[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Interested in getting a Nambu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: DSC_0093.jpg (298 KB, 1028x464) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0093.jpg
298 KB, 1028x464
I'm influenced by anime /k/ and would like a Type 14 Nambu.

Can anyone tell me what I should look for? Which ones are more desirable? How is the ammo situation? (I realize I'm not going to get it at Big 5, but is it snowflake ammo?)
>>
Its snowflake ammo.
>>
>>29504096
kill yourself cartoon scum
>>
File: 1458778930734.png (22 KB, 624x375) Image search: [Google]
1458778930734.png
22 KB, 624x375
>>29504123

Check your meme gun privilege

We're all /k/omrades here
>>
File: Dillon_Nambu_Type14.jpg (546 KB, 1344x994) Image search: [Google]
Dillon_Nambu_Type14.jpg
546 KB, 1344x994
>>
>>29504367
I think it's funny that the "fire" setting is 火
parallel homonyms in both English and Japanese
>>
>>29504123 (you)
Where the fuck do you think you are?
>>
>>29504096
They are cool little pistols, but here are some things to watch out for

#1 DONT dry fire it!! You will break the firing pin, if you do or if the gun you get is busted there is a guy on line that reptips them and also makes new ones. which leads to #2

#2 Get snap caps! They will allow you to function test and dry fire the pistol without causing any damage

#3 you may need a new set of springs, wolf makes a set, affordable and simple install

#4 ammo, this is where the nambu becomes problematic, there is a guy online who sells new produced ammo, he also reloads it for you, if you send him your spent brass.

but for some reason my nambu has trouble cycling it. The gun is all tip top, my guess is the remanufactured ammo

Other than that I fucking love mine, It has a last shot hold open, but the bolt hangs on the mag, The mag won't drop free and you have to yank it out which will have the bolt slam home.

I like the think handle, and the rear cocking knob. 1911 style mag release is also a nice touch., Safety lever is not well though out in it's design / placement and you might want to not use it as it can scratch the receiver when taking it on / off, which in most cases you will see on nambus. .

Since I got mine I wanted to get a ruger standard pistol as it has similar feel, but in .22
>>
Bamp to save it from the archive
>>
>>29504702
> ... It has a last shot hold open, but the bolt hangs on the mag, The mag won't drop free and you have to yank it out which will have the bolt slam home.

A quick search turned up other descriptions of this, but left me confused. What is the purpose of this feature?

Locking the bolt open after the last round is fired makes sense if it stays open after the magazine is removed and a new one is inserted as this makes it easier to chamber the first round of the new magazine. If the bolt closes when the magazine is withdrawn, however, this feature seems to do nothing but get in the way.

I suppose locking open in the way described could allow for loading from stripper clips without removing the magazine (basically the way a C96 works), but I don't see a slot for a clip in any of the pictures I've found.
>>
>>29507427

It doesn't load from clips. It just jams the bolt open and nothing else.

IIRC a lot of older service pistols do this, apparently because the military pistol committees involved wanted a big old visual indicator that the user was out of ammo. Quick reloading was never a priority to them, just a huge "you're out of ammo" flag.
>>
>>29507427
>Your over thinking it,

It helps to let you know it's empty densu No stripper clip reload was developed for the nambu

>>29508067
This,
>>
>>29504096
Help yourself and get a Ruger Standard Mk1 instead. They're affordable and the ammo is cheap (10 gal worth of them at less than 70 bucks).

In fact, I got these to match my IJA army reenactment loadout
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.