: 900, 8 mags: $12 ea, Optic 300, bag 50, $200 worth of AE XM855. Was gonna use the savings for ammo but fuck it. Just sell my 91/30 and its ammo for that.

>>29530262
Lifetime warranty brah.

>>29530830
The amount I shoot (Once every other month, if I am lucky) ammo costs mean nothing to me.
>>
File: FALPower.jpg (2 MB, 4146x1481) Image search: [Google]
FALPower.jpg
2 MB, 4146x1481
>>29528032
I have a voyager with plenty of rounds through it. You are going to need to make some basic changes to it though.

1. Replace the rear sight
2. Replace the mag paddle
3. Buy an assload of mags
>>29531518
You can snag imbel builds for $750-$850 off the files if you know how to lurk
>>
Dumb question of the day: how do you cycle the action in an FAL? Less dumberer question: do they chew up the brass?
>>
>>29531569
Thanks anon, curious about the changes though.

>1. Replace the rear sight

I get that the stock rear sight looks kinda shit.

>2. Replace the mag paddle

Mushy? Doesn't always work? Or...?

>3. Buy an assload of mags

Already planning on it, this is a metric pattern gun right not an L1A1?
>>
>>29531607
Charging handle is on the left side of the rifle.
>>
>>29531631
>I get that the stock rear sight looks kinda shit.
Its a para sight so it causes a higher cheek weld
>Mushy? Doesn't always work? Or...?
Mine came with an israeli release and it fucking sucks so I replaced it.
>Already planning on it, this is a metric pattern gun right not an L1A1?
Yeah metric, try to get surplus because some of the DSA mags have too narrow of feed lips so you have to widen them
>>29531607
>Cycle the action
Rack the non reciprocating charging handle on the left of the gun
>Chew up brass
No, you can even adjust down the gas system to throw them in a nice neat pile should you so desire
>>
>>29530961
Yes they will. Check the marketplace daily. They pop up all the time.

Reputalbe sellers sell solid IMBEL and StG-58 builds for anywhere from $900 to $1300. I bought my matching StG-58 build from a reputable guy on FALfiles for $1100 for the rifle, five mags, the original dust cover and a railed dust cover, and a hard case.
>>
>>29531569
No you can't, even the $900 low end limit is bullshit. Maybe an old beat surplus g1 kit on the cheapest coonan receiver from a guy who bought that shit kit for like $100 and needs money now which is the equivalent of hitting the jackpot because even if those stars align you're still on a dedicated forum where the guy almost guaranteed knows exactly what he has and what he can get for it.
$1,100 is more like it.
The prices you're saying are what if you lurk you can find for a CENTURY build on a Imbel receiver for which is different from an Imbel surplus kit built by someone who's not a drunken monkey on 1 of three good receivers. You're not finding that for $800.
You'll have better luck finding a kind individuals link to a gunbroker auction where there's an ignorant seller or a century build.
>>
File: 2016-04-07 23.56.26.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07 23.56.26.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>29531569
Look what I just found, non matching imbel kit on a Century imbel marked receiver. Man I fucking called it.
>>
>>29530830
>Either buy a DSA Standard for more money
I thought their standard SA58's were now cast as well, if that was what you're trying to imply.
>>
>>29528571
FALs aren't lefty friendly at all, m8
You'll have a hella time with that bolt release and bolt handle
>>
>>29530262
>>29530211
Disregard these faggots
They spread fuddlore and lies
>>
>>29530961
I bought mine from a guy who owned a gun store that was known across the internet for over 10 years for $1000 flat
It's an Imbel receiver with Enfield parts kit

Get fukt m8
>>
Not OP, but guy who wants FAL as well and is willing to put down the dosh for the tools to dew it.

Would this kit be a good one to build? Looking at the G1 kit at the bottom. I love the bipod handguard and mismatched stock look. Receiver would run me +/- $350 and the tools are another $130 or so.
Total I'd be at about $1250 for a nice FAL in the STG58 style but $600 cheaper than a DSA
http://www.gunthings.com/falkits.htm
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.