[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Australian /k/ general: Part 3 "The eternal enemy" Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8
Old thread
>>29493700

>Things you are waiting to get licensed
>Huntan
>NFA and state firearm acts review speculation

SBS INSIGHT Guns episode aired on Wednesday 8:30pmAEST. Panel stacked like pallets and nothing but a feel train as expected.

COAG style meeting happening in NZ next week with guns being the issue, Minister Keaton has stated the federal government will NOT be looking to change firearm laws, but the state governments (the ones who matter) are still undecided and are attending the above mentioned COAG meeting.

Reminder for Westfags to get your additional applications in asap. Licensing is changing over to a new system coming into affect on the 29th of April, the switchover starts on the 18th and no licenses will be processed until the 29th.

If any lurking no-guns need help understanding how to get a license, ask away and we'll help anyway we can
>>
>>29510602
Source on Keenan Quote
http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/no-plan-to-change-australias-gun-laws-says-justice-minister-michael-keenan/news-story/bc431724c0b31fac07d25fc731168c64#pd_a_9375895

Source on firearm COAG meeting
See pic and check the twitter feed to confirm.
>>
>>29510602
Show was a fucking laugh, brother Anon. Fuck the Greens and their faggotry.
>>
>>29510661
It was bad, but it's a taste of what we are going to get on the 20th of PA.
>>
>>29510661
why did the greens guy sound like biggest poof i've ever heard

the shooters guy seemed like some qld station owner

man fuck why are the greens so against basic rights

they are all for weed but guns is a no no

what happened to personal liberties and shit like that?

but heh sjw want to erode your liberties wherever their feelings get hurt
>>
ayy lads, just ordered a pair of impact sports and a vortex crossfire for my cz 452. What k related shit does everyone else have coming in the mail?
>>
>>29510957
20 enfield chargers and 10 clips each for my mosin and mauser. Not paying $2 each here when I can get them for 20c.
>>
>>29510985
Mfw last time i shot my mauser, i was closing the bolt with the clips still in as god intended and now there is dirt and sand stuck all in behind the springy bit and i can feel it all scraping around when i load them up with rounds
>>
File: basedfam.png (248 KB, 351x337) Image search: [Google]
basedfam.png
248 KB, 351x337
In case anyone missed the Insight episode on Guns: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsXA_17WiE
>>
>>29511020
Why I love enfield chargers, no moving parts at all just a single bit of metal.
>>
File: image.jpg (185 KB, 1080x607) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
185 KB, 1080x607
>>29511063
True, i love the mini "ping" the enfield chargers make, its like a garand. Too bad my lee enfield is fucked though, the last few inches of the rifling is pretty much totally worn out so the bullets tumble and go everywhere every time

Have a guess which marks are from my nugget and which are from my lithgow
>>
File: 102958151125125132.jpg (4 MB, 3156x2164) Image search: [Google]
102958151125125132.jpg
4 MB, 3156x2164
Recent acquisition pic related
Got in early thanks to /k/, waiting lists for Adlers are still months but should shorten down with their copy coming out also.

>>29511058
I'll give it a watch but apparently governments not going tighten any more laws any time soon despite Howards "call to action" or whatever.

>>29511107
dat 7.62x54r
>>
When can you Ausfags get freedom? Why are you reverting back too your prison state?
>>
>>29511140
This might very well be our first step.
>>
>>29511125
Yeah nugget food hits hard, its a pain in the ass when it knocks the whole target over and you have to walk 100 meters up to set it up again

Im waiting for the pardus reviews and then ill probably order one, they look pretty noice
>>
>>29511240
Kekked

Yeah look into em', I've head a ton of fun with my Adler, definitely recommend them.

Also, mirin the fact that you have a private range, im assuming you live on acreage...
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 511x288
>>29511302
I wish, relatives have a farm which i camp at every now and then, being able to fuck around blasting rabbits/cans/trees with milsurp beats a ssaa range any day
>>
>>29510957
Got a Vortex Crossfire for my .223, thing is amazing.
>>
>>29510602
Stay with me damn you!
>>
>>29512551
It's dead Jim.
>>
>>29513318
But not as we know it.
>>
File: 2glau.jpg (79 KB, 736x1024) Image search: [Google]
2glau.jpg
79 KB, 736x1024
Is it possible to make a living as a pest-controller with CAT-D licensing? Or is it like more a paid hobby?

I'm working in hospitality as the moment and moonlighting as a paparazzo/events photographer and I want to do something different.
>>
>>29513907
It's always going to be a loss financially and the start up cost is MASSIVE.
>>
What happened with the NFA review?
>>
>>29513907

gonna have to Gyllenhall/Nightcrawler it
>>
>>29513928
I have about $45,000 in the bank and I'm looking forward to a decent inheritance (properties etc.).

I'm only earning about $50,000 p.a. at the moment as a bar-manager. About $1,000 a month on top for my photography too.
>>
>>29513955
That should be enough for a start up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYe0Qi1J3OU

This guy can help you, he explains the process far better than I could. I'm sure he would help you out on FB too if you message him on the topic.

I would however hold off until the NFA review is over in case things get easier/harder due to law changes.
>>
>>29511058
I don't want to click that shit, I assume it's just buzzwords and feelz?
>>
>>29514767
Understatement of the century.
>>
>>29513955
It won't replace your full time job.
Most/all pest destruction guys I know(inc chopper shooters) have a main job, or at least semi-retired.
>>
File: Ayyyyyyyy.jpg (205 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
Ayyyyyyyy.jpg
205 KB, 720x960
Post hunting pics cunts
>>
>>29513907
Yesterday a fella with a cat-D said its basically a charity and a pain in the arse
>>29500033
(towards end of the thread)
>>
>>29517443
Depends on the state, how you run it, what you're willing to do etc.
You *can* make a living off of it, however it's more of a side business you put a lot in to.
People talk about doing it just to get Cat D, no, just no that is not how it works. Even people who try and become firearm instructors just for Cat D can fuck off, it's not how it works.
>>
>>29510811
The best bit is the NSW greens don't like weed either
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.