[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian Forces Basic Training
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: CAD_L2 and C2.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1060) Image search: [Google]
CAD_L2 and C2.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1060
Hey, /k/. So I finally did it and I enlisted in the CF. I'm getting shipped to basic on the 30th.

I'm just curious as to what to expect from basic. What can/should I bring with me? What should I expect from the other members?

I just need general stuff I should prepare myself for. I hear it's not that bad, but I'm still nervous.
>>
Bring your patience, don't expect much, you're gonna find everything retarded, shut up, keep going foward, that's it. Remember to not fall asleep.
What trade you got?
>>
>>29497846
Armour.
>>
Shouts out to BasicUp lol
>>
File: Canadian Fireteam.jpg (161 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
Canadian Fireteam.jpg
161 KB, 640x426
shameful self bump
>>
Do yourself a favour and start including stairs into your workouts. Be prepared to run up and down stairs a lot.
>>
Also, learn how to iron and bring a good iron and everyone will be your best friend.
>>
File: 1456690557441.png (83 KB, 676x673) Image search: [Google]
1456690557441.png
83 KB, 676x673
Run, and run some more. Endurance is key. If you're not already /fit/ now it's gonna be hell. The fitness test during the application process is nothing.

Break in your boots (walk around in them for a day), a girl in my platoon had her feet rubbed RAW because her boots were brand new. If your boots don't fit right get them fit, or wear another pair of socks.

if you ever fuck up on pt DON'T let them see you quit. ex. if you fall down on a push up, let them see that you're trying hard af to get urself back up.

There's going to be a lot of yelling, and even though sometimes staff will fuck with you, almost everything will have a purpose.

But perhaps the best advice i can give is to help buddy out (ex check over each other during inspections, shower fast af (20 secs), etc). Don't be an individual, if you help buddy, buddy will help you. You can't get through this without teamwork.
>>
>>29498030
to add on about team work...if you start slacking, or not being a team-player, ur course mates WILL notice.
>>
>>29498049
>>29498030
+1
>>
>>29498030
Yeah, hope you started before because a month to get fit isn't a lot. Do pushups, as much as you can, as often as you can, run as much as you can. Learn to get dressed and undressed as quick as you can. Do kegel exerecises cause you're gonna learn you can't shit whenever you want. Learn to make your bed quickly, expect sheets that are too small. Bring baby wipes, lint roll, pledge, duster etc you're gonna feel like a maid real quick.
>>
>>29498197
Also, bring magic erasers. They work really well for getting rid of boot polish on the floors (and walls). And when you dust your shelves/window sills, don't use anything wet.
>>
>>29498233
Yep, dry clean EVERYTHING.
>>
They shout and make you do stupid shit to see how you react when tired and miserable. Just plod on and do as you're told.

Always help everyone with you. Tie laces, burn stray threads, better to get smoked for helping and missing a timing than to abandon guy.

Write your last name and last 3 digits of service number on EVERYTHING

Think of getting through the next hour to hour, it will seem hopeless. Keep going. Drink your fucking water. Help the younger weaker guys in your section. Don't suck up, don't rat out. Use a pencil to stab your web of hand to help wake up. Tie the end of your boot laces into a knot so you can find it in the dark. Get boot bands and a lint roller.
>>
>>29498332
Do not take photos and upload to facebook while on course. They will know.

Do not smuggle in drugs/cell phone/contraband past the turn in period.

Buy insoles for your boots that you like, you are allowed. Use the issued foot powder.

Straighten out your ruck ahead of time so it's comfortable.

Bring 2 tooth brushes, one for teeth and one for weapon.
>>
>>29498354
Bring shower sandals, people get foot issues if they don't.

Get used to 24 hour military time.

Be able to manage 100 pushups/situps for being smoked.

Do not be a shitpump.

Never ever muzzle sweep or lose part of your weapon.

If they say you have 2 min till next timing, yes they are serious. If they see you not trying because it's impossible to make it, it will be done over again in 1 minute. Look like you're always trying your hardest. Look like it, keywords.
>>
>>29497831

When did you sign up? I thought the whole process took months.
>>
>>29497831
-Get gud at folding clothes the right way, and help those who have trouble with it. I was always good at weapons/boots, but sucked at folding, so I leaned on my buddies for that.
-Learn to rub one out quick to relieve stress. Shitterbating is crucial.
-Don't leave irons on
-Don't drink CLP
-Don't jump out the window 8 floors up
>>
>>29498472
Also, don't go Officer, light some trash on fire, heave it down the chute, and wind up smoking half a wing out.
>>
>>29498502
>don't go Officer
Why not?
>>
>>29498436
I signed up in september

I just got the call 3 days ago saying that the next basic course starts on may 2nd. Travel day is April 30th.
>>
File: 1437197630707.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1437197630707.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1333
How long does it take to get from the interview to getting shipped? My interview's on the 19th.
>>
>>29498472
>Don't jump out the window 8 floors up
We called that an 8th floor VR.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.