[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Ranger School?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
How do we fix Ranger School?
>>
>>29496490
Make it easier for women to pass.
>>
It's dead, Jim.
>>
Introduce lower standards for women and minorities.
>>
>>29496490
Limit to people going to or in, Ranger regiment or SF.

No more 5 jump chumps going for tabs. So they can get promoted faster. Never intending to be a real Ranger or operator.
>>
File: Aragorn.jpg (150 KB, 640x788) Image search: [Google]
Aragorn.jpg
150 KB, 640x788
Require them to guard the wall, maybe slay an orc or some shit.
>>
>>29496521
We're not supposed to kill Russians I thought
>>
>>29496514
Why the actual fuck would you make a leadership school exclusive to regiment and SF?
>>
>>29496556
game of thrones now set in post apocalyptic 1980s Berlin
>there be frost spiders in the east beyond the wall
>>
Stop pretending its anything more "special" than any other nation's light infantry course.
>>
Have Marine drill instructors take over and give them complete and utter freedom to do as they wish.
>>
>>29496514
>Never intending to be a real Ranger or operator.

Ranger school has nothing to do with being an operator or Ranger, despite it's name. It is 100% a LEADERSHIP school, thus why it is important leadership box to check off for those trying to get promoted. That is it's purpose, to develop greater leadership ability in those who want to reach the higher leadership positions.

Whether it actually does that is another question entirely. And only those who have been tabbed could possibly answer.

From what I've heard, probably not. It's just a torture test and gauges the basic ability to remain a team player under extremely adverse conditions to not get peered out. While that's an important leadership aspect I doubt it truly separates good leaders from great ones in the military.
>>
>>29496490

Make it an actual leadership school instead of a suckfest that makes you come out the other end in the worst condition of your life.
>>
>>29496490
I don't see how getting your balls smoked off of you somehow makes you a better leader.
>>
>>29499193
This, really.

Even finance or chaplains can go to Ranger school. Having a Ranger tab basically says "I've been through 61 days of suck."
>>
>>29500703
It shows to others that even after a week without sleep and hauling 60 pounds of gear up a mountain and through a swamp that you can still function on a basic soldiering level.
>>
>>29500703
How many people are you currently leading?
>>
>>29501058
>a week without sleep
fairly certain that would result in death, if you somehow manage to retain consciousnesses that is
>>
>>29501161
Well I'm completely certain you're wrong.
>>
>>29501235
He's not, even seals in training only do 4 days without sleep. Apparently any more and it causes some kind of permanent damage.
>>
>>
>>29496490
What was broken about it? 0311 here
>>
>>29501286
After 38 hours I have mild hallucinations, I can't imagine what 4 days would do
>>
>>29499128
While we are at it lets unchain NCO's across all services. Fucking bullshit nowadays Joe can tell MSG to fuck off and MSG has to politely explain to Joe what he is doing wrong and why he was corrected and then submit a formal document for correction only to be told he violated Joe is some way.
>>
>>29501235
>Well I'm completely certain you're wrong.

The current world record for staying awake without stimulants is 11 days, a full week that includes heavy physical exertion is pretty much impossible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardner_%28record_holder%29
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.