[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So... I want to buy my first firearm specifically for home defense.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1442968308464.jpg (80 KB, 520x750) Image search: [Google]
1442968308464.jpg
80 KB, 520x750
So...

I want to buy my first firearm specifically for home defense. I want a glock. I need a glock. Unfortunately I do not know which model to go with.
I need input.
>>
>>29508431
17, 23, or 19 look at those and determine what best fits your needs and what you think can provide ammo, maintenance and love for
>>
>>29508431
Why would you use a grenade for home defense?
>>
>>29508447
I will definitely look into those 3.

Why those models specifically?
>>
>>29508431
Why wouldn't you get something like a shotgun for home defense? A glock is more of a carry weapon.
>>
>>29508478
not him, but the 19 and 17 are both 9mm models, the only differences being, the 19 is smaller, and can use the 17 magazines.

Im not familiar with the 23 however.
>>
>>29508492
I dont want to obliterate the intruder..
>>
glock 33
>>
>>29508478

19 or 17 is your best bet

>17 a true full size, 17+1 capacity
>9mm

19 a better all around fun

>smaller so better for carry
>still 15+1 9mm

Holsters for both easy as fuck to find.
>>
>>29508431

Glock 19.

Glock 19 is 9mm. You want 9mm. Other options are simply inferior. .45 has less capacity. .40 is shit and you should already know why.

The glock 19 is smaller than the 17 but not too small. It can be used comfortably and effectively by anyone who doesn't have shovels for hands. It is good for concealed carry. While you're looking for HD, that is not a bad quality to have and simply gives the gun even more versatility. The glock 19 can use all the same mags as the 17, so your capacity is not limited by its smaller size.

The glock 17 would not be a bad choice, but it offers essentially no advantage over the 19.
>>
The 23 is the .40 version in compact. Just like a 19 in size. Its shit. 19 all the way.
>>
>>29508528
>>29508561
>>29508575
Thank you.

I will research the 19 extensively.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.