[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this good ear pro?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Are either of these adequate hearing protection for firing handguns/rifles both indoors and out?
>>
>>29491234
foam plugs work quite well unless you are an idiot
>>
>>29491239
I've only ever doubled up, so I'm trying to see if either of these alone would work for a friend. Neither of these are advertised as shooting ear pro, but I don't know if there's any difference.
>>
>>29491234
They are sufficient alone, though I much prefer well fitted in-ear plugs like surefires rather than the uncomfortable foam plugs. The Surefires tend (by model) to be rated higher as well.
>>
File: 1454344107118.png (283 KB, 457x416) Image search: [Google]
1454344107118.png
283 KB, 457x416
>doubling up meme

when will this die...
>>
>>29491263
either alone is enough to reduce down to tolerable levels and prevent hearing damage
>>
>>29491279
Those looks nice. I'll look into them.

>>29491290
I have hypersensitive hearing. Probably because I have shit eyesight. I feel like doubling up isn't enough sometimes.

>>29491318
Good to know. Thanks.
>>
>>29491290
When you're deaf and you can't hear it anymore
>>
File: Javelina 10mm Longslide 2.jpg (3 MB, 4595x2109) Image search: [Google]
Javelina 10mm Longslide 2.jpg
3 MB, 4595x2109
>>29491234

Just get a bigass box of plugs on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-Earplugs-Uncorded-NRR33/dp/B0013A0C0Y

www.amazon.com/Liberty-DuraPlug-Uncorded-Disposable-Earplug/dp/B00C9QGXAY

I keep a bunch in my range bag, car, ammo cans, everywhere. They cost next to nothing and you'll never be without. I prefer a cheap set of plugs over muffs when shooting benched in. Just more comfortable.

If you want a set of electronic earmuff get the cheap Caldwells.

www.amazon.com/Caldwell-E-Max-Profile-Electronic-Muffs/dp/B001B8ONZI

They work as advertised. Pretty comfortable and compact as well.
>>
I can see doubling up if you like to be right next to the muzzle catching the blast with your mouth, but one set of el cheapo ear muffs works fine.
>>
>>29491279
2nd on surefire. They're cheap and great.
>>
>>29491234
those "lever 3" peltors are more than enough most of the time. Indoors it's mostly up to the construction of the range whether or not simple cups are enough.

Only problem I've had with cups are with high powered rifles. With 375H&H (or up) the recoil might kick the cup off your ear for a split second causing that noticeable EEEEE.

I prefer the cups over plugs because cups are so much faster to put on and easy to take off.

Simply pay attention to your ears. If they start to ring or feel stuffy or pressurized you might need to get better protection or something is fucking with the function of your current setup.
>>
>>29491379
This.
Get the industrial strength/quality ones. Those usually go by OSHA ratings and OSHA does not fuck around.
>>
>>29491379
Is the Javelina as good as the Hardballer?
>>
>>29491234
OP, do yourself a favor and get a pair of these
http://www.howardleight.com/ear-muffs/impact-sport

One of the best presents my wife ever got me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.