[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short barreled shotgun discrimination in burgerland
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: escopeta.jpg (60 KB, 800x421) Image search: [Google]
escopeta.jpg
60 KB, 800x421
Let me get this straight
>Be burger
>Shotgun too big for close quarters
>Saw off the barrel to make make it easier to handle
>Automatically have to pay a fine of 250.000 dollars and go to jail like if you are some pedo or drug dealer
Just what?
Here people don't even bother with all the gun laws, neither they are enforced, because i live in a third world country.
But i still don't get why the short barreled shotguns are so demonized in america, also today criminals have better firearms than some old shortie shotgun.
But still you are treated like a dangerous criminal just for having a firearm with a barrel 2 inches lower than some arbitrary law, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Can some american bother to explain this nonsense?
>>
>>29507868
>fine of 250 dollars

Nigga what
>>
>>29507868
because in burgerland we elect morons and pathetic she-men to public office.
>>
>>29507881
Yuropoors and South Americans write $250,000.50 as $250.000,50

Welcome to the internet.
>>
>>29507868
Criminals in the past used to cut down the shotgun barrels short like that in order to conceal them and use it in shootouts or on someone minding their own business.

So the gun law that restricted the use of that method was implemented in order to try and minimize the criminals conceal carrying stuff like thag and in their theory it was supposed to make the law abiding citizens pay a tax fee and shit just to have the short barrel stuff like that and those that didn't do this was deemed the criminals that where doing all the bullshit.

Also black people where also looked down on due to them doing this shit which is also one of the reasons there was gun laws restricting open csrrying because of black people open carrying in some states.
>>
>>29507868
Can some brit or aussie explain to me why you cant own semi auto 5.56's or .308's?
>>
>>29507927
Well i think that in britbongistan you can't own almost anything without the nanny state harassing you.
They even have knife bins.
>>
>>29507945
Anyway pakis don't follow the gun laws only dumb brits do.
>>
Sawed-off is illegal, but if it is a very old (like 1800's) gun, some states have exceptions to guns based on their age and consider them legal "antiques"
>>
>>29507997
>Sawed-off is illegal
No shit, i do know that they are ilegal but i mean, what is the reason that in the current year they are still being chased because some old shit law, why there is no movement to repeal such retarded ban.
>>
>>29507868

Trying to understand the National Firearms Act will make your head hurt.

But, shotguns and rifles under a certain length, and pistols designed to use both hands (with a front grip) were determined to be of no value to a militia or what the fuck ever and were made regulated out of most people's purchase range by the creation of a $200 tax. In 1934 that was a relatively huge amount of money.

The system is still in place despite the standard service rifle BEING a short barrel rifle, clearly of use to a militia. The difference really is that $200 tax isn't as big of a deal due to our currency being shit.
>>
>>29507927
>semi auto 5.56/.308
lol no, the only legal semi autos in aus are pistols (and carbines)
>>
Meanwhile in Canada we can own shotguns with barrels shorter than 10 inches if they were manufactured this way (Dominon Arms Grizzly, Outlaw, Backpacker)
>>
>>29508172
>>29507919
not them, but additionally the NFA intention was to regulate handguns to the same level as machineguns. The SBR and SBS clauses were added to stop improvised handguns. Since Congress wouldn't pass the law with the restriction on standard handguns and the SBR/SBS was already agreed on, it is just an unfortunate legislative compromise. Efforts to demonize the SBR/SBS are just to legitimize
and cover up the oversight.
>>
>>29507868
there is no explaining, its just a bullshit law
>>
>>29507868
I can't tell you why a road warrior special is so much worse than a regular shotgun, but the legislation behind it is known as the NFA.
it prohibits us from owning shit like machine guns, short barreled rifles, short barreled shotguns, pistols with stocks (like the broomhandle mauser that had one) and other things, without a metric fuckload of paperwork and a lot of money.
this was all to make america "safer" but it has failed.
is your third world country one we burgers have bombed to shit or have we not checked it off the list yet?
>>29508337
yeah but you guys have to have ARs where to reload you gotta pop it open and reload it like a mosin.
fuck that.
>>29508242
what's a carbine there, then?
I'm legitimately curious about how your tyrannical gun laws work.
>>
>>29508082
Because the American public is so stupid that they believe a shorty shotgun can blow a person in half thanks to movies/vidya
>>
>>29508337
meanwhile in Australia we can shorten the barrels to 10 inches (in my state anyway) But we can't have half of the other cool shit. We really do live in upside down land......
>>
File: Fistful of Frags.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fistful of Frags.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
Fuck the ATF I do what I want
>>
File: BAT1.png (95 KB, 400x306) Image search: [Google]
BAT1.png
95 KB, 400x306
>>29507997
No they aren't.
Just requires proper tax and paperwork.

