[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New 20 round mag for 9mm hipoint carbines. Looks fucked up but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: pic1.jpg (36 KB, 900x460) Image search: [Google]
pic1.jpg
36 KB, 900x460
New 20 round mag for 9mm hipoint carbines. Looks fucked up but supposedly works better than the shitty promags
>>
>>29489103
id get a highpint carbine if these were realible
>>
Why can't anyone make a very long single feed double stacked magazine instead of having one huge single feed single stack magazine.
>>
File: redball-mag.png (517 KB, 450x580) Image search: [Google]
redball-mag.png
517 KB, 450x580
Just never go prone
>>
> Highpoint releases gen2 995
> Uses glock mags
> Posts most profitable quarter ever
>>
>>29489218
Things that will never happen
>>
>>29489267

I know. I know.

But I dislike those highpoint mags.
>>
Honest question, why can't mags go to double stacked out of the may well? And if they can, why don't I see it ever.
>>
>>29489947
You'd need some sort of batshit insane follower design. It's probably technically possible but it'd be a complete nightmare.
>>
>>29489947
Because that wouldn't work. Go pull a single stack magazine out and then pull out s double stack magazine and tell me what you see.

It is impossible to create a double stack for a single stack magazine well without there being an ass load of problems.
>>
From what I understand it would take significantly more work to make the gun double stack, which would drive the price up defeating the purpose

If you want a cheap double stack 9mm get a used SD9VE.

Leagues better for a similar price
>>
>>29489103
I still have my OEM mag. I really should buy some new mags for it.
>>
File: 1457210386010.png (358 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1457210386010.png
358 KB, 600x450
>>29489103
>>29489184
9mm only? I got a 40 cal version. fuck.

btw, go shill somewhere else.
>>
>>29489962
>>29489982
Not really, doublestack single feed magazines (ie, almost every double stack handgun magazine ever made) already have the stack transition built into the magazine and a spring/follower design to suit.

I imagine it's more about the magazine body manufacturing complexity/cost. Double stack single feed magazines accommodate the stack transition of the die with the feed lips, so it's kind of a wash. Adding that transition to a single stack single feed design would be substantially more complex.

Now quad stack/casket mags, those absolutely require funky spring/follower design.
>>
>how do we make a curved mag for grip wells?
>like this!

and that's how i vomited for the first time
>>
Why the fuck didn't they just make it straight? What's the point?
>>
>>29490625
I read on a shitty gun forum that the guy who designed it did so to feed better
>>
>>29490037

Maybe you can bend the feed lips? Most guns with 9 and 40 versions have magazines so similar that follower design and mag lips are the only difference. I can shoot 9mm out of my g35 only changing the barrel with decent reliability using 40 mags, it just looks ridiculous to see the top round sitting so high.
>>
>>29490836
Maybe he's a genius that knows something I don't, but that logic sounds like total shit.
>>
>>29489267
Why doesnt it? Do they hate money? Or does the company want to not attract any attention to themselves from the antifuns since their guns are popular with our culturaly vibrant countrymen
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.