[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adjusting ACOG issue?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1881576791_0df5b9f0d4.jpg (158 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1881576791_0df5b9f0d4.jpg
158 KB, 500x375
Hey /k/ommandos. I was sighting in my ACOG the other day and had to input 70 (1/4 MOA) clicks at 100 yards for a total change of 17.5". Is this normal? It seems really excessive to me but I've always been a poorfag with irons before now.

The manual warns about excessive adjustment causing issues. Should I be concerned?
>>
>>29524966
After every few clicks, smack the shit out of your ACOG to settle it. You should probably go back to factory zero and try zeroing again while doing this.
>>
>>29524966
are you sure its mounted correctly?
maybe something is askew with the gun
>>
>>29525011
Huh? Don't know if serious or troll.

>>29525017
I'm pretty sure. I took it off and remounted it and had other people on the range look it over. What should I be looking for? It's on its factory TA51 mount.
>>
>>29525095
Serious. Something science shit about making sure the fiber optics are settled. Can tell you the exact cause internally, but I know we did it in my unit and never had issues while people didn't do it and experienced a floating zero.
>>
>>29525095
hes right about whacking the acog. sometimes a whack helps set the internal prism after adjustments.
double check that its attached to the mount itself correctly. maybe take the screws out of the mount, inspect and reassemble/ rezero
>>
>>29525119
*Can't tell you the exact cause

Anyway beating the shit or of it was hyperbole. But yeah really whack it a couple of times with a magazine.
>>
>>29525095
are you pushing forward on the mount then tightening it? hitting the scope or shooting off a few rounds will settle out the prism
>>
>>29525119
>>29525189
>>29525238
The mount is tight. I shot it about 400 rounds that day. Probably ~220 after finally getting it on paper. It was shooting a solid foot off or more at 25yds.

Should I rezero it even if I didn't notice the zero shifting afterwards?

>>29525263
I took it off once while I as trying to get on paper and forced it forward. That was one of the things the RO suggested. It feels tight to me.
>>
>>29525878
The whacking settles the internals, nothing to do with the mount.

With as far off as you are now, you might want to get an el cheapo boresight to aid you in a dry readjustment to get the optic roughly zeroed before you go back to the range. Live fire zero shouldn't take more than a magazine, tops.

Other question would be if your rifle has trouble zeroing normally, as it might be the rifle?
>>
>>29525931
The rifle is(was) zeroed fine at 100yds. I handed it off once I got it zeroed to family and none of them complained so I'm assuming it held zero.

Now with people telling me about the prism it might be off from shooting as I definitely didn't check it after they shot.

I was just shocked that it took 17.5" to get it on paper and thought it might be a scope issue.
>>
>>29525238
Lol don't use a magazine, just use your palm dude, doesn't take that much force
>>
>>29525095
Yes you're supposed to hit your ACOG after making your adjustment to settle the prism. Says it right in the manual.

I was banging mine on the bench yesterday to be 100% sure
>>
>>29525878
when i say check the mount, i didnt mean to see if it was loose (but thats a good thing to check also). i meant check it to see theres no burr or shit inbetween the acog and mount. like you said, its tight but its possible that its not completely level
>>
>>29525095
Tap the dials with spent brass
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.