[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Convince me not to buy the SW22 Victory after I sell my Sig Mosquito
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Convince me not to buy the SW22 Victory after I sell my Sig Mosquito /k/.
>>
>>29486016
Get a Buckmark
>>
The browning buckmark exists.
>>
>>29486016
I shot a 22a and loved it, this looks like an improved version of that so I say go for it
>>
>>29486027
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng-0FGrvBTg
The buckmark is alright, and so is my dad's Ruger MK2, but after undergoing to agonizing task of trying to get the MK2 back together, the simplicity of taking apart this Victory is really appealing.
>>
File: 41 case.jpg (27 KB, 448x292) Image search: [Google]
41 case.jpg
27 KB, 448x292
also plinker general
>>
File: korthandcolt.jpg (31 KB, 640x494) Image search: [Google]
korthandcolt.jpg
31 KB, 640x494
>>29486016
>>
>>
>>29486016
I kinda want one. I haven't heard much about them though. I wonder how they stack up to a mk2 or 3. Also wanted to add that with practice, the ruger mk's arn't too bad to take down but definitely a bitch the first couple times.
>>
>>29486055
>problems reassembling MK II
>12 yrs old
>F in gym class
>cat pissed on the carpet
>>
>>29486055
I wish Colt and High Standard still made semi-auto .22 pistols.
>>
>>29486161
I couldn't get the mainspring housing to close up. Do you even own a gun you fat tit neckbeard?
>>
>>29486253
Not him, but you use a paper clip to remove the mainspring housing.
>>
>>29486162
Yeah its a shame isn't it? I'd love to have a Colt Woodsmen one day.
>>
>>29486276
Thats not what I mean. Getting it apart was easy. Trying to get the little lever inside the trigger group to be in the correct position so the upper and lower assembly would sync up was the difficult part for me.
>>
I have a buckmark and I'm seriously considering just selling it to get the sw22. The buckmark is an ok gun with a few annoying things. I like the sw22 design more over all. The grips are the same ugly profile as the 22a though, don't know why they kept that.

Or maybe i'll just get a 422 or something in that model line becuase I love how they look.
>>
Mk3 assembly is a pain in the ass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeY9s2TYAOk
>>
>old enough to buy pistol
>gets .22 Little Rascal babygun
>underage b&
>>
>>29486742
0/10
>>
>>29486694
The grips felt pretty comfy in my hands at Academy. I don't mind now the look too bad. If I feel compelled to change them I may get some wooden grips.
>>
>>29486730
I'm very familiar with that video. More than you know.
>>
>>29486297
There are kits that help you cut out a lot of the bullshit. Definitely worth looking into.

Anyway right after the shot show an anon did a write up on details of the victory. I can't find the screenshot but it was enough shit to completely kill my interest
>>
>>29486162
High Standard got bought by the same folks that bought Interarms, set up shop in Houston; started making some of the old .22 autos again in 2013. You'll probably not be able to find one in a shop, but they take orders (make sure they don't fuck you, though, they like to "forget" people have put in orders)
>>
>>29486016
They're new guns and could go out of production at any time. Buy something more common until these become prevalent.

Or, you could just buy it to support the manufacturer. Just watch out when you're stripping it, the firing pin is under spring tension and is barely secured by a small catch. It could jump out of the slide and take your eye out if you're not careful.
>>
>>29486297
Watch a video you incredible moron.

Tilt the gun back so that the hammer spur falls into the divot in the mainspring housing, then fold the housing in.

This is like blaming a manual car for being too hard to drive. No, you're just too stupid to ask just one time how to do it properly.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.