[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /k/, I have a serious issue with beavers and need help. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4
File: infinity_mad.jpg (54 KB, 497x732) Image search: [Google]
infinity_mad.jpg
54 KB, 497x732
So /k/, I have a serious issue with beavers and need help. I have roughly 180 acres of WRP land around my house, with duck ponds scattered about the property. There are seven dams and three lodges that have been built, destroyed and rebuilt for the better part of a year and I am sick of them. Here's a recap of the past year:
>three sleepless nights attempting to kill them as they leave their lodge, failed
>six stuck vehicles, including a tractor, attempting to break some of the dams
>two snake bites (nonvenomous, thankfully) and an alligator almost grabbing my leg
>two accidental wildfires that may or may not have been caused by me
>having to get out of my driveway via canoe due to drainage issues
>lost a 300 dollar game camera (they ate the tree it was on, and it was placed there to track them)
>countless minor injuries

So as you can see I am desperate at this point. Here are some ideas I have, and need your guys help with:
>destrying the dams beyond repair, via tannerite or other explosive means
>trapping the bastards and torturing them until they take me to the others
>catching a bunch of alligators (louisiana mosquitokin) and putting them in the ponds to sort the problem out for me

My question is, what is the limit on how much tannerite I can have/use/make before it becomes a DHS issue?
>>
>>29506433
330 connibears and dynamite dude.
>>
>>29506451
Never heard of it. Explain?
>>
OP here, does anyone have a list of legal explosive compounds that are easily accessible?
>>
Sounds like you have a problem, just buy a problem solver to sort it out.
>>
http://www.wildlife-removal.com/beaver.htm
>>
>>29506875
How much do those run?
>>
Where in Louisiana? Never knew we had beavers. Would you like some help? I'm in the north shore but drive regularly to Texas. I'll swim up the lodge and kill them.
>>
>>29506433
You can make tannerite bombs pretty fucking big without issue.
>>
>>29506433
tannerite is the most fun idea.

Gasoline and some matches would probably be more effective though. Just burn the dam. If the gas fumes don't drive them out, the flames will.
>>
File: Remove master log, get profit.jpg (169 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
Remove master log, get profit.jpg
169 KB, 576x432
>>29506433
Get chest waders and rope. Homer Simpson is right. Somewhere buried under all that silt and sand there is a master log. remove that by brute force and the rest you should just be able to push downstream. As for the lodge light that shit on fire if it is surrounded by water. If you have tannerite put it in glass jars with half a pound each, blow up the dam piece by piece and one one-pounder on top of the lodge should do the trick. Gator wrestling is a bad idea. I should not have to explain that. Buy a Pulaski tool to start hacking and whacking at the lodge, should that be a last resort. A pulaski's spade end works wonders. on all the dirt that go into those things. They come back, hate to see 'em die but there is no way. I have seen beaver come from up to five miles away to reclaim their property.
>>
>>29507089
Dude I'm in tensas parish. That's about a 4 hour drive from where you're at
>>
Lol loved that episode. Yeah, I'd rather not kill them, but this is fucking ridiculous. I've destroyed their dams before. Burned, dozed, pulled apart, it doesn't matter. I haven't found a way aside from death by bullet poisoning that removes beavers
>>
>>29507615
Tannerite may not be considered by whatever LA has for a natural resource section of the government to be a safe and humane way of disposal, but it is probably the most efficient. one pound one bullet all the kills.
>>
>>29507689
Yeah that's what I need to know. You think one pound will do? I was thinking at least 2.5lbs
>>
>>29507526
Yea your right. I love to kill things though.
>>
>>29507735
Just make sure you're far enough away that you don't blow off yer leg. Flying branches might not be lawnmower bits but they'll still pack a wallop.
>>
>>29507735
Shit, if you want to do that much that is all you. Stand the hell away when you set it off. I don't want to be the one that suggested that someone should make a beaver lodge into a massive load of wood shrapnel. If you go through with this make another thread on it. I would be interested to see what happens.
>>
File: 21MZ0TG5yWL.jpg (4 KB, 294x171) Image search: [Google]
21MZ0TG5yWL.jpg
4 KB, 294x171
>>29506433
getting rid of beavers is easy. Get a few 330 connibear traps, and then make the dam leak. Place the traps so the beavers will swim through them to inspect the damage. They are completely unable to resist the sound of running water.

