[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle East Thread "Quraytayn libre EDITION"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
File: BozanskaK.png (1 MB, 1058x794) Image search: [Google]
BozanskaK.png
1 MB, 1058x794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRN_z5zbXEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti5QEAN2T8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mncn04z95yM
>>
>>29476795
Does anyone have any news regarding the south Aleppo front?
>>
>>29476835
So, it seems, regarding the south Aleppo front, that the SAA and allies have regained every territory lost previously, exception being Al-Eis.

Which is bad for them, because Al-Eis is very geographically strong, a high point in the vastness of the south Aleppo plains and fields.
>>
Pro rebel sources are also reporting that the SAA has taken Al Qaryatayn

>>29476835
Nothing new since yesterday
>>
>>29476888
Also, this attack by Nusra and friends was actually really good for the regime in terms of narrative, because they can now argue that the rebels don't want the ceasefire.

>>29476893
I've read that also, seems like it's comfirmed by every source.

What would be the plan of action for the SAA now? Widen the buffer zone on each side of the road to Palmyra and try to advance east with troops released from the Qaryatain advance?
Focus completely on the ISIS bulge in Homs/Hama?
Pressure the rebels?

What do you think, my syrian friend?
>>
>>29476888
>every territory lost previously, exception being Al-Eis
That SAA damage control- As if the rebels had taken anything worth noting apart from Al-Eis.
>>
File: JednaRuka.jpg (35 KB, 480x569) Image search: [Google]
JednaRuka.jpg
35 KB, 480x569
SAA advancing towards Al-Sukhna.
>>
>>29476916
Well, they advanced south of Hader too and took some towns there, which were regained by the government, I don't see where I'm wrong, with what I said.

>>29476921
Looks like Mandic answered it, Zvezda.
Not the brightest course of action, I think.
>>
File: BigF.jpg (113 KB, 1024x696) Image search: [Google]
BigF.jpg
113 KB, 1024x696
>9S18M1 / MAZ-537
>>
>>29476944
What are they carrying?
>>
>>29476910
Well the SAA's priority was Palmyra and after that everyone was complaining about leaving Al Qaryatayn behind while pushing for Deir Ez Zor.
It's like the SAA listened and went back for Al Qaryatayn.

With that settled, it's very likely that they will resume their push for Deir Ez Zor, specially since the Russians are still helping them against ISIS.
ISIS was threatening the SAA's supply line in Hama, so dealing with that won't hurt either.
East Aleppo has been also tough for ISIS lately with both the rebels and YPG/SDF advancing. The SAA might want to take advantage to push for Al Bab/Deir Hafer.

I guess time will tell.
>>
>>29476983
I really think the SAA should take at least Khunayfis in the south of Palmyra, to create a good buffer zone, protecting both Qaryatain and Tiyas.
>>
>>29477007
It would also open another supply route towards Palmyra and Deir-ez-Zor, if the railway there isn't blown to bits.
>>
>>29477007
ISIS will not take these loses lightly, they will certainly mount attacks and keep harassing the SAA in the Homs Desert.
Creating a buffer zone would be a good idea indeed.
>>
I wonder what motivated ISIS in daraa governate to start an offensive against the rebels. Even if they win they will be weakened and an easier target for the government
>>
>>29477052
And (I might be incorrect) the way up to Khunayfis doesn't even have any hardpoints. Just some hills and desert. It should be rather easy for a well coordinated SAA force to take the area and later hold it against incursions.
>>
File: Shia lebuff.jpg (52 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
Shia lebuff.jpg
52 KB, 600x500
So what's happening in Latakia? The SAA have lost 4 villages there now right?
>>
>>29477149
Seems like it, although government sources are quiet about it.

Also, the rebels keep slowly advancing in north Aleppo against ISIS, along the border with Turkey. Turkish forces are providing cover with artillery fire.

