[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ >be in a delayed entry program (NUPOC) >About
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: OCS_training.jpg (27 KB, 250x166) Image search: [Google]
OCS_training.jpg
27 KB, 250x166
Sup /k/
>be in a delayed entry program (NUPOC)
>About to graduate from college
>ship out to navy ocs in two months
>haven't started to physically condition myself for ocs
>can only run a 15 min 1.5
>start looking into what navy ocs is like
>horror stories of failed PT and being rolled into the fatty class with delayed graduation
>other stories of people just plain getting kicked out for PT/tests/inspections
>start to panick realizing I'm pretty much fucked because I have not prepared at all
>Imagine the horrible reality I will be that shithead in class who is always last and gets chewed out

Any of you been through ocs/boot camp and can give some advice on how to make it through? I'm real spooked.
>>
More exercise
>>
>>29511515
Would running daily sufficiently prepare me do you think, or is two months not enough time to not be shit?
>>
>>29511550
You won't be sufficiently prepared no matter what you do, but get your ass moving right now.
>>
>>29511715
I would say that 2 hours of intense exercise like wrestling practice would get you in shape so join a wrestling club.
>>
few hours of intense exercise every other day

also eat healthy lots of veggie and proteins like meat until you ship
>>
>>29511550
Without any knowledge of your physical condition (aside from the fact they let you join) I'd say yes, 2 months is plenty time to prep, as long as you USE it. Don't pussy foot around or go easy on yourself just to meet the minimums.
>>
>>29511501
Get your fat worthless ass off of 4chan and go train. Jesus Christ anon, if you're retarded enough to have to ask, then nothing any of us say is going to make any difference, because you're already brain-fucked.
>>
>>29511760
Jesus christ no
>>29511501
start cardio, theres plenty of couch to 10k programs out there. then do pushups and crunches every morning and evening 5-6 times a week
>>
>>29511501
Is it OCS or OIS? The Navy's Officer Indoctrination School for medical types and nuclear physicists is a fucking joke. No physical preparation necessary.
>>
>>29511550
Run a 5k every day. And I mean every. Fucking. Day. When I was younger I started doing that 3 months in advance of a mountain climb I was going to do so that I could at least get a little endurance training in. On the first run I had to stop halfway through to puke, by the end of it I was able to summit the mountain while everyone else struggled behind me. Just get your fucking body moving. You'll condition your lungs, you'll get used to the punishment of exercise, and you'll wake up muscles you never knew you had. And maybe, MAYBE doing a daily 5k will prepare you for what you'll face in pt. probably not, but fuck man, it's better than nothing.
>>
>>29511760
Is this how you get in shape in Serbia?
>>
>>29511501
>can only run a 15 min 1.5
Are you fucking walking it? Get off 4chan and get running, you do not want to be the last one in PT everytime.
>>
>>29511550
As many others have pointed out - get your ass moving today. Quit thinking about the calendar and how many days you have left and commit to pushing yourself to exercise more today than you did yesterday, more exercise tomorrow than you did today and so on.... you will succeed.
>>
>>29511834
not him, but if you're inactive enough you'll get some whack times, I used to be able to run 6:40 miles in high school, but I stopped running when I graduated. I'm graduating college in a year and I just restarted and when I began I did a 14:30 1.5, a couple of months later, I did an 11:20. OP's probably less fit than I was, so it's not too out there for someone just starting
>>
>>29511501
I just got back home from AIT in the Army, getting sent to Fort Drum in two weeks.

Don't worry about PT, the Navy does PT only like three times a week and it's all soft shit. You won't get kicked out for failing your PT tests, they give you so many tests until you pass.
If you're not a trouble maker, you won't be noticed.
>>
>>29511501

Start running, bro. Set that treadmill for high speed, don't grab the rails, and haul ass. Don't stop. You might be faster than you think.
>>
>>29511798

No he's a sub bro he's going to regular OCS.
>>
>>29511888
a 6:40 mile is still slow.
>>
>>can only run a 15 min 1.5

What the fuck is wrong with you?

And you think two months isn't worth the time to fix this? Get running you lazy cunt.
>>
>>29513803
Mmm... you sure can do better can't you, average /k/ user.
>>
>>29511501
how are you this shit even after not doing phys for 10 months i still run a 1.5 miler in full rig (25kg/55lbs for you yank cunts) faster than that and i wasnt even a PT god when i was at my fittest get a fucking grip and get running
>>
>>29513803
>6:40 mile slow
I see we have a high-school sprinter here, unfamiliar with how grown-up PT works
>>
>>29513828
i run a sub 9 minute 1.5 miler and smoke 30 a day. granted im only 20 so still in my good years
>>29513857
lol im a shit sprinter just have good CV. 6:40 is slow in general let alone for a fucking 18 year old.

both of you must be fat civvy neets if you think 6:40 is a fast time
>>
>>29513985
6:40 is just decent for mid 20s and younger, I have fucked up legs and I just got back to around this time
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.