Remove beaver, and get $$$ for fur.

All you need to carry in is a few lbs of traps and a mattock, carrying out can be a bitch because the beavers can weigh a bunch.

Alternately drive piles into the pond and build a slab road for a driveway and enjoy living on a fishing paradise.
>>
File: full-10775-13707-1030111108.jpg (116 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
full-10775-13707-1030111108.jpg
116 KB, 900x675
>>29508200
>>
>>29508200
>provides non-tannerite solution
Well you're no fun
>>
>>29508259
A 44 inch round AAA beaver pelt was worth $800 this fall.

I know his won't be AAA, and won't be 44 inch class, but even if all he's got is shitty little beavers, he's still looking at throwing away a couple hundred dollars if he blows them all up, and if he doesn't, they'll rebuild shockingly fast.

No, you trap them until they stop repairing the dam (which means you have got them all, because the instinct to build a dam where they can hear running water is inescapable for them) and THEN you blow up the dam.
>>
You realize that you can legally buy explosives for this, right?

Just pick up a few sticks of Tovex and some blasting caps, and then kill as many fuckers as you can with .22

If you know anyone that likes hunting and isn't a muppet, invite them over to hunt the little fuckers.
>>
>>29508363
That is fair and reasonable, even if it does delay the use of explosives. Tip for OP learn to brain tan
>>
>>29508363
OP here. Jesus Fuck I had no idea they were so valuable still. I have a buddy who is a taxidermist, so I'm sure he could help me tan and work the hides in trade for a few hunts or some shit like that.

>>29508122
>>29508130
Yeah, I was going to be at least 150 yards away before I shot it. I even through about mixing up some thermite to set off and let them burn.
>>
>>29508499
The Chinese love fur.

Prices have been consistently high for years.

I don't trap serious, but the little I do keeps me well stocked in ammo, I got 4 AAA beavers in the 44+ size range last fall, and that was Christmas for the family and a few cases of ammo for me.
>>29508381
No, don't tan unless you intend to keep it for your own use. Just scrape and stretch it.

If you want detailed care instructions, google your local fur buyer and then ask him. He's buying from you, so he wants your furs to be good.
>>
>>29506433
Have you tried weaponizing ants?
>>
>>29506433
it's obvious that the beavers are your superiors. you should welcome your new fury buck-toothed overlords.

they should remind of your cunt of a mother in that respect anyway.
>>
>>29508587
No, but that might be better than my idea for weaponized alligators. Got any ideas?
>>
>>29508569
Good to know. Maybe I'll kill one, make a cloak and then infiltrate their lodge and be welcomed as one of their own, then systematically eliminate them one by one.
>>
>>29508499
>thermite to set off and let them burn
you said you lived in a foresty area, right?
well if you burn that fucker out you might as well use napalm.
best bet would be tannerite, realistically.
>>29508681
>weaponized gators
I need to witness this.
problem with tannerite is that it WILL fuck up whatever river/steam/creek they've dammed.
or, since beavers are like ants, kill the queen with a high power rifle and nail her to a nearby tree, telling them that they are no longer safe.
>>
>>29508715
Yeah, I figured that would be the most effective. I'll make a video and post it here in a couple of days. I'm currently making a batch of iron oxide. Tomorrow I'm going to start on my aluminum dioxide batch.
>>
>>29508715
As for my weaponized gator idea, I was gonna catch between 5-10 6+foot alligators and release them into the ponds and let them do the work for me.
>>
>>29508800
While it is caged feed it a strict diet of earl grey tea bags soaked in cow blood. For maximum anger from it.
>>
>>29509008
Fucking lost.
>>
>>29506433
Grab someone from /a/ they are experts at repelling beaver. If you have trouble finding someone get a statue of a 12 year old anime girl and place it on the dams.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.