In other news, SDF keeps advancing towards Deyr-ez-Zor, taking an oil field south west of Rwashid. They're now less than 45km from the city controlled by the government.
>>
File: 9S18M11.jpg (54 KB, 640x415) Image search: [Google]
9S18M11.jpg
54 KB, 640x415
>>29476952
Read the goddamn greentext.
>>
>>29477224
Is it still possible for ISIS to take Deyr-ez-Zor ?
>>
>>29477331
It depends on a lot of factors.
If SAA wasn't advancing towards it from the west, and if the SDF wasn't advancing towards it from the north, ISIS capturing the place would be certain, if only a matter of time.

But ISIS has been bleeding troops, and the big bad kurds, shias and government are coming.
I don't think ISIS will ever take the city. Not now that their fortunes have changed, at least.
>>
>>29476916
Except they did

The loss of more than just Al-Eis was what sparked all the shitposting about le SHIT SAA in the last thread.

Can't have your cake and eat it.
>>
The reason advancing to Sukhna is the proper strategy is two fold

1. Showing the UN the SAA is the only force able to completely defeat ISIS.
2. Forcing the Kurds to push closer to Deir ez Zour.
>>
>>29477693
>1. Showing the UN the SAA is the only force able to completely defeat ISIS.
Did they ever win against ISIS before their friends came to the rescue?
>>
File: VuceNijeVruce.jpg (222 KB, 1000x882) Image search: [Google]
VuceNijeVruce.jpg
222 KB, 1000x882
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C88mHZj4XRI
>>
>>29477724
It doesn't really matter, what matters is the narrative, and the actions that support said narrative.
If the government can show that they can punch ISIS in the face sometimes, the west will be a little more inclined to help Assad and its army instead of the rebels.

Why do you think the USA and friend were in a hurry to train and deliver a group of rebels in south Syria (the New Syrian Army), coincidentially after the government and friends started advancing against ISIS in Aleppo, Homs and Hama? To show that the rebels were still capable of attacking ISIS and thus show to the world they were good guys and were substitutes to the Baath Party.
>>
>>29477724
They stopped the Mahin/Sadad offensive and were holding some of the economic and military infrastructure in the desert and are still holding more or less their part of Deir az-Zour, even if it was shrinking over the year.

So yes, mostly defensive victories. But still better then the major losses against the rebels in the north.
>>
How the hell do you pronounce Al Qaryatayn? That's been bugging me since it fell awhile back.
>>
>>29477933
Like every arabic name, you can spell it a million different ways with the latin alphabet.
>>
Anyone else got the feeling that ISIS might be readying themselves for a big push or attack?

Apart from a few raids on outposts all they have been doing is losing ground lately. While this 'works' for them seeing as this opens up a lot of oppertunities for something they do best, insurgency, it can't be good for their image abroad. Looking at the fact they need foreign fighters to sustain their numbers they might need a big play.

What would be feasable? All out attack on Deir in the hopes to crush SAA morale? Lagre scale attack on the Iraqi army in the hopes of getting some free loot?
>>
File: 1459597746454.jpg (151 KB, 1024x701) Image search: [Google]
1459597746454.jpg
151 KB, 1024x701
>>29477659
>>29476931
Thats the map from the old thread with the areas under attack (not captured btw)
Apart from Al Eis and Barnah above it, everything else seem to be pretty much empty land or some tiny villages in the middle of nowhere. And the attack on Barnah was repelled in the first place, so rebels never got it.

There is also the narrative (dont know if true but makes sense), that the only objective was Al Eis, solely done by Nusra; while everyone else (Faylaq, Ahrar, Div13) just put pressure on the surrounding areas without any intent to capture it.
>>
>>29477933
Like its spelled? Car/yah/tain?
>>
>>29477966
They've been bleeding cash and fighters badly lately. When was the last time they actually showed well focused initiative? It's been awhile.
>>
>>29478010
Interestingly, it was Palmyra.
Mahin and Qaryatain were just skirmishes, if you think about it.
>>
>>29478010
Exactly. It seems like they lost all initiative. It seems vital to regain some sort of momentum. Altough it could be that they are beyond the point of being able to mount any serious offensive action.
>>
>>29477966
>>29477966
No. They simply have suffered too high casualties.
You have to remember that they are fighting at least on 3 major frontlines in iraq and 3-4 major frontlines in syria, and are everywhere massively outnumbered and outequipped now. All while the most powerful air forces in the world bomb them, their financial and administrative infrastructure is destroyed and their most succesfull tactics (surprise attacks and semi-conventional mobile warfare) hardly work anymore due to constant surveillance in the skies and their equipment losses.

