[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey guys its me the guy who contaminated his house because of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: AAAGAS-132-2.jpg (34 KB, 490x300) Image search: [Google]
AAAGAS-132-2.jpg
34 KB, 490x300
hey guys its me the guy who contaminated his house because of a gas mask from ww2
>recently breathing problems
>cant sleep well
>cant walk up stairs without getting out of breath
>lungs hurt
>yawning hurts
>throat pains
im fucked
>>
File: skeptical.jpg (9 KB, 298x273) Image search: [Google]
skeptical.jpg
9 KB, 298x273
>>29483447
How does a gas mask contaminate ones house?
>>
>>29483464
Asbestos.
>>
>>29483464
Some old ones used asbestos and other not so good components for filtration.
>>
>>29483464
aspestes powder
>>
>>29483481
OK. I don't know anything about the construction of WWII era gas masks, so I'll just go with that.
>>
>>29483447
Asbestos is nothing to fuck with.

You need to air out your home and replace your air filters every few days.

Keep doors and windows open and stay out of the house as much as you can.

Vacuum the entire house as much as you can.

Wear an N95 for the next few weeks (1-2) when inside the house.

Dont be an idiot and permafuck your lungs.
>>
did anyone cap the original post
>>
>>29483514
too late faggot
i contaminated my house 4 months ago
>>
>>29483464
Pretty much every WW2 and older gas mask used asbestos filters.

Not sure if it's still in effect, but pretty sure eBay banned the sale of them for a while because of the safety hazards. Practically every single place that you CAN buy them from, warns you to never ever ever put it on for any reason and they usually recommend that you store it in a locked container.
>>
>>29483447
asbestos usually takes years of repeated exposure to become toxic enough to give you cancer so unless you hit the mesothelioma lottery it's probably something different, as recently as vietnam the US forces issued asbestos mittens to m60 gunners to change hot barrels
>>
>>29483541
They still use it in brake pads and clutch disks. Shit turns into brake dust, and mechanics breath that shit.
>>
>>29483447
asbestos takes 30 years for you to notice there's a problem, it's probably psychosomatic. get yourself some obamacare if you don't have insurance already, high cost, low deductible, don't mention you've been having trouble breathing signing up for it and go to a doctor.
>>
>>29483599
i live in canada i dont need to pay
>>
>>29483528
You fucking idiot.

It is too late.

All you needed was common sense. No point wearing an N95 now you fucking idiot.

0 sympathy for darwin-award winners
>>
>>29483632
i know im fucked faggot
dont rub it in my face
>>
>>29483599
That's not true, many 9/11 first responders got cancer from breathing all the asbestos rescuing people from the buildings
>>
>>29483626
then why haven't you been to a doctor already?

have you tested your house for for asbestos?
http://www.amazon.com/Pro-Lab-AS108-Asbestos-Yourself-Test/dp/B000DZDSII
other shit like chromium?
>>
>>29483672
other chemicals were probably to blame
>>
>>29483691
i live in the yukon
>>
>>29483541
Thank you, I was afraid I was the only one on /k/ tonight who wasn't a complete fucking retard.
>>
>>29483706
No it was the asbestos that filled the air on and around ground zero

It can be anywhere from a single exposure to multiple exposures to develop issues from asbestos. Its a lottery.
>>
>>29483709
get a stethoscope and perform a self test
>>
>>29483539
There is a ton of ww2 gas masks on eBay
>>
>>29483754
dont have one
>>
>>29483655

Original post
>I'm fucked

other people agree that you're fucked.
>don't rub it in my face

Good job
>>
File: 1442705159310.jpg (357 KB, 376x620) Image search: [Google]
1442705159310.jpg
357 KB, 376x620
>>
>>29483844
;/\)
>>
>>29483706
>>29483672
Those guys probably got a hella high dose of asbestos exposure; it was likely a part of the dust.

