[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/ommandos, I recently purchased a trade-in Glock brand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Glock-23_Gen4_40SW-ANGLED_2377.jpg (150 KB, 825x662) Image search: [Google]
Glock-23_Gen4_40SW-ANGLED_2377.jpg
150 KB, 825x662
Sup /k/ommandos,

I recently purchased a trade-in Glock brand Glock, however with all trade-ins I'm anticipating some wear and tear.

What should I do about cosmetic issues like holster wear and light scratches? Are they something that can be buffed out or will o have to get a new slide? Can't complain because it was a sweet deal.

Also any tips on maintenance or what to look out for on LE trade-ins?

>pic related
>>
>>29500436
I don't know it is you expect to buff out holster wear. That's like cutting a hole out so you don't have a hole
>>
>>29500436
>What should I do about cosmetic issues like holster wear and light scratches?

Yes, not worry about them.
It's a firearm, not artwork.
And no you can't "buff them out".
The finish is worn. It would need to be refinished to fix.
The only thing you should worry about is functionality.
Since it's a LEO trade it's likely been shot infrequently.
Just enjoy your "sweet deal" and shoot it.
A lot.
>>
>>29500436
If you're gun has a lot of scratches I heard you can send it in to glock for refinishing for like $40.
>>
>>29501224
*your
>>
>>29500436
Check the springs. I bought a Police Trade-In M&P, and those were the only parts that were truly worn out. Especially the magazines. Swap out the recoil spring too, if you want.
>>
You are a giant fucking homo
>>
>>29501545
Not OP but how?
>>
>>29502299
GUISE WAT DO MY USED GUN HAS WEAR HOW FIX??
>>
>>29500436
It will probably be fine to shoot out of the box. The only thing you'd have to change, if required, would be the springs, and of those, you'd really only need to change the recoil spring and magazine spring. The other springs will likely be fine, but it's common for recoil springs to be worn out on used police trade-ins.

>What should I do about cosmetic issues like holster wear and light scratches? Are they something that can be buffed out or will o have to get a new slide?
Buffing out scratches in the slide will mean removing more of the finish. The finish is what protects the steel underneath from rust, so doing this would be retarded. New slides cost $300+, so replacing the slide due to a few scratches would also be retarded. This is why people are making fun of you. Holster wear does not damage a gun's ability to go bang, and it adds character (a good thing) to your pistol.

You can either do nothing about holster wear, or you can get the slide refinished, which would cost around $50-100, and is NOT a normal thing that normal gun owners would do if they bought a police trade-in because the idea of buying a used police gun is to save $50-100 over a normal used or even new gun. Spending the difference on a refinish is counter-intuitive. Just buy a new Glock or a slightly used one from the civilian market to begin with if you want a gun that looks new.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.