[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How viable is a spear for home defense if you're a Yuropoor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: tmp_11957-SW8nb2025107930.jpg (50 KB, 1017x669) Image search: [Google]
tmp_11957-SW8nb2025107930.jpg
50 KB, 1017x669
How viable is a spear for home defense if you're a Yuropoor with no guns?
>>
>>29488237
Bill>Spear
Godendag>France

Come at me French spearfags.
>>
Spears are illegal in Europe
>>
>>29488237
Just buy a zweihander senpai.
>>
>>29488237
Get a halberd. It's a spear with an axe and a motherfucking hammer!
>>
Your home invaders will have illegal guns. Get one anyways. If they come for your guns, revolt. Worked out pretty well for us Yanks.
>>
>>29488237
>not training you and your family to form a pike block

It's like you love your flanks being exposed.
>>
>>29488237
While I'm all for someone getting medieval with a spear, they're an outside toy only.
Inside you want something roughly machete sized that you can stab with
>>
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 1134x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 1134x1600
>>29488455
Can we incorporate some firelances into our dynamic defense?
>>
>>29488468
What kind of horrible racist babykiller are you? It's a good thing we have laws in Europe to prevent people like you from voting for Trump!
>>
File: 2373190308.jpg (168 KB, 804x587) Image search: [Google]
2373190308.jpg
168 KB, 804x587
Just trap all the entry points and doorways in your house.
>>
>>29488487
>Be average short-ass, gook manlet
>Booby trap my house to kill tall American pigs
>Set off my own traps sometimes just to feel the breeze
>After the war ends take up the lolipop trade and rise to prominence in their labor union
>>
>>29488237
>spear
Celebrate your euro heritage and buy a halberd
>>
>>29488460

So...a shorter spear?
>>
>>29488237
Just fucking get a gun. Unless you are in one of the very few European countries where it is actually almost impossible to get a gun, then just fill in the paper work, join a range and buy a fucking gun.
>>
>>29488237
A good club might be a better option. Also, look up self defense laws in your country to see what you are allowed to do to protect yourself.
>>
>>29488644
Kitchen butcher knife .
>>
>>29488237
Pizza yuropoor here. They're excellent if you want to end up in jail.
>>
>>29488460
>doesn't know you can hold it closer to the pointy bit
>>
>>29488675
except nobody, not even butchers, use butcher's knives
>>
>>29488237
>Europe
>Home defense
LMAO

Have fun going to jail for hurting that poor little immigrant who "Doesn't know better"
>>
>>29488677
>Italian
>speaks English

I want to believe.
>>
>>29488829
Disposing a body that no one will report missing is easy.
>>
>>29488831
I'm not completely Italian but.. yes, there are quite a few, even in this board. I guess they stay undercovered because no one would be proud to be part of the yurocucking thing.

>>29488237
Anyway OP, if you don't tell us where you live we can't help you. Laws are different from shithole to shithole.
>>
>>29488800
I find this post interesting, from a cultural standpoint.
In Canada, they are trying real hard to slowly take our guns away. But nobody gives a tiny shit about blades. Basically everyone I know carries a folder, people walk around with sword canes all the time, you even some autist walking around with a sword from time to time. And I have two butcher's cleavers in my own kitchen. One is for meat and one is for large veggies like cabbage.
I have several large bladed weapons in my living room, acquired while travelling. My buddy practices with his chinese spear out on his lawn every morning, for fitness.

