[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guerrilla units and how they work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 061019-A-7603F-151.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
061019-A-7603F-151.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
How do guerrilla units win if they don't have the brute big force to capture enemy forts/camps ?

i mean how do you win a war just sabotaging a tank and killing a couple of sentries once a time?
How can you liberate a country if you don't have enough force to drive the enemy army out of the country?
>>
>>29513279
Its pronounced "Gorilla"
>>
>>29513279
Annoying/killing read echelon troops is demoralizing, youre just doing everything you can to keep the fight going, eventually hoping your allies will help liberate your country

ie Polan/Yugos in WW2
>>
>>29513303
>keep killing until the enemy demoralizes
genius
>>
>>29513279
When you have a huge army, it is a logistic nightmare(even today, if you are not really careful travel from point A to B can take more lives than enemy fire).

Example of successful guerrilla:
General says :"Send 500.000 troops as backup to point B in 1 hour.Its imperative that they are not late."

So, its a huge fucking colon. On the middle of the A to B there are just 10 "rebels".
They blow up first, last and middle vehicle(and as luck provides).

Colon must stop, they must check the perimeter, they dont know size and where from does enemy force is firing upon and if they will continue attack.

There is a really beautiful guerrilla example in 20 ct.(1991-1995 Croats vs.Serbs) where handful
of people stopped whole army.(Check casualties and size of the forces)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Vukovar
>>
they win by not having retarded commanders and politicians telling them what to do
>>
>>29513433
Right?
>>
>>29513513
>Look ma, I'm being edgy on the interwebz!
>>
One of my favourite proverb is the following:
An army loses if it doesn't win.
Guerillas win if they don't lose.
>>
>>29513513
So they get outflanked by the enemy, have their supply lines cut by aerially dropped mines and special forces then slowly whittled into nothingness in a pocket?
>>
>>29513544
Ah Chechnya. Good times.
>>
>>29513452
Huge fucking Colon?

So we are sending in 500,000 troops through a large intestine?
>>
>>29513556
yeah ur mom swallowed
>>
>>29513544
how do you outflank somebody whos got 500 pounds of rice and beans buried in multiple caches and doesnt have a base of operations to "flank". youre talking about trying to defend a landmark or some shit.
>>
>>29513556
colone?
cologne?
column?
IDK proper English word, sorry, im from EU and I know(its not as if I wish to know all those languages, I just live on the crossroads of every fucking country in Europe) just 4 languages(English being 3rd by importance)
>>
The goal isn't to try to drive them out, it's too make the war too costly, either financially or in the lives of troops, and make them withdraw themselves. It's worked in numerous historical cases.
>>
File: 1427492609776.jpg (56 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1427492609776.jpg
56 KB, 800x600
>>29513544
Pretty much chechnya 2.0

Also
>>
File: 1427492692371.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1427492692371.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>>29513738
>Tying dead chechens under your helicopter
>>
>>29513279
G-G-G-G UNIT
>>
>>29513714
just FYI for future,
colone=not a word
Cologne=city/perfume for men
colon=grammatical ":" mark or the large intestine

column is the word you're looking for.
>>
>>29513672
You pin down the opposition and reduce their positions while employing airmobile and mechanized forces in combination with modern artillery and airpower.

By your posting style you seem either completely uninformed or 15 years of age.
>>
>>29513764
>what is nogunz noarmy noenglish yuropoor
>>
>>29513785
Honestly can't tell who you're talking about, >>29513764
or the fellow that I was responding to.
>>
>>29513758
tnx.
french=colonne
german=Spalte
croat=kolona
dannish=kolonne
italian=colonna

so, i knew i was in a ballpark, but im using this chink web-browser(Maxhton) and their
word Dictionary is nothing to write home about(at least for English)
>>
>>29513279
Guerrilla wars are supposed to be a slow burn. The guerrillas start out inna woods/jungle/slums picking off patrols, checkpoints, soft government targets, etc. The point in the beginning is to get their name out for sympathetic people to support their cause and to make it harder for the government to operate in their AO. The more successful their attacks, the bigger the guerrillas get which allows them to hit harder and more often which perpetuates the cycle.

If everything goes successfully, it becomes too hard for the government to operate normally in the area and that allows the guerrillas to create a little enclave that they control. They get bigger, better trained, and more organized so that they can go after harder targets. They start becoming bolder, their operations become larger and more complex, and over time they reach the point where they're starting to take whole cities and regions of the country.

At the final stage the guerrillas have gone from just a few cells planting IEDs and raiding checkpoints to a paramilitary force that's large enough and equipped enough that they can start directly challenging the government in open, conventional warfare. At that point, they make a serious, concentrated push into taking over the country proper. The war shifts from being asymmetrical to a conventional war and, assuming things are still going good for the rebels, it ends in them overthrowing the government.

Keep in mind that this is just a basic outline for waging a guerrilla war. There's factors like outside support of the government and/or guerrillas, what kind of government is in place, what the military is like and what counterinsurgency tactics they point, peoples' opinions of the government vs. their opinion of the guerrillas, etc. All of those can accelerate or stagnate the process, depending on the specifics.
>>
If they cost to much to control the army will leave
>>
>>29514153
>small guerilla becomes big and capable enough to capture enemy forts

that'd take a fuckton of time
>>
>>29513764
congratulations on being able to kill guerrillas. first of all you have to id them as combatants and thats not going to happen until after theyve done some damage to you. assassinations, ambushes etc. you have to declare total war to deal with them as evidenced by all the leveled cities and amount of munitions dropped in guerrilla conflicts.
>>
>>29513672

The russians did exactly that in syria, they holed the rebels up in a city, then laid siege untill they capitulated.

The us never did that because something about civilians or some such.
>>
by making it cost more than the invading country's willing to pay to hold your country
>>
You know who didn't have guerrilla problems?

The Romans.

Just copy what they did and resettle your military veterans from a campaign in the place they conquered.

Then build baths, roads, and theaters over the shit hovels of the locals.

Then the locals want to become Romans and join the legions to shit on barbarians elsewhere.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.