Whatever you think about their military capabilties, but its a wonder, that they were holding themselfs so well for 1,5 years.
But that is changing. While Mosul, Falujah, Raqqa and Deir may still be far in the future (i dont think any of them will fall this year) they are now losing ground everywhere
>>
File: 67733574.jpg (20 KB, 200x113) Image search: [Google]
67733574.jpg
20 KB, 200x113
US backed SouthFront begins Major-Attack contra Islamic State on all fronts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqnRT5Ii3cw
>>
>>29478146
They better attack Yarmouk Brigade and fast, they've been bleeding the reels territory in Daara.
>>
>>29478146
>SouthernFront
Into the trash it goes.
Besides, its not like there are even any frontlines with ISIS down here
>>
>>29477966
there isn't really a front they could attack on without getting pounded by airstrikes, if Russia hadn't of intervened they probably would have focused on the SAA. At the moment they really just don't have the manpower or resources to do much else but continue to defend what territory they still have.
>>
File: woolen operator.jpg (469 KB, 576x680) Image search: [Google]
woolen operator.jpg
469 KB, 576x680
>>29478170
>Into the trash it goes.
this is the EU/US footstep in syria. the war wont end when IS is gone.
>>
File: ka-52 syria.jpg (25 KB, 900x434) Image search: [Google]
ka-52 syria.jpg
25 KB, 900x434
Ka-52 and Mi-28 removing sandniggers.
>>
>>29478192
and they have failed spectaculary despite all the nice equipment.
The US should rather focus on the SDF and whatever FSa units have not been completely raped by Nusra in the north.
>>
File: 53.jpg (16 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
16 KB, 320x180
Syrian rebels mount offensive against government forces in Aleppo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_cX5py1Jw
>>
File: zoo.jpg (185 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
zoo.jpg
185 KB, 1000x707
>>29476944
> 9S18M1

It's actually 1L261 "Zoopark-1M" radar

>The “Zoopark-1” missile and artillery ground reconnaissance complex is designed to automatically determine the coordinates of enemy artillery positions (mortars, field artillery, rocket volley fire systems) and tactical missile launch positions); to provide target sighting information to its own countermeasure equipment, as well as to monitor its own firing results.
>>
File: Libdo.jpg (146 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
Libdo.jpg
146 KB, 500x324
>>29478215

>wop wop it's the sound of da liberator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyVFhCC4GiM
>>
>>29478217
What nice equipment? All i see is standard slavshit.
>>
>>29478263
Only Russia needs this because of inaccurate FCS and imprecise equipments.
>>
File: Libro.jpg (344 KB, 1024x1623) Image search: [Google]
Libro.jpg
344 KB, 1024x1623
>Palmyra offensive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDHV2Vqri8
>>
File: CfITCpMUMAAZaLs.jpg large.jpg (113 KB, 1024x870) Image search: [Google]
CfITCpMUMAAZaLs.jpg large.jpg
113 KB, 1024x870
Quraytayn had been liberated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y22k53mmm0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1tt_2QftY
>>
File: armored wut.png (399 KB, 632x468) Image search: [Google]
armored wut.png
399 KB, 632x468
I'm really glad that the SAA did a attack from three different points at the same time and succeeded to take Qaryatayn. I proposed this exact idea in the thread, soon after their last defeat, trying to get into the city through the southern farms.

The real problem now its that only a buffer zone, around the areas retaken in Homs, will not help to maintain ISIS away. If ISIS still have people left on Homs deserts, a series of raids on SAA positions, bases, checkpoints and supply lines, is to be expected. Each successful ISIS raid will supply them to continue doing them. And the SAA will probably move their best troops to other fronts now, again, and let badly motivated conscripts and militias guarding the newly recaptured points.