The idea of the government telling me I shouldn't have a blade is kind of hilarious to me. I honestly cannot really wrap my head around it!
>>
>>29488980
>In Canada, they are trying real hard to slowly take our guns away.
No they are not. Canada has some of the most lax gun laws in the world.
>>
>>29488980
Also to reply to OP, depending on where you live, you might be able to get something more gun-like. Here at least, crossbows, airguns, bows and airbows are completely unregulated. (Airguns must be 499 fps or you need a PAL.)
>>29489012
Compared to europe, maybe.
But they are constantly trying to slip small bans and changes past us. The long gun registry was ruled against, and abolished several years ago. But guess what Quebec is quietly trying to pass again? Plus the 3 bajillion specifically named bans on guns that should be legal by our own definitions. For example I can never own an FAL -OR- AN FAL LOOKALIKE. Bullshit. They even banned the g11, as if anyone could even get their hands on one.
>>
>>29488237
It can be very effective if you know how to use it and the attackers are cooperative in their own choices of tactics, but if I am not badly mistaken it's just as illegal in europe as a firearm would be. Might as well be hung for a sheep as a goat, as the saying goes...
>>
File: industrial-floor-lamps.jpg (16 KB, 310x640) Image search: [Google]
industrial-floor-lamps.jpg
16 KB, 310x640
>>29488237
If real obvious weapons are a no no get creative. A custom lamp can be very effective. A smart /k/ommando may even think with a long power cord a some large bulbs you could grab your lamp ( to light the way). If you happen to smash the bulbs into anyone they get lit up too, with mains electricity.

Im not going to spoon feed everything here just inspire a bit.

Its just a tall sturdy lamp in the hall.
>>
>>29489012
Good goy... Because Canada has better gun laws than shit europoor and third world shitholes, they cannot possibly be trying to take them away right?
>>
>>29489034
Quebec does their own thing all the time so they can pretend that they "totes aren't a province of Canada, no for realsies, guyz, muh french language that nobody cares about".
And Bill C-230 will, once somebody pays attention enough to enforce it, clear up that "variant" bullshit. So you'll be able to get that AK "variant", so long as it's not made on an original, unmodified receiver as the named, banned gun.
>>29489012
The laws are lax, but we also benefit from enforcement being a joke. Sure, the law says that you can't shoot pistols innawoods or rip magazine pins out, but everyone does it anyway because it's impossible to get caught.
>>
>>29489146
This. They're better than most, but not what they should be. We cannot get complacent.

>>29489219
>Quebec does their own thing all the time so they can pretend that they "totes aren't a province of Canada, no for realsies, guyz, muh french language that nobody cares about".
Still, it would set an awful precedent. And as an Ontarian, I don't like being that close to such faggotry.
>And Bill C-230 will, once somebody pays attention enough to enforce it, clear up that "variant" bullshit. So you'll be able to get that AK "variant", so long as it's not made on an original, unmodified receiver as the named, banned gun.
I want to believe...
>The laws are lax, but we also benefit from enforcement being a joke. Sure, the law says that you can't shoot pistols innawoods or rip magazine pins out, but everyone does it anyway because it's impossible to get caught.
At least this is true. I know a lot of cops, and if you aren't a criminal, they just don't give a fuck. They have too little budget or manpower to chase shit like this while real crime happens. Plus, it is kind of good PR that while there are rarely any shootings in ontario, Toronto has somehow managed a frankly ridiculous string of stabbings lately. Like, 7 stabbings without motives. As if there is something in the friggin water.
>>
>be eurofag
>guns are illegal
>buy gun illegally
>???
>Profit

you are a faggot
>>
>>29488237
what are your rooms & hallways like? A stabbing spear is good but if blocked you are going to get raped with it. A 6" kitchen knife & ballpeen hammer combo is good enough.
Have some cable ties on hand too to restrain them if you get them down.
>>
>>29489568

A stabbing spear is not any good since the attacker could easily have a firearm on him, as a criminal and shit.
You're planning for the best case scenario, when you should be planning for the worst case scenario.
Get a 12 gauge somewhere
>>
>>29488237
What country ? I'm a western yuropoor and I have legal guns I could legally use for home defense (Belgium)
>>
>>29489710

What guns do you have fellow europoor?
>>
>>29489710
But do you have a Goedendag or are you shaming your ancestors?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.