[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you an officer, /k/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Tarkin.jpg (45 KB, 1000x418) Image search: [Google]
Tarkin.jpg
45 KB, 1000x418
Why aren't you pursuing your commission, /k/? Why are you still enlisted?

I thought /k/ was the least subservient of the boards.
>>
Because a life long carrier in the military is for bitches. I took my permanent disability retirement after 3 years and made a better life for my self by going to college.
>>
>He thinks he'll be flag grade
Enjoy being a 40 year old O-4
>>
>>29527242
and?

You bail out at 20 years, collect 42,000 a year for the rest of your life, plus benefits. Go get a federal government job or a milindustrial complex job with degree and officer experience. work another 20 years, collect second pension and benefits. Now you are 60 or so. Your pension is 80k a year and benefits.

Retirement house should be paid off by now. Use VA loan and a third job to buy a second house and pay it off in a few years. Retire for real this time. Have two houses, several nice cars, a motorcycle and lots of financial security.
>>
>>29527347
This. I'm looking forward serving as an Engineer Officer and reinstating the military culture to my neutered family. I already had enough of my cucked brother and the liberal ignorance that run. At least my grandparents aren't delusional
>>
>>29527084

Because I want to pick my exact job and do shit instead of being assigned Needs of the Army and pushing papers.
>>
I am though. 5 years in, cpt at 28 it's pretty fun so far
>>
>>29527084
Possibly because I don't want to take the mandatory lobotomy that comes with being an officer.
Not to mention, I can do my four years as a colossal fucking POG, get out and impress everyone who doesn't know shit by saying I was a Sergeant in the Muhrines.
>>
>>29527084
Late entry officers are strange, bitter creatures, one of them tried to steal a fish from a pond, it was later found nailed to this old outhouse by the barracks, said LEO was having a massive comedown from a micky somebody slipped him and thought it would help.
>>
tried to get my Reserves commission as a doc, but, the combo of mental and knee problems made me permanently Med DQed....

I was a sad panda when my med-recruiter told me that.
>>
>>29527084
Because I hate dealing with even more autistic fucks. And paperwork.
>>
>>29527084

>implying i'm not a 1st Lt
>>
Which branch would be best for IT?
Army just had a bunch of new Cyber MOS's like 17c and 25D Im sure they need some cyberspace officers
Whats about Navy Af Or CG?
>>
>>29527084
Politics, nothing more needs to said.

I saw everything I needed to know about officers as line enlisted.

Would rather spend a career enlisted than going commission/ butterbar, w/e..
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 286x200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 286x200
>tfw active duty warrant officer for 8 years and ETSing
>>
Be officer in military.
Be happy platoon leader, or company commander.
Get promoted, be anything but pilot, and become political creature. Get bitched at over not promoting Sgt Black-Gay-McIslam. Get bitched at over lack of diversity in units despite lack of control over personnel. Get bitched at over knocked up females dodging deployment, then get a letter of concern for asking your troops to stay on birth control to be combat ready.
Be up for promotion to O-6, get passed over first look due to letter in file. Get hit for non promotion or lack of personal improvement despite dealing with new demands and learning a new position.
Get masters, perform well, mentor Jr officers, get passed over again due to your boss taking credit for your work and your lack of new duties and responsibilities due to going to class.
Get picked up finally and move units, be BN commander finally, brigade commander doesn't like your old unit and micromanages you while bitching that you aren't owning your command.
Retire and lack work outside government sector because degree mill masters in basket weaving, and limited experience in civilian work.
>>
>>29530810
That's not true about aviation, it's much more political starting at the LT level.
>>
>>29527084
>Why are you still enlisted?
implying that enlistments are less desirable than commissions?
>>
>>29527084
Is that a grand admiral?
>>
>>29532157
Regular admirals don't get capes.
>>
>>29527084
Because I wouldn't get a bitchin' uniform and cape like that dude
>>
>>29527084
>implying there are actually that many people here who are enlisted/will actually enlist
>>
I get to be a POG bitch nurse working a practical job in a hospital that 100% translates into a civilian career...because I got to pick it when I enlisted.

Less money tho
>>
Im afraid to order people. Tfw forever OR-3
>>
>>29527084

Failed the medical at my AOSB, unfit for military service.
>>
>>29527390
>military culture
>not cucked
Your family probably is neutered, but soldier shit is not going to fix that.
>>
>>29527347
But how much harder and longer are you going to have to work for that money compared to someone in the Private sector? I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just if money is what you're looking for, there are better paths.
>>
>>29530769
Politics only really matter for people with silver oak leaves and higher. By that point, you're retirement eligible and can collect a $50,000 a year pension.

Before O-3, you just need to not get yourself arrested. For O-4, you have to not be in the bottom 10% people. For O-5, you have to not be in the bottom 25%.

That's not particularly difficult, and doesn't take a whole lot of brown-nosing.
>>
>>29527084
But I am a 2nd LT (not 'murrican)
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.