[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best AR-15's for the best price
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6
File: C15-TAC-M4-Rifle.jpg (1008 KB, 4432x1496) Image search: [Google]
C15-TAC-M4-Rifle.jpg
1008 KB, 4432x1496
I'm looking for some recs for an AR-15. I've only ever owned a handgun but was looking at either this Core m4 or one by Smith and Wesson.

Thoughts?
>>
>>29500620
Build, price it how you want with what you want.
>>
>>29500620
Either of those is fine. Don't fucking build one it's overrated and was the cool thing to do a while back.
>>
>>29501190
>I bought an M&P15
>>
>>29501190
Don't listen to this dipshit, now is a great time to build and you can get far more bang for your buck in doing so. Assemble a standard lower yourself and buy an assembled upper.
>>
>>29500620
Build
> Splurge on a barrel
> Get a high quality bcg
> Get a nice trigger
everything else is arbitrary

Or if you're lazy buy the M&P15 its ok
> but its going to be like buying a computer from walmart when you can get more performance building it yourself
>>
>>29501216
Nope
>>29501225
The guy has only owned a handgun and you're telling him to build something he has no experience with?

OP just save yourself any potential hassle and buy a complete rifle. None of the faggots on here will be there to help you.
>>
>>29501247
>assembling a lower and pushing two pins in to mate it with an upper
>a hassle
Just because you're a total inept retard that is literally incapable of using a hammer and punch doesn't mean OP is.
>>
>>29501247
It's not rocket science an ar15 is the lego of the firearms world. you need a torque wrench and a viceblock and an armors wrench
>>
>>29501247
Anyone can build a lower with little experience. YouTube exists.
>>
File: IMG_36491_zps60037b98.jpg (111 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_36491_zps60037b98.jpg
111 KB, 768x1024
>>29501247
A fucking chimp could build an AR you chode.
>>
>>29501270
>>29501273
>every fucking thread on /k/
>I'm interested in this
>don't get that
>get this
>>
>>29501302
>I want everyone else to make the poor choices I did
>>
>>29501275
>>29501275
You really are pretty cool guys for "building" something so easily.
>>
>>29501302
>Hey guys, I want to build the best AR-15 for the best price. I'm looking at these two options, but would like to here your thoughts on the matter.
>*thoughts are given*
>REEEEE FUCK OFF GUYS HE DOESN'T WANT TO BUILT DON'T BUILD DON'T BUILD DON'T BUILD
>>
>>29501247
>The guy has only owned a handgun and you're telling him to build something he has no experience with?

January of this year was the first time I so much as picked up and fired -a- gun. Before the end of February, I had bought the parts for and assembled my own AR.

Untangling Christmas lights is more difficult and frustrating.
>>
What triggers /k/

>don't build an AR
>>
>>29501190

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong
>>
File: 1453436228172.jpg (26 KB, 742x600) Image search: [Google]
1453436228172.jpg
26 KB, 742x600
>>29501190
This is the same kind of faggot who thinks its overrated to change your own oil.
>>
The Arfcomers are heavy, heavy in this thread.
>>
Pissing match aside, build or buy is really up to you. Building will net you a rifle that is designed around the specific things you want. Building gives you an insane array of choices. Buying a complete rifle on the other hand will net you a factory warranty on the entire rifle and will eliminate some of the headache. A factory build rifle can still be modified should you change your mind about what you want down the road. Colt, Spikes, S&W (not the sport), Daniel Defense, Noveske, and lots of others to pick from. Just depends on the initial investment.

Build: Figure out a budget, then look around for a lower receiver that has a rollmark that you like. If you just want a cheap one that works fine, consider Anderson as your lowest but still just fine option. Spikes Tactical has several forged options that have fun rollmarks, for example. Lowers are as easy to build as your sister is to bed.

For the uppers, if you don't want to invest in a vice, vice block, torque wrench, etc. then you can find plenty of quality built uppers.
>>
>>29501508
>everyone who can do more than me is an arfcomer
>>
Not to hijack your thread op, but since where on the same topic, were pretty much helping each other out.

which ar15 would be right for me i originally wanted the le6920 but after extensive research on 1/7 & 1/9 twists, im gonna stick with 1/9 since ill only be shooting with common loads. also your paying more just for name. (i am aware Mil-spec just means the lowest quality the army would allow)

also i dont care for optics or aftermarkets other than maybe a front grip. im goin for the the ironsights carry handle.(for that classic m4 look)

these are my choices and would like opinions

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/bushmaster-pre-patrolman-m4-detail.html?Itemid=0

this one has everything im looking for and cant find a single thing wrong with it other than the name PRE-patrolman if someone can explain what that means. ( i read bushmaster has a bad rep but its new rifles are gtg after the year 2012 ??)

my next choice is the M&P Sporter gen II

this one has what im lookin for but doesnt have carry handle (so thats a separate purchase) and the barrel profile looks weird to me. but other than that its cheaper.

im a noob when it comes to ar15s and only know AKM's
>>
>>29501585
Have you considered a Palmetto State Armory option? Look through their "premium" uppers, the barrels are great for the price. Made by FN.
>>
>>29501585
I have built several rifles for people with this kit.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-chf-mid-length-rifle-kit.html
>>
Are there any good piston driven AR build kits out there that are reasonable for a first-time AR user to try out?

