[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What have you /k/ommandos been up to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: 2016-04-05 15.40.27.jpg (258 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-05 15.40.27.jpg
258 KB, 800x600
Anybody do anything fun this weekend, or have anything planned? Just got home last night from a weekend of shooting/camping/drinking/being innawoods with a buddy of mine, was curious how many other /k/omrades are getting up to the same.

>go to national park in SC with an outdoor rifle range since NC inexplicably doesn't have any
>can't find campsite, lose an hour talking to worthless Range Control lady and finally bumble across it
>get camp set up, get a good fire going and Brats cooking
>go over small unit and individual tactics
>eat, gear up and go innawoods
>commando creep past other campsites, slosh through a knee deep swamp, circle around
>use our site as makeshift objective and practice assaulting
>call it a great success, spend the rest of the night drinking and trying to keep the fire alive
>go to the range the next morning and shoot from 8am-1pm
>come home, put all the stuff away and enjoy a delicious cassarole my wife made

Pic related. Fun as fuck. Hopefully we'll be doing it again in a couple of weeks, maybe get some of our other gun buddies to come with us and make it a thing. So tell me /k/, what have you been doing?
>>
File: 1454210513711.png (39 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1454210513711.png
39 KB, 633x973
Getting released from the hospital in an hour, bought my first AR-15 online...

Otherwise I don't know. I can't really leave the house besides follow-up appointments for the next month.

>tfw had planned to go to Utah and see Zion, Arches, Bryce, Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef starting Friday
>tfw may not be able to go hiking for another 2+ months depending on recovery/physical therapy

A-at least I got a free gun out of my misery.
>>
>>29502988
That sucks man, but hey its not too long of a time. At least you can use that as a goal during your PT
>got a free gun out of my misery
Do tell anon
>>
File: 1454382139251.jpg (23 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1454382139251.jpg
23 KB, 720x720
>>29503070
I just turned 18, my parents are only just warming up to firearms in the house after they bought me my first rifle (Browning T-Bolt) for graduating high school nearly 2 years early.

Barely a year later, I get run over by a drunk driver when walking home from the gym. I nearly get paralyzed, back and legs are all fucked up, and it's only been this last month that I've been able to actually go out and see the world after constant surgeries and physical therapy.

This morning I slipped in the shower and landed right on where I previously had been injured... effectively setting me back several months.

So, I guilt tripped my parents and coerced them to buy an AR-15 (since I could legally have it "under my name" now), and so they did.
>>
>>29502896
Started shooting action pistol at the local range.

Shit's fun.
>>
Just worked for the most part, didn't get to shoot at all
I signed up for a dynamic pistol course in August though, want to try shooting IDPA and figure I'll get started there
>>
>>29502896
Killed some terrorists over in syria general.
>>
>>29503122
Damn, anon I'm so sorry :(
>>
>>29503122
Guilt tripped your parents didn't earn America gun with hard work and sweat. Your a big man now.
>>
>>29503122
>Blew it on a generic AR
>Could have gotten a different rifle like a FAL, PTR, M1A, Galil/Golani, Century Kalash, etc
Get well soon
>>
>>29503200
>Generic AR
I don't think a SR-15 is too generic. I was doing research, and I just chose it for shootability, quality, light recoil, etc.

I was considering a nice FAL and even a SCAR-17S, but I figured with how I am right now, I'd prefer to have a softer shooting gun. Thanks btw.

>>29503177
Thanks dude, I appreciate it.
>>
File: image.jpg (8 KB, 170x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
8 KB, 170x208
>>29503122
>Tfw there are people on /k/ who actually think there's nothing wrong with driving sauced
>>
>>29503122
>turning an injury into a personal gain
Sounds like a fucking win to me bro. So it set you back a few months, how long would you have had to work to get that AR? More than a couple months most likely, seems like you came out ahead.

Hope your shit gets better man, get out innadesert soon and scare some fucking Mormons for me.
>>
>>29503271
/k/? You mean /o/.

There are people who legitimately believe it's perfectly okay to drive drunk. It really pisses me off, especially after I had more than a year of my life ruined by one.
>>
>>29503297
I've seen it here as well
>Hurr it's my right to drive drunk if I want to arresting me for it is unconstitutional!
I have no sympathy whatsoever either
>>
File: 9p6colR.jpg (97 KB, 758x406) Image search: [Google]
9p6colR.jpg
97 KB, 758x406
>>29502896

Work.

Outside of that, trying to find a proper bronco to buy.

>tfw live in Vegas
>Can't find one without spending 10k+
>>
File: 1436263868971.webm (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1436263868971.webm
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>29503122
im sorry about the slipping in the shower part, just try and remember that with work and a good attitude you'll be able to live your life the same way you use to. 1 day at a time /k/ommrade.
>>
File: 1457331409300.gif (146 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
1457331409300.gif
146 KB, 388x400
>>29503569
I appreciate it.

It took a lot of work to get to where I was (before this morning), and it'll take a lot of work to get back there. Needless to say, it fucking sucks especially when I just began my adult life and I'm back to square 1... but there's light at the end of the tunnel. It doesn't matter if I sprint towards it or crawl, I'll make it there eventually.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.