[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ol' Chuck Schumer is at it again, this time the fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
Ol' Chuck Schumer is at it again, this time the fucking gun hasn't even come out yet.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gun-that-looks-like-iphone-draws-senators-ire/

About the gun itself, it looks like it's just a little derringer type gun that has a folding grip, it doesn't seem to be that extraordinary.
>>
>>29507278
that would probably be classified as an AOW like pen guns and the like before it
>>
>>29507278
This gun has been around for years......

it is a sky marshalls backup weapon. Seen one in person many moons ago going thru an airport. Their 10 year secrecy patent/contract has expired and are now going to sell it to the public.
>>
>>29507291

Negative; it has to be opened to be fired.

If it could be fired while looking like a phone it would be an AOW.

It's like a pen gun vs a pen gun that you have to twist and fold into a gun shape. Weird, I know.
>>
>>29507352
well damn, I may have to get one then.
>>
>>29507278

Chuck schumer is a statist asshole

Fuck that nigga
>>
>>29507278
Thank you Chuck. Without you I would have never heard of this wonderful firearm. I may have to pick one up.
>>
>>29507420
I'm from NY dude, I'm well aware of that. I wish him, Cuomo and the rest of the downstate elite would fuck off.
>>
>>29507442

I'm so glad I live in the based south
>>
>>29507352
>>29507412

Additionally, regarding the Stinger Pengun and how some things are Not AOWs:

Stinger's Pengun was able to avoid the "Any Other Weapon" designation by meeting four requirements: It cannot be fired when it is in its straight position; the handle is at an angle of more than 30 degrees from the barrel when it is in the firing position; it can be fired with one hand; and the handle is a functional part of the weapon.
>>
>>29507278
If they really want to fuck with muggers' heads they'd make a gun you can disguise as a wallet.
>>
Interesting novelty, but there's a million better compact pistols that does everything this thing does but better, sans looking like a phone.
>>
>>29507278
Going to post this everyday huh?
>>
>>29507656
I've been away from /k/ for a few days, didn't know that people have been posting this.

>>29507630
True, but do those guns come with Salty Schumer Tears™?
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 400x250
>>29507521
They did already. Several of them, and holsters too.
>>
>>29507705

>holster
>no trigger coverage

Pick one
>>
I looked at the website. Two taps of .380 doesn't seem like enough
>>29507521
that would be an AOW
>>
>>29507278
how does it work?
DAO with a staggered trigger like a shotgun?

it should have little plastic caps covering the barrel that get blown out when you shoot it
to help prevent fouling, and to better the disguise

DESU the grip looks flimsy as fuck, there must be a better design
>>
>>29507521

That would be glorious

"Gimme your wallet! And don't you dare point it at me!"
>>
>>29507442
I just wish upstate ny can declare independence from NYC. I'm not from New York but I have to drive through your shitstae the occasionally and I'm very nervous ccing. Can't wait for trump and his federal ccw license
>>
>>29507463
Based south. Where people don't give a shit about how offended SJW and LGBT groups get.
>>
>>29507808
I wish we would, too. Unfortunately, I don't foresee the assholes in Albany allowing it to ever happen.
>>
I wonder how you reload it, that's pretty important.
I get that it is just a backup "oh fuck" shot, but would it be too hard to put a flip up front blade sight or something?
>>
>>29507675
There's a thread everyday or every two fucking days. Kill yourself or check desuatorage.
>>
>>29507838
They will have no say in the matter. Faggot marriage license valid in all states- what a quaint idea. Let's do the same with CCW, just like the drivers license. Only difference driving is a privilege and as such it's still recognized in all 50 states, while owning a firearm is a right and it's infringed severely in some states. Before some smart faggot opines that scotus ruled that actually concealedt carrying a gun is not in the constitution- you and them can go fuck yourself. Shall not be infringed, no more compromises no more mr cuck guy
>>
>>29507278
>it doesn't seem to be that extraordinary.

Extraordinarily stupid marketing.
>>
>>29507857
I would suspect that the gun is so inacurate, it's unstable in the hand etc. that if you need sights you arn't going to hit anything

probably more usefull to press to the back of someones head when they arn't paying attention, or make a wounding shot to the body to save other people
because with two shots, your odds if you have to reload arn't great
>>
I think this is a bad idea but not for the reasons stated.

Police already are trigger happy and even claim phones that people use to record them could be a weapon. Now they would have a legitimate excuse to claim that.
>>
>>29507931
probably a realistic consideration
cops have to deal with so much shit like that now

upside is they would probably not be shooting straight white christian men and women
>>
>>29507278
There's already problems with people filming police with their cell phones, especially in chaotic situations, where police could mistake it for a gun. I feel like if this becomes a thing it will only stoke the fire
>>
>>29507970
meh i doubt these will sell very many
>>
>>29508029
how many they sell isn't the thing affecting change here
it's the belief of the broader police force

sure most cops probably wouldn't even know these existed, but if a cop gets shot with one the effects would be disproportionate

and it might also lead to police trying to grab peoples phones to check them out, which would cause resistance

the circles of people filming cops you get now would turn into execution squads in the minds of police when one person could just unfold their phone

might seem like an exaggeration, but it would only need to affect a few cops on that level
>>
/pol/ is always right. there is no exception.
>>
>>29507278
Just think, because Trump is so unpopular that not only are we going to have President Clinton but good old Chuck Schumer could end up the Senate majority leader when the Republicans lose the senate.

