[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are they just for weebfags? do they actually have any advantage?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
Are they just for weebfags?
do they actually have any advantage?
>>
>>29487401
bump cause already buried
>>
>>29487401
Throwing a knife has practically zero tactical advantage. The likelihood of you hitting the target in a combat situation is extremely unlikely, especially if they're moving, and they probably will be.
That's not even factoring in actually hit them with the blade angled properly to do anything, or with enough force to penetrate any clothing they're wearing.
Miss, and you've given your adversary a weapon.
You only get one shot unless you carry several, which is added weight.
If you use it like a regular knife, the lack of a proper guard means when you make impact, your hands sliding right up the handle and given you a nice set of cuts on your fingers.
Only benefit I can think of is its flush design would make it easy to conceal and easy to draw without getting caught on something. And the ring, if you put your thumb through, would mitegate the problem with your hand sliding.
>>
>>29487401
Pointy can cut and hurt.
>>
They're for funsies and nothing more.
>>
File: 7626543252345.png (251 KB, 582x419) Image search: [Google]
7626543252345.png
251 KB, 582x419
Who needs a knife in a nuke fight?

All you gotta do is a push a button.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 917x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 917x570
>>29487473
>>
>>29487436
>Miss, and you've given your adversary a weapon.
Nigga if you're throwing a knife at a guy he probably already has a weapon.
>>
>>29487401
Tie rope to ring
Build around it a cylindrical plastic cover,saw it in 4 slices along the longitudinal axis
Insert knife, rope and cover assembly into a gun, fire propellant of your choice

BOOM! Kevlar Piercing Discarding Sabot Knife
>>
Assuming the ring is large enough to slip your finger through, and also assuming you can slap a Spartan blades or benchmade logo on the side, I hear they're actually pretty good at making money from mall ninjas.
>>
>>29487401
Getting the fruit off tall trees.
>>
>>29487436

This.
Saw blades are more effective.
>>
They're pretty good letter openers I guess
>>
>>29487401
I like the soft iron ones, but as a tool rather than a weapon.
You can use it like a prybar or spade without much problem. They make kinda shitty weapons though.
>>
>>29489623
This

And /thread.
>>
File: sgt-zim.jpg (20 KB, 500x285) Image search: [Google]
sgt-zim.jpg
20 KB, 500x285
>>29487503
>>29487473
The enemy cannot shitpost, if you disable his hand!
>>
>>29487401
Where did throwing knives even come from? i doubt they were actually used.

Is it like how the "ninjato" was just a really easy to produce stage prop for ninja shows an movies so people thought they were actually real?
>>
The ring is for rope, kunai were more than likely used as climbing tools like modern camstops and only doubled up as weapons.

Most 'ninja' weapons were made from farming tools because it would have been illegal for them to own actual weapons.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.