>>29507868
Who knows. They're easy to manufacturer through legal avenues (read: physically simple, barring time.)

NFA was originally written to curb gang activity by creating severe penalties for non-violent, and victimless crimes. It created pseudo-gun control, by effectively only allowing the rich to own NFA items. $200 in 1934 was roughly $3,583.71 in today's money.
>>
>>29509620
sir I'm doing a government survey, first question, do you happen to own any dogs?
if so, please describe them in detail.
>>
Blame the greedy not the needy.

Robin Hood

Forget about laws and do whatever you need to to survive as you need be. Be slick and think it all through... Above all else, trust and believe in allah ja mean. fa real.
>>
>>29509652
Just one. He's about 5'10, goes by the name Johnson, and works in your office.
>>
>>29509620

tell me, is firing that thing one handed really as much of a wrist raper as I've heard it is?
>>
>>29509704
Yes. Yes it is.
>>
File: 1372221936547.jpg (641 KB, 1863x2555) Image search: [Google]
1372221936547.jpg
641 KB, 1863x2555
>>29509636
The tax stamps required for each transfer or manufacture is $200, which is where that becomes relevant.

The NFA also defines and criminalizes special weapons and concealability of those weapons.

It was all and still is part of a sick agenda. I'm not a conspiracy type guy, but the equation for absolute power is simple. There's two ways of getting somebody to do something, persuasion and force.
And if you own all the force, you own all the people. And since in the US you can only govern with the consent of the governed... if you own the people, you own the US.

I hope this offers valuable insight on why some Americans are very adamant about firearms ownership, and why laws like these would be enacted.
>>
>>29509521
>yeah but you guys have to have ARs where to reload you gotta pop it open and reload it like a mosin.

wtf are you talking about? Semi auto centerfire rifles are limited to 5 round mags and that's it
>>
>>29509754
from most every canadian i've talked to, they've said that ARs have to have captive 5 round mags.
sure you guys get SBS but you're cucked on everything else.
>>
>>29507927
Too scary. Think of the children.
Basically 20 years ago our government just decided to ban them and there was nothing we could do about it and there was no constitutional right standing in their way. Not to mention like 80% of the country supported new laws because the vast majority of people here live in safe-zone cities where guns are only in spy movies.
>>
>>29507919
>>29508172
>>29508340

Not OP, but these were all pretty informative and much better answers than I expected to find in this thread.
>>
>>29507909
It's a flat $200 tax stamp.
>>
>>29508337
In the US, there's a weird law that allows you to buy a shotgun with a 14" barrel if you get it with an OEM pistol grip. Because fuck making sense right?
>>
>>29510036
>A willful attempt to evade or defeat a tax imposed by the National Firearms Act is a felony punishable by up to five years in prison and a $100,000 fine ($500,000 in the case of a corporation or trust), under the general tax evasion statute.

>For an individual, the felony fine of $100,000 for tax evasion could be increased to $250,000.
>>
>>29509636

If you're going to say 'roughly' there's no point in accuracy to two decimal places

t. Masters in Internet Linguism
>>
>>29509708

your such a faggot with weak wrists I shot my friends 20 gauge shotgun with combat grips and it didn't hurt at all but he had to use two hands lol
>>
>>29510221
That's nice, dear.
>>
You understood it with arbitrary. Governmental regulatory organizations are fucking stupid.
>>
>>29507927

Knee jerk reactions and a case of "You dont need that!"

