[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PT 92 vs. Beretta 92fs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: PT92.jpg (34 KB, 700x476) Image search: [Google]
PT92.jpg
34 KB, 700x476
I found a new PT 92 like pic related for $390. I'd really like to have a full size 9mm for the range and HD. I loved the way it felt and magazines don't seem to be really expensive. I know it was made on Beretta machinery and seems to have a good reputation.

Anyone have one that's had problems? Should I save up for the Beretta? It's a hell of a price difference.
>>
>>29513697
>cheap knockoff
or
>the real deal
>>
>>29513697
They are made on Beretta tooling in Brazil. The gun will be more rough around the edges (less time goes into de burring and QC inspection) but aside from the frame mounted saftey, it is for all intensive purposes a 92FS.

Me personally, I want one of those WC 92G compacts.
>>
>>29513774
>intensive purposes
>>
>>29513827
>I am a complete faggot please rape my face
>>
>>29513827
Its a doggy dog world out there bud, you just gotta say it how you speak it
>>
OP here. I guess what I'm asking is is there $200.00 worth of more quality in the Beretta? I can grab the Taurus and a case of ammo for the same price. I also really like the where the safety is compared to the Beretta.
>>
>>29513913
Check out the police trade in Beretta's online. You can save money and have a nicer gun
>>
>>29513869
Then you're saying it incorrectly as well. It's intents and purposes.
>>
>>29513913
as someone whos owned both its more like a 10% difference in quality. that 10% is all fit and finish not function. function is the same. if you like the safety position taurus is worth it you can carry it cocked and locked.cant do that with a berreta. if you are settling cause you are poor its not worth it.magazines are not interchangable.
>>
>>29513869
Comments like this are a diamond dozen
>>
>>29514099
Not poor, just a stingy bastard. I think I'm going to try and find a Beretta to handle, but I'm pretty sure I'm going for the Taurus.
>>
Taurus does produce some questionable guns. You'd have to be absolutely retarded to not be informed about them.

However, the PT92 and PT99 are great firearms. At least, the ones that I've had.

The PT99 was an older model without the light rail. It ran on absolutely everything that I shoved through it. The sights were adjustable (only difference I know of between the pt99 and pt92) and I regularly shot at 100 yard gongs with it.

The PT92 I currently own needed to have its sights drifted a tiny bit right out of the box. Once zeroed, I've been able to get pretty good accuracy out of it with decent ammo. My PT92 runs everything EXCEPT winchester white box. WWB fails to extract after every 2nd round. It's the only ammo that does it.

Also, I have an older model 82 in .38 special that's been in my possession for 12 years. The lockup isn't as great as it used to be. The barrel has holster wear, and the finish on the rear half of the gun was burned/steamed off when my house burned, but the gun still functions great. No split projectiles but the operating rod is bent due to my brothers flicking it shut like hollywood fags.
>>
>>29514155
buy the tarus cause you want the tarus. dont buy the tarus cause you want the berreta and it looks just like it.
>>
File: IMG_1538 - Copy.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1538 - Copy.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>29513697
>$390
That's terrible.
I got this for $400 used. '92 manufacture, '93 import inox 92fs in about ~90-95% condition with all the originals in '14. I think I actually scored a pretty rare great deal, but still you should look around. A used Beretta is better than a new Taurus. Almost anything is better than Taurus, to be honest.
>>
>>29514296
For an Inox yeah, you got a great deal. I regularly see normal 92FSs for $450 or so used in the same condition though.
>>
>>29513697
I've always been interested in the PT92 because it combines the Walther-P38 inspired action with a frame safety
>>
For the love of God get a real Beretta... The PT 92 might not be as shitty as the other things that Taurus does but buying a knock-off is always a bad idea...
>>
>>29514412
>buying a knock-off is always a bad idea...
This x1000.
A knock off will always leave you feeling half satisfied, usually with buyer's remorse too. You see it here plenty when people cry and get jealous they couldn't save up and afford the nice guns like a real deal Colt for their ARs or 1911s and get all bitter about their knock off palmetto, bcm, s&w, ria, etc.

Just save up and get something nice that's actually legit.
>>
>>29514412
a knock off might be considered better if it has a feature the original lacks. in this case safety location.
>>
>>29514019
>92S
Those things are in shite condition, don't have the "prevent slide from entering face" safeties and:
>heel release
nothankyou.jif

>>29513913
Buy once, cry once. The PT92 just doesn't have as good a feel as a Beretta, plus their QC is worse, so if you get a good one then great, but you have a much higher probability of getting a shitty one than you do with Beretta who has great QC.

Not to mention parts, modern mags are a little different between the two, but 18rd Mec-Gar mags cost the same. You can change guide-rod and pretty much all springs (so you can use the D spring mod) but most everything else you can't: hammer, mag release, grips (cause of the safety), being the most notable.

I for one changed out for the D spring, new grips and extended mag release, the latter of which you can't do and the extended mag release I would highly recommend.

>tl;dr

My personal opinion: do yourself a favor and buy a 92G (wish I had instead of the 92FS). GB has PT92s for $400, but they have a 92G for $515 which I would say is WELL worth the difference.
>>
>>29514143
I am sorry to be the baron of bad news, but you seem buttered, so allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies, and are more than just ice king on the cake. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite.

So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality.

I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go.

Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the fax, instead of making a half-harded effort. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it's a peach of cake.
>>
>>29513697
For $120 more you can have a Beretta 92fs brand new which will carry better resale
>>
Get a used surplus Beretta 92S for 250-290 at someplace like southern Ohio guns.
>>
>>29515011
berreta 92fs have horrible resale value. they drop almost immediatly.a 600 dollar gun turns into 400-500 used. you can usually get back most of it with a taurus
>>
Why doesn't Beretta make a frame mounted safety 92FS/M9?
>>
>>29515540
because italians
>>
File: django.gif (2 MB, 570x237) Image search: [Google]
django.gif
2 MB, 570x237
>>29513869
>>29514143
>>29514673
>>
>>29515540
Not really sure why they don't, but the reason why the slide-mounted safety persists is because it's arguably safer because it rolls the strike plunger completely out of the way.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.