This gun will be the least of their concern.
>>
>>29508142
>>29508160
get out /pol/, we're having a sensible discussion here
>>
>>29508142
This is an uncomfortable truth
>>
>>29507304
Bullshit. The company claiming to make the gun has never even made a single one.
>>
not sure there would be a real advantage over a ruger LCP that carrie more rounds and has a propper handle
or one of those really thin 45/9mm double shots

>but they don't look like a phone
true, but you arn't going to get a propper pat down when you're going to use one of these, and you don't need to unfold them

if someone picked up one of these iphone guns I suspct it would be imediately evident because the iphone is just so common
...or they would not give it back to you, because they are a mugger
>>
>>29508374
Are you drunk?
>>
File: DT9mm.jpg (77 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DT9mm.jpg
77 KB, 1280x960
>>29507278
Not sure what the big deal is. Cops shoot people all the time, so what if they got an iPhone in their hand.
>>
>>29508423
care to define that criticism in some way?

your ruger LCP carries five or 7 rounds or 9mm browning
and while some people might say the 9mm browning lacks power, in the kind of situation you would probably be using a pocket pistol (as a holdout weapon or a backup, where carrying a full size or a second full size gun wouldn't be appropriate) the criticisms of the round are less relevant
there were some manufacture issues with them, but my understanding is that the ones that work work

and as for the doubletap guns I was talking about >>29508438 (pic related) that come in 9mm or 45acp, you are getting more power than an iphone gun and you don't need to unfold it

so is the gun looking like an iphone really worth it?
>>
>>29508710
I was actually referring to how you structured your post.
>>
>MFW my job doesn't allow phones but has no problem with concealed carry
>>
>so is the gun looking like an iphone really worth it?

Since it's probably going to be classified as an AOW, yes.
>>
>>29507763

Why the fuck is desu a thing again

And don't try to be a smart 'lol how new r u it's always been a thing'
>>
>>29508880
It's because you don't have a 4chan Gold pass.
>>
>>29508880
>don't try to be smart
haha it happens if you dont have a 4chan pass

>>29508798
haha well I can wear that
>>
File: I fart bullets.jpg (159 KB, 694x900) Image search: [Google]
I fart bullets.jpg
159 KB, 694x900
>>29507705
Why not skip the middle man?
>>
File: 20150814_195703.jpg (1 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20150814_195703.jpg
1 MB, 4128x2322
>>29507442
>>29507808
>>29507838
Yup, our state is run by a bunch of corrupt, shit bags. Pic is from the helderberg rod and gun club
>>
>>29507437
You should get a campaign going, where grateful gun owners flood Schumer's mailbox with thank-you notes for making them aware of this swell new thing.

Extra points for mentioning that you'll get a few for the wife and kids, as well.
>>
>>29507278
I gotta say he's funnier than his ugly fat cousin. She's not funny and her movies suck. I'm buying one just to piss off liberals.
>>
>>29512660
This is a great idea.
>>
>>29507442
you have been cucked by chuck.
>>
>>29512660
What do you mean, Anon? Isn't this hilarious!!! She's slave leia and blowing a lightsaber. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET IT!??!!?
>>
>>29507278
Be honest, how many of you (implying the NFA was used to light a pyre under fienstien and other traitors and it's ashes were snorted by Ted Nugent) would buy a cellphone case that contained a 2 shot .410 derringer?

-posted from my Taurus DiePhone6
>>
>>29512794
https://youtu.be/mkoPq5AOCOA
What runs through my head every time I see Ms. Piggy there.
>>
File: 1459240570888.png (418 KB, 1600x1256) Image search: [Google]
1459240570888.png
418 KB, 1600x1256
>>29507860
>You should always be checking archives to make sure any thread remotely similar to yours has never ever been posted ever

Fuck off, man. So you get the fucking awful experience of seeing a similar question or picture posed to the board every day or so. I'm deeply sorry that you are so personally offended by this that you feel the need to tell someone to kill themselves. I'm so deeply sorry that you're probably so socially and physically inept that all you do every hour of every day is sit in front of your computer screen and get personally offended when you see a repeat of anything on /k/. I'm so deeply sorry that you're so insecure about yourself and the things you take part in that you get vocally angry when someone asks an honest question and has enough of a life that they don't have the time to sift through an archive.

Take your autism somewhere else, or just hide the thread and move on instead of wasting your own precious little time to come in and waste ours by doing nothing useful outside of being a waste of space in this thread.
>>
>>29508003
Maybe it means they'd actually have to be fucking competent and disciplined now. I get that there are times when police officers can be under a lot of stress, and I get that in those times you do things reflexively that may not be the right move, but I fail to see how someone recording a police action with a phone, who I'd imagine would be well enough removed from the action, could be mistaken as a threat. Also, the way you hold a phone to record video is much different from how you'd hold a gun. Like, how do they fuck that up?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.