[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay so believe it or not I am designing characters for a game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 674x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 674x228
Okay so believe it or not I am designing characters for a game.

The game takes place in 2020 in a global collapse scenario, one of the factions emergent after the collapse are the American Patriotic Front and are a group of disenfranchised militia and former military.

For the "grunts" we will have a sort of standard uniform. Maybe real tree or woodland BDU. Many will also wear jeans and plain shirts. It will be based off the civilian turned guerilla fighters you see in the IRA and in the Middle east.

I was thinking about what chest rig and equipment they would use and was thinking a basic vietnam era load carrier and a Mini 14. Some would carry shotguns and revolvers or 1911's.

Seems like something stereotypical that Id imagine american guerillas would be using.

What would this faction be using? It has to be clearly identifiable as a seperate faction of american guerillas and not government forces or foreign mercenaries.

Any assistance friends?
>>
>1911s
Sure.

>Mini-14s
Why not ARs? They're underneath every rock in the US.
>>
Another thing would be lots of bolt action rifles in wood furniture and shotguns, which you did mention. Even if someone doesn't have an AR, if they live in an even somewhat rural area, chances are they or their neighbor has a fudd gun for durr hunting.
>>
>>29501669
>Okay so believe it or not I am designing characters for a game.
ive been doing that shit for ages now, nobody's impressed.
>>
>>29501691
1911s are identifiably an american gun. And I imagine lots of them are in civilian hands.

Mini-14 seems also pretty stereotypically american. And the Government remnant forces are using M4's and M16's so I tried to switch it up.
>>
>>29501691
this; realistically theyd use their own ars (or rifles in general) because guys like that would have them
>>
>>29501708
government remnant forces would have government ars, which would be much more consistent than the variations what militias would use, even of they are the same base rifle
>>
>>29501669
>american guerrillas
wouldn't the SKS be seen pretty frequently? Glock for pistol?
>>
AR-15
SKS
Rem. 870
Rem. 700
Glock (17?)
>>
If you're adding a not so smart and/or poor character for the guerillas side, give him a Mosin.
>>
>>29501669
I can't imagine any American militia having standard guns and gear. Everyone would already have their own weapons and the ability to provide identical gear to everyone wouldn't be there.
>>
>>29501669
Can't forget mosins and durr rifles, with maybe an AKM every now and again
>>
File: hutaree_militia.jpg (76 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
hutaree_militia.jpg
76 KB, 620x350
>>29501669

A good starting point would be the Michigan militia.

You will find lots of photos and you will notice their fondness for AR-15s.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.