[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Shooter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Remington-870-express.jpg (74 KB, 1000x237) Image search: [Google]
Remington-870-express.jpg
74 KB, 1000x237
Ok /K/,

Just got my licence and I want to start off with a pum action shotgun. I read many reviews claiming that the 870 is perfect for starting off. My plan is to shoot skeet/trap as well as hunt with slugs. is the Rem 870 a good choice for the price? Should I be looking into something else?
>>
Yes.
>>
New 870's have bad QC. Either find an older one, or go Mossberg
>>
File: moss_51411_spec.jpg (25 KB, 511x135) Image search: [Google]
moss_51411_spec.jpg
25 KB, 511x135
>>29523113
Get a Mossberg 590a1. Possibly the best shotgun availible right now.
>>
>>29523138
They look good in wood too.
>>
>>29523138
Thanks for the advice. I will look into the Mossberg.
>>
>>29523113
I prefer the 870's controls to the mossbergs, but neither are bad. I could see someone liking the controls better on the mossberg too, I dislike the safety location more than anything.
If you buy either one without having tried the other, you fucked up.
>>
File: browning_bps-hunter0328111.jpg (7 KB, 618x343) Image search: [Google]
browning_bps-hunter0328111.jpg
7 KB, 618x343
What do you guys think of the Browning BPS?
>>
>>29523220
Make sure you do your own research too and buy what you want because you actually want it, not because someone told you to want it.

But the 590a1 is in my opinion one of the best pump guns you can get.
>>
>>29523138
get the regular 590. that heavy barrel is dumb and necessary. it adds surprising amount of weight
>>
>>29523113
Absolutely. I love my 870. You can never go wrong with a pump-action shotgun. You can shoot skeet, hunt most any kind of game, and protect your household with it. The more chokes, barrels, and kinds of shells you get, the more versatile it becomes.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.