I'm not saying they did or didn't, and I'm in the camp that in small doses it takes a while for cancer to develop if at all, but if you get a shit ton of it all at once, you might be screwed..maybe.
>>
Be carefull OP, there is a factory in my country that produced asbestos not too far from me and fuckloads of them died. Good news is though the aggressive cancer it produces; mostly they only start 20-30 years after exposure (Mesothelioom). Most of the patients die after 1 year. Sometimes it even takes up to 40 years. That's plenty of time.
>>
>>29483769
that's why i said get one.
http://www.amazon.com/Everdixie-Dual-Head-Stethoscope-Pink/dp/B000FSIV6M/ref=zg_bs_3777201_3
>>
OP is probably fucked for good. Nothing to do with his little gas mask though. There is no cure for his levels of stupid.
>>
>>29483965
He was bound to kill himself anyways
>>
>80% of the patients die within the year
>few few survive 2 years
>no cure

RIP
I
P

Tell the rest of the people living in the house. They need to know
>>
>>29483988
The sooner the better.
>>
Generally, of all the people diagnosed in England with mesothelioma, around 46 in every 100 men and around 51 in every 100 women, will survive their disease for at least 1 year.
Generally, of all the people diagnosed in England with mesothelioma, around 6 in every 100 men and around 12 in every 100 women will survive their disease for at least 5 years.

RIP
>>
>>29484031
>HEADLINE: Autistic man inadvertantly kills entire family after breaking open an asbestos filter from WW2

>Man does nothing and he and his family sits in the suspended asbestos dust for 4 months
>>
>>29483672
My great uncle's wife was caught in the cloud of dust when the towers collapsed and she developed pretty serious thyroid cancer afterwards that was attributed to being exposed to it.

They both said they had to stuff towels under the doors and on their windows so none of the dust could get into their apartment. That had to suck so bad.
>>
OP tell your family. If it get detected early, you can save a few weeks/month with surgery
>>
I have a related issue.
around halloween a few years ago I was making a costume of some kind of post-apocalyptic survivor, and said costume included a gas mask.
I know it was czech but I don't know the model.
I'll try to find a pic of it.
anyway, I wore it with the filter on it for about 4 hours that night.
during that time I got lightheaded and for a while I had a headache, haven't had asbestos symptoms since.
but I still have the mask and filter.
did I royally buttfuck myself?
>>
>>29484221
Its called not getting enough air
>>
I have an asbestos filter in my basement but I've never opened it. Should I just throw it out? I'm worried it's contaminating my house
>>
>>29484236
that makes more sense, but I'm just kinda paranoid now.
>>
>>29484268
Yes.
Why would you keep it???
You cannot use it and it causes cancer.

Unless you want cancer
>>
>>29484286
he's on 4chan, he already has cancer.
but yeah, get rid of that thing.
DO NOT just put it in your garbage can, you gotta take that shit to a special place.
look up what to do in your city/state/whatever.
>>
>>29484286
Well I'm gonna throw it out the next time I'm home, I'm living in a dorm now. But could it be like leaking out into the air just from sitting there?
>>
From Wikipedia, not sure if true. If you had a GP-5 you may be okay unless you damaged the filter.

Many scare stories have originated from various Russian gas masks and their filters that are now common in surplus stores; the GP-5 was often considered to have an asbestos filter. In October 2013, an asbestos lab in Salt Lake City found out that the particle filter is made of 7.5% asbestos.[citation needed] The filter is made so that the asbestos fibers cannot be breathed in, if the filter layer is not damaged.[citation needed]. Nearly all Russian cold war period masks contain asbestos.[citation needed]
>>
>>29484319
probably not, it'd need to have loose asbestos to start with, have to be open to the air like have rust holes, and be disturbed by airflow or shaking.
>>
Shit, I used to have one of these 5 or so years ago. I wore it a few times with the filter on.

How much longer have I got to live?
>>
>>29484427
>GP-5
hmm, well that's apparently the one I had.
>>
I remember a greentext once about an anon who collected gas masks. Odd things started happening in his house, and one morning he woke up with his Cancer-mask strapped to his face. Anyone have it? Might be made up, but pretty spooky iirc.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.