[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to buy a gun and need advice.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: eu-usa-flag.jpg (28 KB, 666x332) Image search: [Google]
eu-usa-flag.jpg
28 KB, 666x332
So basically I live in the USA and was adjudicated delinquent of a felony vehicular assault when i was a juvenile. This all happened close to 15 years ago.

In the state I live in, 'adjudicated delinquent' is not the same thing as a conviction. It basically means that i committed a crime which, if i was an adult at the time, would have been considered a felony.

Under my state's laws, people who are adjudicated delinquent of a felony are prohibited from owning a gun until the age of 25.

I am over the age of 25 but i'm scared to try to buy a gun because what if they deny me for some reason? Like maybe they haven't updated my records or some shit. That would be pretty embarrassing.

What should I do? Is there any way I can check my status before i have an FFL run my information? Should i just sack up and go into the store and buy the gun like i know what i'm doing?

Help me /k/.
>>
It sounds like you've read and understand the law of your state. Assuming you don't also have some federal crime on your record preventing you from owning a gun I would imagine you're good to go.

If you think the state keeps shitty records I can almost guarantee the guys at the gun store know exactly what number to call in order to have the information updated. It's not like you're going to get arrested for failing a background check. Just go try you faggot.
>>
>>29496516
>What should I do?
Go buy a gun.
>Is there any way I can check my status before i have an FFL run my information?
No.
>Should i just sack up and go into the store and buy the gun like i know what i'm doing?
Yes.
>>
File: pepe did nothing wrong.jpg (14 KB, 403x195) Image search: [Google]
pepe did nothing wrong.jpg
14 KB, 403x195
>>29496654

Yeah i have no other charges on my record. Just traffic tickets from years ago.

If I get denied i'm gonna be mortified tho senpai.
>>
>>29496655

I really should just go. Been meaning to for years.

I haven't been able to find any stories on the internet about my situation, so i've been weary to even try.
>>
>>29496746
Just go to any store. It's like asking out a girl. The worst they can do is say no
>>
File: mfw.jpg (26 KB, 500x341) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
26 KB, 500x341
>>29496781
>It's like asking out a girl. The worst they can do is say no

No one said it would be easy i suppose.
>>
>>29496781
They can do a lot worse, actually
>>
>>29496910
Like wat (sorry I'm high as hell)
>>
>>29496931
Laugh at you or say yes and stick you up and make you into the biggest joke to ever walk this side of Mississippi
>>
>>29496516
They wont deny you.

If your state says once your 25 your good, trust me your good.
>>
>>29496931
They can laugh. They can think you're joking. They can never even realize it was a date. They can tell their friends about the weird kid who asked them out. They can be disgusted. They can just not even acknowledge you. They can not show up. They can go out of pity. They can just look at you like you're retarded. They can say no in all the ways that make it hurt even more.
>>
>>29496516
>adjudicated delinquent
>wants to buy a gun

You ever seen a 4473? Fuck off nut job, you can't own a gun and should never be able to.
>>
>>29497019
4473 line 11.c asks if the purchaser has been CONVICTED of any felony.

Adjudicated delinquent does not equal a conviction. And according to OP, his state explicitly defines an adjudication of delinquency as NOT a felony conviction.

Retard.
>>
>>29497107
What about 11f?

"Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective?"

Which the OP has.

You fucking retard.
>>
File: 1452115072193.gif (1 MB, 415x322) Image search: [Google]
1452115072193.gif
1 MB, 415x322
>>29497152
Fiction can be fun, can't it? Unfortunately for you there is no evidence to back up your claim. Although for all we know OP is a psychopath who's been committed to mental institutions for being a fucking faggot. Still, no evidence at this stage. Haha
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.