[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rage thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: sksrage.png (133 KB, 562x472) Image search: [Google]
sksrage.png
133 KB, 562x472
>go with a friend and his new norinco sks to the range
>lots of ammo on some questionable stripper clips
>first loads and fires fine
>second magazine experiences a chain fire
>maybehejustbumpfiredonaccident.jpg
>I go to shoot
>load another clip
>first four shots are good
>fifth shot is a three round burst
>wtfisthisshit.mp4
>Meanwhile the stripper clips keep on failing to load
>resort to manually loading the gun
>go to fire again
>two round chainfire
>bolt locks halfway open
>shell casing is stuck in the breech
>next round has been horribly disfigured
Then we took it back to the funstore where they gave my friend a refund. He's gonna get another one at their other location later this week because he already bought 1000rnds of ammo. And the worst part? We had to drive like an hour each way to go to a place where we could shoot the damn thing.
>>
Of all the things that didn't happen this didn't happen the most
>>
>>29484185
>Made in China
>>
>>29484185
Did your friend CLEAN THE FUCKING GUN
>>
>>29484185
So you returned a full auto SKS?
>>
>>29484208
oh yeah. he made sure that it was really clean, and spent a week practicing field stripping the thing. It's his first fun, but he has previous experience shooting other people's guns and he pretty good with mechanical shit in general. He did a ton of research and made sure the thing was mechanically sound before he bought it.
>>
>>29484208
Implying cleaning will help kek.
> buys AR15
> never cleans
> never malfunctions
> the end
>>
>>29484224
It wasn't actually full auto. Sometimes it would just randomly fire 2-3rnds with a single trigger pull. we only got 40rnds through it before it experienced a jam too severe to fix at the range.
>>
>>29484202
Oh it fucking happened. The jam can be blamed on us trying to briefly run brass ammo through it (learned later that the sks is supposed to be steel case only), but the chain fires were very much something being wrong with the gun.
>>
>>29484249
Poorfags need guns too.
>>
>>29484388
Won't be too long before an SKS costs more than a cheapshit AR build.
>>
>>29484277

Probably a firing pin/firing pin spring issue. It could be as simple as that he covered the bolt in too much lube and the firing pin channel got filled with fouling and made the firing pin stick. Commercial brass case hunting ammo also tends to have soft primers that can exacerbate the problem. Those are the most common causes of slamfires in SKSs afaik.
>>
>>29484425
>fireing pin spring
Do they make them new with one?
Mines free floating.

Im wondering how an sks fires while loading, maybe i didnt read that right.
>>
>>29484388
Checked

Sks is a great rifle. Who doesnt want one?
>>
>>29484663
Anyone who has the cognitive function of an autistic snail.
>>
>>29484185
>All these people that don't understand SKS slamfire.

I hate day/k/are
>>
>>29484185
You're a poorfag who is inexperienced with firearms.
>>
>>29484185
or he could get a better rifle.
>bbbuhhh muhhh poorfags
I got a ruger AR556 for 600 bucks, like 650 with tax.
most mosins and SKS' are around 400, so save up a bit more and get something much better.
>>
should have got a yugo
>>
>>29484786
>Mosin
>400

They've gotten stupidly expensive, but not that stupid.
>>
>>29484830
thats about what they are here in NM. most slavshit in shootable condition hovers about 400 here, sadly.
>>
>>29484830
>go to gunshop
>3 mosin carbines ~$320
>go to gunshow
>2 rusted piece of shit mosins ~$500
>>
File: IMG_5828.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5828.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>29484862
hey NM buddy, Albuquerque here
>>
>>29484929
oh shit, me too.
I'm roughly on the RR/ABQ line.
you?
>>
>>29484873
>Go to gun store
>All matching 1944 for $250 with bayonet
>Bretty gud
>Still would have cost half much two years good
>TFW I missed my chance
>>
>>29484946
More NW area, west side is best side mi rite?
Have you been out to the BLM land to shoot? I can't find any spots that haven't been populated in the last two years
>>
>>29485054
nah, not really.
mostly go to calibers and sometimes out to the double eagle range, and that's really it.
I don't wanna go out innadesert and shoot because of all the people on ATVs and shit, and I don't feel like dealing with cops.
>>
>>29485054
That's where we went to shoot. It's kinda scary, what with all the drunk rednecks fucking around with guns and ATVs.
>>
>>29484277
>The jam can be blamed on us trying to briefly run brass ammo through it (learned later that the sks is supposed to be steel case only)
The fuck?
>>
>>29485083
>>29485100
Aye I go to calibers too, prolly seen you guys there.
I got shot at last time I went to Rio Puerco last july, I think one of you guys helped us out.
>>
>>29485168
I meant blm land. Portlandfag here.
>>
>>29485218
Kyle?
>>
>>29485139
The brass casings expand more, and this means they can get stuck. One got stuck on a chain fire, and the extractor ripped part of the back of the casing off. The next round tried to load anyways, and as a result the bullet got shoved a lot deeper into the casing.
>>
>>29485240
Why didnt you tell your friend to stop being a cuck and either clean or get a new firing pin or mod it with a spring like everyone else?
>>
>>29485240
Sounds like a slav problem
>>
>>29484202
>He doesn't know what SKS slamfiring is

