[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tactical EDC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
So I've never put much thought into being prepared before but a few months ago I got a new neighbor. He's this delightful elderly Christian-prepper and we met after I invited him to come to a men's ministry group I'm a part of. Since then he's really got me thinking a lot about being prepared to help others and I believe that this is something I should do. There is no better tactical board than /k/ ( Luv ya, guys! ) and I figured I'd make my first stop here. I found this a few days ago ( see vid below, pic related ) and it seems like a decent first-purchase at the cost of $25 via Walmart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-LKdu9wUF8
>>
>>29489070
He's going to rape you
>>
File: ahhnold-stop.jpg (114 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ahhnold-stop.jpg
114 KB, 720x960
>>29489082
Don't go any further! >.> I'm confident he wouldn't be able to or want to.

So how is Schrade as a company? I had one of their knives as a kid but I heard they closed allowing a new company to open under the name and manufacture in China. Only reason I havn't bought the pen or any of their knives yet.
>>
>>29489070
It's got a good rape whistle, I'd keep it on you so the ministry guy doesn't get to rape you... unless it's not rape
>>
>>29489108
He's going to rape you and you're going to like it.
>>
>>29489108
Steel is mediocre and the rest of them is cheap, at least the ones you find at the retail circus. They do made OK fixed blades, providing it is full tang, but there are a bunch of companies I'd rather give money to.
>>
>>29489169
tell me more? I was thinking of getting their Guide master ( full-tang knife w/ sling-shot sheath; http://taylorbrandsllc.com/products/schrade-guide-master-sling-shot-full-tang-fixed-blade-knife ) for a bug-out bag. I'd like to know more about what makes their steel bad and the other companies you'd buy from before them.
>>
>>29489070

They are trying to pass off an aluminum body pen as having a "glass breaker". No, just no. Ive seen carbide tip breakers have a hard time cracking glass, let alone something thats going to deform the first time you whack something with it. Not saying you cant break glass with it, but when a tool isnt going to perform as well as say, a rock, its not a very good tool. The fire starter and whistle are pretty cool i guess. Maybe when you get raped you can blow yourself to safety.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>29489070
Look, man, I'm the guy that normally starts the "prepping general" threads. don't buy that gay tactical pen. Buy a good water-proof self contained ferro rod to EDC.

Keep on your person:
>a gun (with extra mag)
>a small fixed blade knife (folder will do, but it's better to have a fixed blade
>a ferro rod

Keep in your truck/car:
>a lightweight backpack filled with minimum food and water, a large fixed blade knife, fire starters (ferro rod, lighters, stuff a bunch in there), several extra mags, and a shelter kit (tarp, small packable tent, Bivy)
>keep an axe in your truck. Not a hatchet, a two handed axe.

At home:
>everything else, food preps, extra gas, funs.

I know it's the "Christian" thing to do, but in a shitty scenario, you've got to be prepared to look out for yourself and your family.
>>
>>29489796
http://www.exotac.com/nanostriker-xl/
>>
>>29489796
Same fag again. Also, get in shape. Jog a mile or two once every two days. Lift some weights. Go on hikes with a heavy backpack. If you're really into prepping and preparedness, it's better to get in shape now.
>>
>>29489796
This may sound strange to you but I currently don't own a gun and don't plan to own one because I don't want the government knocking down my door when firearms are banned. I also don't drive because I can get everywhere I want to go with public transport or on foot.

I indeed am planning on hording food and water to sustain four ( if SHTF I'll be asking my mother, sister, and nephew to stay with me ) for a month. After that month it'll be into the national forests living off of bushcraft and archery.

With that said, I will follow your advice and avoid the pen/grab a water-proofed striker. Knives are not going to be an issue although I am always looking out for better than what I have so feel free to shill me.
>>
>>29490032
Buy a compound. Shell out on something expensive. Get a nice name brand bow. Get a PSE or Matthew's.

For bushcraft: an LT Wright Genesis is great, but they're expensive. If you're cheap, a mora bushcraft.

For all purpose survival fixed blade: I recommend the ESEE Laser Strike. If you're cheap: Gerber StrongArm

For EDC: ESEE Izula or ESEE Candiru
>>
>>29489108
I'm pretty sure he's already planned the rape.
>>
>>29489070
You can't call yourself a Christian if you can't provide for your family ion a long drought, Jebusus commanded that. Truly most whoi call themselves Christians are either lying to themselves or to everyone else. Real hard to be a good Christian.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.