I kinda want to build a .308 (or possibly 6.5 creedmoor) Piston AR for dual use hunting and target, but can't find much that fits that.
>>
>all these fucking AR autists

Just get a ruger 556. It's a basic ranch gun.
>>
File: 20151219_200948.jpg (855 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20151219_200948.jpg
855 KB, 2560x1536
>>29501585
If you like the Shrubmaster take a look at what Windham has to offer. I have a Windham dissipator and it's tight as fuck.
>>
>>29501678
Go away elmer
>>
>>29501613
>>29501627
awhile back i did, how will it compare to the bushmaster? i want the bushmater because it already includes the carry handle and the standard ar15 essentials. (chrome barrel, etc,)

back than i thought about these options
but their temp out of stock.i really just want that classic m4 look with all the bells and whistles

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-m4-premium-16-cmv-cl-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-carbine-length-chf-m4-5-56-1-7-upper-with-bcg-and-charging-handle.html
>>
File: mac.jpg (408 KB, 1632x794) Image search: [Google]
mac.jpg
408 KB, 1632x794
>>29501247
but anon ARs are easy af to build
>>
>>29501678
>proprietary parts
no thanks
>>
>>29501678
not with that heavy trigger i wont lol
>>
>>29501710
thanks anon i just found another rifle thanks to you, i saw a quick video on youtube of bushmaster vs Windham and explains their history.

so which one is better?

http://www.impactguns.com/windham-weaponry-ar15-mpc-m4-A3-223-556-16-detachable-carry-handle-30rd-mag-r16m4a4t-848037000033.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/bushmaster-m4-patrolman-a3-16in-w30-rd-mag-bcwa3f16m4bcwa3f-16m4-604206072252.aspx
>>
>>29501909
psa premium
>>
>>29501909
Windham, methinks. My buddy has a bushy from a couple years ago, not bad really but the quality and finish of my Windham stands above that of the bushy. Plus Windham has a spectacular warranty, not that you'll need it.
>>
>>29500620
Honestly OP I bought an S&W M&P 15 Sport II. Nothing wrong with the core components. Lower and Upper are fine and made with quality materials. Barrel is not shabby but you could do better, BCG is fine unless you want a NiB or some chrome bullshit.Trigger sucks ass though.

If you dont want to build it yourself (which isnt bad just time consuming and overwhelming if you are new) go ahead and pick up the S&W. I would try to get one without the A2 FSB since you will probably want to rip it off at some point and get flip up BUIS.Unless you like the front sight.

Everything else can be swapped over time.
>>
>>29501953
well i do like quality and good finish (ocd up the ass) and that life time warranty puts me at ease if anything ever happend.

thanks anon Windham MPC M4 is my next new purchase!
>>
can't people just accept that some people don't *want* to build?

I mean is it THAT hard to answer the fucking question of "what's the best value prebuilt AR." it's not a complicated concept.
>>
>>29502057
I'd go PSA over Windham, any day of the week. But it's all about what you want I suppose.
>>
>>29501280
Can confirm. I'm mechanically illiterate and I still put one together. Even managed not to break trigger guard.

My roll pins, however, do not go all the way in hnngggggggggggg

But my ocd is not so extreme that this bothers me
>>
>>29502181
im just lookin for a pre built better than average beater gun, in the future ill do the psa m4 premium.
>>
Just build one you dumb faggot holy shit.
>>
>>29501247
They are so easy to build,you can even do it without tools if you can get a little creative.youtube helps out allot.
>>
>>29501302
Its a discussing board and its good to explore options.
>>
File: IMG_4495 - Copy.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4495 - Copy.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
I really like my sw mp15 sport 2. First time I fired it it was sticking, but then I cleaned the firing pin and its smooth as butter since then.

has amazingly low recoil, or maybe thats just 223 in general
>>
For the money you're gonna have a very hard time finding better quality than PSA. Especially their premium/CHF line.
>>
Came about 24 hours away from buying a M&P15 SII at my LGS when I decided to buy a PSA upper w/lpk, and a spikes lower from my lgs

base gun cost less than the M&P and its built to my preference

you'll be happy with the sport but you'll be happier customizing your own from the ground up for the same price.
>>
>>29502270
dont sell yourself short

you can get that beater gun for less if you build it yourself
>>
>>29500620
Building one yourself will almost always be cheaper, but I can confirm that Core15 makes some good stuff.
>>
>>29502270
Alright, well I can't tell you how to spend your money. But you'll get a better quality rifle out of the PSA. You can buy a complete lower from them along with a complete upper and just put them together when they come in.

The Windham will be OK, but the PSA would cost about the same and be better.

As for a carry handle, just get a colt carry handle off ebay.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.