[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/, wanna pick up a shotgun to hunt some coyotes. What are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (154 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
154 KB, 1920x1080
Sup /k/, wanna pick up a shotgun to hunt some coyotes. What are your opinions on the mossberg maverick 88 vs. the 500? I know a lot of people prefer the 500 but the mav is usually cheaper everywhere I look. I'm a righty so I don't really need the ambidextrous tang safety. What do? I wanna get out there and bag some varmints
>>
Mav is cheaper because its made with cheaper components. Fuctionally really similar though.
>>
>>29485497
is it likely to fall apart on me?
>>
Anyone own a maverick 88 that can give an honest opinion on how they perform and hold up?
>>
File: 1394316732041.jpg (45 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1394316732041.jpg
45 KB, 800x800
88 owner here, it comes down to whether you want your gun Made in Mehiko or not, the gun itself is fine, the only trouble I've had with it is it fails to extract when running Winchester birdshot made in France

Moral of the story, Mexicans don't like the French
>>
>>29486191
I've heard about that before with the winchester ammo. I'll be sure to stay away from it. I think I'll go with the 88. Most after market 500 parts are compatible with it anyway. Danke anon
>>
>>29485566
ether will work and stand up to more abuse that you can throw at it
if something does break mossberg really makes the most modular shotgun where everything is easily replaceable
both of em are cheap as shit anyways
if you want to go maximum poorfag get the 88 if you might tacticool it later or want multiple barrels 500
>>
>>29485566
No it will not fall apart on you, it's so fucking cheap because it's literal ebil outsourcing of jerrbs to mexico.
>>
>>29486239
You can use 500 barrels on the 88
>>
>>29486335
meant buying the combo with 2 barrels saves you a decent amount of money

if you buy em separately its like 100-150 for the spare
>>
>>29486350
Oh, gotcha
>>
>>29485578
They work and the security model holds eight 2 3/4" shells. The pump fore grip itself is interchangeable with any other Mossberg model. The receiver is aluminum so it's pretty light.
>>
I have a 500c in 20 gauge. Love the thing. Has a interchangeable choke. Light as Hell. Mine does rattle a bit but never has a problem.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.