[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If 1940's Nazi Germany and modern Germany got into a war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Adolf Hitler.jpg (5 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
Adolf Hitler.jpg
5 KB, 182x277
If 1940's Nazi Germany and modern Germany got into a war with each other 1 on 1 who would win?
>>
Nazi Germany, because at least they had balls.
>>
The world
>>
I don't think WWII tanks could even penetrate modern armor.
>>
Civil War? Or what would be the theather?
>>
>>29482318
Probably modern Germany. A good portion of the citizens and even the military of Nazi Germany had no faith in the regime and would jump at the chance to defect to a better, future version of their very own home. Plus, you know, modern technology.
>>
Nothing the 40s Germans have could defeat the Puma.
>>
>>29482382
except the defecting Wehrmacht soldiers would learn about all the kebabs in modern Germany and go right back into nazi ranks after grabbing a few modern weapons as souvenirs for the Nazis to reverse-engineer
>>
>>29482318
1940's Europe would like modern Germany better and ally with them
>>
>>29482382
>Better

Not even /pol/ but come on...
>>
Bundeswehr soldiers would defect to Wehrmacht and bring all the funs with them.
>>
>>29482360
right because since the 1940s we've created super future metal that can only be penetrated by super future metal bullets
>>
>>29482567
We've developed significantly better defenses against shaped charges.
>>
>>29482567
What the fuck are you even saying? That Pz IIIs, which couldn't even penetrate T-34, could penetrate Leopard 2's armor, because we don't have super future metal?
>>
>>29482567

>2016
>Can't into reflective/reactive armor

Shiggy Diggy
>>
File: 00027236.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
00027236.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>29482567
Stronger metals? No.
Composite and layered armors? Yes.

Taking the 75mm gun on the Panther with APCR, the penetration at 100m was 265mm (This number is from Wikipedia so it can easily be taken with a grain of salt.)
Perfectly respectable by WW2 standards but entirely useless for penetrating current tanks frontally.Modern composites and armor packages can give around 900mm equivalent of RHA.
If they got a shot at the rear or side, maybe they could pen. But then would be killed long before they got that opportunity because they are relying on visual spotting where as modern tanks have a variety of means to detect targets.
>>
>>29482682
plus if I were fighting WWII -era Germany & my side had modern equipment I'd fight them at night, especially their mechanized forces.

Sure with modern equipment it's not necessary to fight them at night, but I'd be under no obligation to play fair either.
>>
>>29482382

I'd actually expect a fair portion of modern Germans to defect to Nazi Germany's side, just to get rid of the cultural enrichment going on.
>>
>>29482318
>Nazi Germany vs modern Germany
>Merkel cries super hard at the sight of her ancestors
>modern Germans figure out that most nazis besides the SS weren't even that racist
>bundeswehr understand the need to remove kebab and Merkel to make Germany great again
>they team up to purge the lands of sjw cucks who feel the need to apologize to their rapists
>new beatiful Germany arises and everyone is happy
>spring time for hitler plays in the back ground as Krystal nacht 2.0 occurs
>>
>>29482682
>Taking the 75mm gun on the Panther with APCR
>1940s German army
>>
>>29482853
>Nazi Germany vs modern Germany
>Nazi Germans cry when they realize modern Germany has things like butter and coffee
>80 million Germans defect for the glory of 3 euro doner kebab
>kebab music plays
>>
>>29482318
fuck you /k/ I never wanted to be a neo nazi before this fucking thread
>>
>>29482867
out of the cannons in German arsenal the 75mm on Panther had the best penetration
>>
>>29482909
I'm taking the op to mean Germany of 1940, but I guess it could also be Germany of the 40s as a decade.
>>
>>29482954
ahh, well knowing the grammar of your average English-speaker on the Interwebz nowadays I always expect people to put their aposthropes in the wrong place...
>>
>>29482337
this
>>
>>29482382
fuck you cuck
>>
>>29482819
who wouldnt :^)
>>
In the first meeting between Hitler and Merkle, Hitler will bring Blondi with and in a pants shitting shitfit Merkle will capitulate.
>>
File: 1454200298177.gif (2 MB, 352x264) Image search: [Google]
1454200298177.gif
2 MB, 352x264
>>29483586
>Hitler bringing Blondie
True words

>>29482567
>2016
>Being illiterate
>>
File: BundeswehrSpiegel.jpg (39 KB, 537x372) Image search: [Google]
BundeswehrSpiegel.jpg
39 KB, 537x372
Nazi air superiority despite the technological odds.
>>
Modern Germany's military is tiny and poorly maintained.

