[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/ I was talking to a guy at my work who was a gunner on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: cal50-wood-ammo-crate-box.jpg (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cal50-wood-ammo-crate-box.jpg
82 KB, 600x600
Hey /k/ I was talking to a guy at my work who was a gunner on a Chinnok in vietnam. He said when they got ammo for his .50 cal the crates came in with an extra loose round. What was the purpose of this, or was it just a mess up at the factory?
>>
>>29520900
Ammo manufacturers often include one extra PSR or prostate stimulation round in each crate as a small token of gratitude for using their product.
>>
>>29520900
For use as a hammer to punch the pin in when attaching the 50 to the mount
>>
>>29520900
maybe a QC sign that the worker made sure the links were fine and the box was sealed
>>
>>29521070
I thought everyone knew this.
>>
>>29521123
Nice
>>
>>29521123
this... But take a video when you do it so others can learn how to do it
>>
>>29521123
Didn't one guy do this, and had half his hand blown off?
>>
>>29520900
It's a relic habit from long ago. When you opened a crate, you were presented with a sample of what the sealed packages contained.

Enough people in the Civil war and WWI couldn't read. So they were benefitted by having a sample round.
>>
Old M2s did not have a safety and a round would be used to block the trigger from being depressed. New M2s have a built in safety and do not need a loose round.
>>
>>29522600
So the guy that can't read "caliber 30, ball" on the crate could pickup the sample round and know it's 30.06?

Clever
>>
>>29522842
People who were never taught to read may be quite intelligent. I know astrophysicists who don't know sign language. What if sign language was standard? Does that mean those PhDs are suddenly dumb?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.