[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best scope/optic to put on an M1A Scout Squad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: AA9122_2.jpg (317 KB, 1800x370) Image search: [Google]
AA9122_2.jpg
317 KB, 1800x370
What's the best scope/optic to put on an M1A Scout Squad?
>>
If you were actually hoping to put any kind of optic other than a micro RDS you're going to be bitterly disappointed.

To get proper optics on an M1A you would need a cheek riser of some kind, a proper mount that will be a huge pain in the ass to install and keep tightened, and rings that keep the scope as low as possible on the rifle.

If you wanted proper optics on an M1A you should've bought a SCAR 17 or AR-10.
>>
File: f3mosin9130puX2.jpg (95 KB, 800x520) Image search: [Google]
f3mosin9130puX2.jpg
95 KB, 800x520
stick a PU on it
you know you want to
>>
>>29479398
The irons.
>>
>>29479398
If not a scout scope or red dot on the hand guard, check out M14.ca
>>
>>29481380
>If not a scout scope or red dot on the hand guard
That's what I'm asking about though.
The M1A Scout Squad has a forward mounted rail.
What are the best options for a scout scope, red dot, or any other optic to mount there?
>>
bump for night /k/
>>
Probably a garbage can
>>
>>29479398
There are not to many LER optics out there that are worth a damn...

My vote is for the swan#18 Mount and a USO T-pal in 1-8 x
>>
>>29484323
MR-10 1.8-10x *** my bad.
>>
>>29479398
If you use it like you're supposed to, a quality red dot like an aimpoint. Not sure specifically which aimpoint I'd run on a scout mount, but a larger tube would probably be preferably, comp M3 if all else fails.
>>
>>29483772
FUCKING BEAT ME
>>
A small red dot.

I have a bassett mount on mine, and Its a pain in the dick to stay zero.

The M1A is not a good scope host.
>>
>>29485196
My FA 3-point mount does a pretty good job of keeping the scope where it's supposed to be, but it was pretty annoying to get it set right and lock-tighted in place.
>>
>>29479398
Whatever you can afford after selling the M1A Scout Squad.

Apply yourself.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.