No one has a clue or even seen let alone firearms outside of the military, farmers and those who are into sport shooting. There has been an increase in police carry pistols and the pussier members of the public started to flap because there might be a gun near them.
>>
>>29508340
What would have happened if theydid iimplement the handguns?
>>
I wish it was 1950 the time where we still can walk into surplus stores and pick s rifle out of the racks or from the barrel stands and just buy the rifle in cash first hands without all the hassles.

I remember how when we where young we would go over to the surprlus store every now and then after school to buy an old rifle with the bayonet and we kids would go on over back to our front yard and just throw the rifke with the bayonet at the tree to score a point on the game we played together.

So many things have changed for the worse but hopefully when I finally pass away I will get to relive my old childhood memories again.

Being old really sucks in this hostile world and Into sorry for all those that are young that have to now live in this world the way it is now because you have no idea what it was like back then.

Imagine a society that didn't look down on firearms and people that where extremely anti gun where viewed as literally crazy people.
>>
>>29512204
Sorry for any errors in my typing my eyes are not like they used to be anymorr
>>
>>29507868

Do not buy or sell short barrel shotguns.
t. Randy Weaver
>>
SBS and SBR exist because that pinko commie FDR wanted to make pistols NFA items too. So these categories were created to make sure people didn't work around it by chopping down long guns.
>>
>>29510221
And then we all totally drank beer and smoked cigarettes 420 blaze it you fucking faggots then I went and stuck my dick in this girls mouth and came in her throat no for real you guise I'm totally serious stop laughing at me
>>
>>29507997
Federally, a gun is antique if made before 1899 I believe. However, the NFA trumps antique status, so a pretty 1899 SBR/SBS or machine gun still has to be registered.

In theory tho, constitution trumps all, but the government likes to ignore that fact.
>>
>>29512252
So your saying it was either make short rifles and short shotguns or put handguns in the list that would make them the most retarded shit hard to get?

Well then I guess we take it or leave it.
>>
>>29510221
>20 gauge
>strong recoil

Fuck of m8
>>
>>29512304
NFA doesn't trump antique status, it just has a slightly different definition of antique than the GCA. That's what confuses a lot of people.
>>
>>29513119
Looked into it. Yea NFA definition differs slightly but is also more restrictive. Has to either be black powder or be made before 1899 and be literally impossible to get ammo short of handloading.

That being said, anyone know of any pre 1899 machine guns that use calibers that are no longer manufactured by anyone?
>>
>>29513398
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvator-Dormus_M1893

8x50 mannlicher isn't available in U.S. Therefore this SHOULD be a perfectly kosher antique machine gun. Couldn't find any others sadly.
>>
>>29512312
He wanted pistols on nfa. In anticipation he also made sure people didn't cut down long guns. Pistols didn't end up on nfa.
>>
>>29507868
Always wanted one. It seems like it is, almost, the perfect home defense weapon.
>>
>>29510198
It was a rough calculation.
>>
>>29512148

handguns would costs thousands of dollars and be extremely rare. Importation of handguns would also be illegal.
>>
>>29513490
Pre-1899 Colt potato digger in 6mm Lee Navy and Maxim pom-pom in 37x94R would also qualify
>>
>>29510221
Try 12gauge 3in magnums.

Just don't use your jerking hand.
>>
A lot of times, our government bans... 'scary' looking weapons basically... like "The shoulder thing that goes up"... or 'barrel shrouds' Plus a a shotgun "can fire "dozens of bullets in one shot". so they are deemed more dangerous. And yes I've heard that argument, that there are more baby killing rounds in a shotgun and it can murder a whole room in one shot...
>>
>>29507868
Where do you live?
>>
>>29509763
5 rounds, yes, captive fuck no. Even in Quebec they don't have that
>>
File: 4C 1011.jpg (340 KB, 820x1102) Image search: [Google]
4C 1011.jpg
340 KB, 820x1102
>>29507868
Every time you see some stupid ass old weapon related law that doesn't seem to make sense it's usually gang/organized crime related. Such is the case with the short barreled/ sawed off shotgun.

Naturally, murderers, armed robbers, and hitmen abandoned these weapons in exchange for legal ones. Thank you, US Government...thank you for saving countless lives.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.