[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reloading Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: which one.png (308 KB, 841x649) Image search: [Google]
which one.png
308 KB, 841x649
Haven't seen one for a while, so I thought I'd make another.

I'm ready to move onto a progressive reloading press and I've narrowed down my selection to two choices: The Dillon RL550B and the Hornady Lock-N-Load.

I know this is an apples to oranges comparison since the Lock-N-Load is auto-indexing whereas the RL550B is manual, and it would be more accurate to compare the LNL to the XL650. But it looks like the RL550B and the Lock-N-Load are the two most popular progressive reloading presses.

Overall, which one would be a better choice?
>>
>>29497878
Bump
>>
How important is case trimming?
What setup is good for multiple calibers. (Mainly 9mm, .357mag, 50AE, .303br and 8mm Mauser)
>>
>>29497878
I like the powder throw for the LnL more as you can quick change the meter out for other meters that have been preset for various charges.
>>
>>29497935
Case length is very important, and you usually have to check it the more you reuse brass.
>>
>>29497962
Are good calipers enough to check or is it worth it to invest in case length gauges?
>>
>>29497935
Very. If you cases get too long you run the risk of a pinched neck and the over pressure that comes with it.

Single stage for the rifle and a turret for the pistols. If your new to the game, buy something like this.

http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/828368/rcbs-reloader-special-5-explorer-plus-single-stage-press-kit
>>
>>29497973
I've gotten by with just calipers forever.
>>
>>29497986
Reloading kits aren't very great, It's usually better to get things piece by piece.
>>
>>29497973
Calipers are fine. As a backup, I usually keep 2 marked cases trimmed to proper length and set aside with my trimmer. I like to use clear plastic tackle trays to put the brass and trim bits in, as i can mark them and keep everything nice and together.
>>
File: 1417495738756.png (563 KB, 641x549) Image search: [Google]
1417495738756.png
563 KB, 641x549
What's the best case trimmer for the money? Only things I reload right now are 6.5x55 and .303.
>>
>>29498089
The Lyman Case Trimmer is the way to go.
>>
>>29498089
Lyman. I bought a cheap folding table that the fucker is bolted to so I can trim and watch TV/shit/sit outside and trim away.
>>
>>29498118
Not a bad idea. I fucking HATE case prep, it's the only part of reloading I hate.
>>
File: tv table.jpg (13 KB, 292x320) Image search: [Google]
tv table.jpg
13 KB, 292x320
>>29498133
It's annoying, but it doesn't have to be a tedious chore. Like I said, I have a cheap folding table that I bolted the trimmer to. Then I can watch movies or whatever and trim. Other nice thing about trimming is that AFTER THE TRIMMER IS DIALED IN CORRECTLY you can have a beer or two. I would never drink and do the other parts, but it helps makes case prep much less tedious.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.