It's common on SKS's, my 1952 Russian had the same issue and it took filing the firing pin down a thousandth of an inch to keep it from happening again.
>>
>>29485251
It was clean, and I'm not an expert on this stuff either.
>>
>>29484208
>>29484245
Did he clean the firing pin channel thoroughly? Maybe there's some cosmoline in there that needs to be melted out, which can be done with a heat gun or even a blowdryer.

Maybe it's got a broken pin, or what >>29484425 said.
>>
>>29484185
>>29484277

>all of this shitposting

Are you people fucking retarded?
This thread is a troll
>>
File: MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg (125 KB, 729x787) Image search: [Google]
MUH FO4FU in cammies.jpg
125 KB, 729x787
>>29484185
This is bait...
>>
>>29485336
It's actually not. I'm just apparently somehow even more of a retard than I thought I was. Time to buy a much smaller gun and a single bullet.
>>
>Be 13-year-old me
>Want to go shoot
>Go to local gun shop with my dad
>Not much there (Would later close due to low sales)
>Decide on a little revolver; an RIA M206 in .38 special
>Dad tries to buy it
>Can't
>Even though my dad is a veteran and has a squeaky clean record, it still gets denied
>System confuses him for his dad, a kiddy diddler and a raging meth addict
>Can't get the gun
>Idiots still think years later that background checks do anything to stop crimes
>>
>>29484249

>posting the "lol AR15 never needs to be cleaned" meme 50 years after it being disproved
>"b-but mine never jams firing it under ideal conditions at the range after lubricating it"
>>
>>29487743
Never name your child after yourself is the lesson to be learned here
>>
>>29484185
A. CLEAN the rifle
B. Load your stripper clips and leave them alone, buy alot of them to plus, use the point ur thumb to load the rifle
>>
>>29487743
Why didn't he just put his SSN on the form?
>>
>buys surplus gun
>doesn't clean it of cosmoline
OP you are fucking retarded.
>>
>>29487743
>go into local pawn shop, owner is brotier even though I keep sniping deals when I see them, we discuss guns, b.o.b.s, etc a lot since I work next door and have a lot of down time
>see a nice, brand new stag AR there
>get my background check filled out
>half jokingly tell him it might take a while since I found out recently I'm on FBI watch lists (as is anyone who helps arrange public shoots on 4chan)
>he gives me the "fucking great I'll be on the phone for an hour" look
>less than ten minutes later he finds me and tells me I was OK'd immediately

Apparently being on a watchlist for doing perfectly legal stuff actually gets them to process your shit faster.
>>
>>29487743
>not a Delay
>if Deny no appeal was made
Either your dad is fucking retarded or this never happened.
>>
>actually saying fun instead of gun

Hang yourself
>>
File: downloadfile.jpg (24 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile.jpg
24 KB, 600x450
>>29487755
>thinking it's still 1965

Pic related. 14k rounds of wolf, lubed every 1k, no malfunctions.
>>
File: Symptoms-vomiting.jpg (1 MB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
Symptoms-vomiting.jpg
1 MB, 2550x3300
>>29491288
>>
>>29491313
Slavic cucks have been at it hard lately. Must be spring break somewhere
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.