Nazi Germany's army is millions strong and well equipped.

Air war would be a complete shit show. Modern would slaughter in all engagements. Yet they could not hope to handle the thousands of luftwaffles.

Sea battle is more of the same. Hundreds of U boats would get killed, but they would overwhelm the tiny modern navy.

Crystal Meth enhanced Nazis blitz Modern Germany on the ground. Modern German soldiers give up and cry for safe space.
>>
>>29482318
Russia
>>
File: 1385208271182.jpg (3 KB, 125x123) Image search: [Google]
1385208271182.jpg
3 KB, 125x123
>>29482318
>who would win?
Who other than the hook nosed men?
>>
File: jv44-dora9.jpg (446 KB, 1100x811) Image search: [Google]
jv44-dora9.jpg
446 KB, 1100x811
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34983396

Worst Germany will desperately keep the operational jets in the air and try to restore the remaining ones, but they cannot stay in the air forever nor be everywhere. When the Nazis realize that they have no chance against the jets when they are airborne, they will simply attack them on the airfields, where they are vulnerable.
>>
Does the Bundeswehr still have a lot of their Cold War toys in storage?
>>
>>29484673
no.

turned into immigrant housing rebar, or sold off.
>>
>>29484257
I think modern Germany might stand a chance at sea. The Type 212s could kill as many U-Boats and surface ships as they have torpedos, and the U-boats have no real way of fighting back (I think a submarine sinking another one while submerged happened literally once in all of WW2). I do agree that on land and in the air they'd probably be drowned in numbers.
>>
>>29484257
>thousands of luftwaffles.
In Finland we'd simply call that "a target-rich environment" before spray & praying with small arms by the company
>>
>>29482888
>implying they would turn their back on Hitler and their race for that stuff

>implying they wouldn't be horrified by what germany has become
>>
Nazi would win by far.

AL the towels heads would join the Nazis and destroy modern Germany. Hell towel heads are doing a fairly good job by then selves.
>>
>>29482382
>maybe Hitler is just crazy... Fuck this
>takes a look at modern Germany...
>HEIL HITLER!!!

What You say is untrue though. They had more discipline and will to fight than anyone else. Fighting for one's own people is the biggest fight of anyonrs life
>>
>>29482318
Nazi Germany because they had a better leader than Mama Merkel
Also the G36c is an overrated piece of shit people just like because it looks like a sci fi gun. It overheats like mad and is the German military' rifle "for when they're not at war"
Even Germans hate it. A Kar98 would easily fuck up any modern cuck with a melty plastic ow my hands sci fi aesthetic nerf gun.
>>
File: 1362051673433.png (262 KB, 491x491) Image search: [Google]
1362051673433.png
262 KB, 491x491
>>29482382
>>
>>29482360
I don't think it would matter, if 1940 Germany had a much larger force, they would overwhelm them. Bombing the shit out of everything, and quickly overtaking areas, netting needed supplies and equipment.

If what google turned up can be trusted, Germany now has tanks numbering in the hundreds, but in the 1940's produced thousands of tanks, and other armored vehicles.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_armored_fighting_vehicle_production_during_World_War_II

More importantly, is the amount of soldiers 1940's Germany possessed.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army_%28Wehrmacht%29

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Army

It looks like if 1940's Germany took the initiative, they would devour them on sheer numbers alone. Despite modern equipment, it won't matter against a swarm of nazi locust.
>>
>>29482318
Modern. We already dismantled hitlers "blitz" tactics. I seem to recall those retards were still using horses for their supply route too.
>>
>>29487897
They had about 2000 tanks at any given time. They stand no chance.

>muh zergrush
Just artillery fodder.
>>
>>29482479

WWII Nazi's becoming future-fied into future Nazi's.

I am having a hard time contemplating a "double Nazi".
Almost sounds like a board game.
>>
>>29488103
the new wolfenstein braj

I dont understand why everyone wants to overthrow the new reich, yeah they're DA BAD GUYS and they put down tards who will never lead a meaningful existence, but what do they REALLY do wrong? The pace that engineering and science moved at under their regime was amazing
>>
>>29482382
>A good portion of the citizens and even the military of Nazi Germany had no faith in the regime and would jump at the chance to defect

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA faggot youre thinking of the soviet union
>>
>>29487897
>they would overwhelm them. Bombing the shit out of everything
Their bombers wouldn't even be allowed to leave the base.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.