[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AR-15 Bag
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: bag.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
bag.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
Hey guys. What's a good bag for transporting a taken-down AR-15?

This one looks about perfect for me, but is a little spendy:
http://www.larue.com/covert-rifle-case-mkII

Any other recommendations?
>>
>>29484487
When I had a 16" carbine I'd use a regular tennis racquet bag with a piece of foam to divide the two parts, worked perfectly and didn't have to explain shit to neighbors
>>
>>29484487

I use a blackhawk "diversion" bag that looks like a tennis racquet bag and has a divider for the upper and lower. A bit more lo profile moving the rifle to/from the car to home.
>>
Anything cheaper would be crap. In the realm of what you are looking for, that is reasonably priced. Just save your pennies and get that.

Also that is not "covert" it doesn't look like an instrument or camera case. It screams gun bag.
>>
>>29484506
>>29484504
What does the blackhawk bag do better than an actual 5-10$ tennis bag that justifies the price?
>>
>>29484520
I think I'll end up with the LaRue. Being able to fit a pistol in there along with the rifle would be nice, and I'm not overly concerned about it being 100% inconspicuous.
>>
>>29484523
In some shitty states the transport laws require a case used to transport firearms be intended for such purpose. The aim is to prevent loophole carry where you use any bag(like a fanny pack or backpack) to "transport" a firearm everywhere you go.
>>
File: image1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
To piggyback off of this thread, anyone have case recommendations for a 5.5" AR pistol? (Pic related)
>>
>>29484913
Trenchcoat or sneaky bags covert rifle bag. But really you could use almost anything. A messenger bag, a school bag, your anus, whatever.
>>
>>29484487
>$170
>For a bag
What the fuck?
>>
>>29486360
You must be new to the world of quality tactical gear. I welcome you to the world of $30 single rifle mag pouches, $1k level IV ceramic ballistic plates, $150 holsters, and cheap $170 bags.

Quality gear for opr8ing in operational environments operationally has a price.
>>
>>29484913
Needs a law tactical folder on there.
>>
>>29486402
>$30 single rifle mag pouches, $1k level IV ceramic ballistic plates, $150 holsters
At least that shit sorta makes sense, but that bag is just a bag.
>>
File: iUib2qI9vZ9N7.gif (1022 KB, 500x222) Image search: [Google]
iUib2qI9vZ9N7.gif
1022 KB, 500x222
>>29486402
>>29486425
You people are in way too fucking deep if you think any of this shit is worth the money.

Well I guess the plates are. And the holster kinda makes sense too.

I'm in too deep.
>>
For long guns I use a softball bag. Cut the hand off an aluminum bat to fit over the barel for extra Jason borne points.
>>
>>29486445
>You people are in way too fucking deep if you think any of this shit is worth the money
I'm not saying that it's worth the money to me, but I can see why people might sink that much money into them. But that bag? I'll carry my fucking rifle in the box it came in.
>>
>>29484487
i use a jansport backpack. fits any 11.5" carbine readyily enough, and is inconspicuous in most urban and suburban areas.

has room in side for a camelbak bladder, mesh pockets for tools or a meal, acts as a dump pouch when you need it. the smaller zip pocket fits 6 magazines perfectly with maybe room for one more if it's sideways.
>>
File: time for school.jpg (812 KB, 1900x1267) Image search: [Google]
time for school.jpg
812 KB, 1900x1267
>>29484913
A backpack.
>>
>>29486456
The price is justified thusly:
Made in America
Highly customizable
Quality materials and hardware

Cheaper gets you:
Made in China
Cheap materials and hardware

I'll pay a $100 premium for the materials and made in America every day. If only I could justify a $200 premium for electronic optics.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.