To everyone curious about the new Armenian–Azerbaijani military clash, this thread here >>29468928 is being very informative and Ive seen footage is doing a good job on it.

I also think that the 4th armored division is overdoing their armor. I cant even say what tank is under that amored cage, on the pic.
>>
>>29479042
I don't think so, regarding the armour.
That armor cage is mainly steel net and steel beams. Those are pretty light for a tank.
It would stress the tank more if they used sand bags, for example.
>>
>>29479287
Interesting, I didn't think on the weight stressed over the tank at all.

My main concerns about this kind of improvised armor, and mainly about this tank in specific, is the visibility for the crew, the way the tank would move in rough terrain and if wouldn't be difficult for the crew to bail out in emergency case.
>>
File: HezTum.jpg (3 KB, 112x130) Image search: [Google]
HezTum.jpg
3 KB, 112x130
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U1tt_2QftY
>>
>>29479537
Oh, I thought you were talking about the stress to the tank integrity.

Of course, there will be drawbacks. They have to find the sweet spot between protection and maneuverability and visibility. Visibility doesn't seem to be bad because of the net, but bailing out would be next to impossible in time, and maneuverability surely suffers with these cages.

The added weight also makes the tank consume more fuel, but that doesn't seem to be a problem with the SAA supply lines as good as they are.
>>
>>29479685
>that doesn't seem to be a problem with the SAA supply lines

What happened to road bombing convoys? Did all the fighters just flock to the rebel held areas so there is not much gorilla action going on?
>>
>>29479701
That only happened when there were convoys between Palmyra and Deyr-ez-Zor, and because the area was filled with ISIS guys.

Government held territories are apparently well defended from incursions of that kind.

There have been some car bombs that managed to slip past defenses in Homs governorate, though.
>>
File: Syria obama erdogan.jpg (60 KB, 1022x465) Image search: [Google]
Syria obama erdogan.jpg
60 KB, 1022x465
Syria livemap is reporting a new rebel offensive against Kinsabba that has had some sucess.

Anyone know more about it?
>>
Not much to mention at the end of the day

As mentioned earlier, the highlight of the day is Al Qaryatayn being recaptured by the SAA.

A few things worth noting are rebel advances in North Aleppo with them seizing 3 villages from ISIS according to pro rebel sources.
The rebels have also been able to push back ISIS affiliates advances in Daraa by recapturing Jallin and Al Sheikh Sa'ad.

Finally, according to pro rebel sources, a Jabhat Al Nusra commander named "Abu Firas Al Suri" has being killed by an American drone strike in Idlib with some of his security detail.
>>
File: H4.jpg (121 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
H4.jpg
121 KB, 960x720
>>
Is it me or the russians are using more and more helicopters ?
It seems to be pretty effective.
But then why did Putin talk about a retreat of the russian armies ?
>>
Update: Lions of Rojava not taking volunteers right now due to border issues with getting them to Syria
Estimates from YPG sources and armchair generals having volunteer slots opening back up in a month
>>
>>29480970
Putin downsized the Russian forces in Syria (announced the withdrawal of the "main part" of the Russian forces). Then he quickly claimed that Russian bases will continue operating.

After a few days later, it became clear that Russia was still helping out the SAA against ISIS only. Rebels and Jabhat Al Nusra have no longer been targeted however.
>>
>>29481956
And this leads into my first post back after the entire weekend. I reviewed what I missed and the general happenings and I wonder just like how the Taliban in Afghanistan are waiting for the Americans to leave before they make any major push for the country what's going happen in Syria when the Ruaf isn't there or US/Turkish artillery for that matter?

All these groups that need air power in the SAA's\YPGs case or artillery/selected US airstrikes in the FSAs case to hold their ground are going be scrambling. What happened over the weekend both good and bad for whatever side you are on only tells me this war is far from over for anyone. Settle in people.
>>
File: 1453166166001.jpg (7 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
1453166166001.jpg
7 KB, 198x200
So how quickly do you guys think the SAA will run away from Qatayrin and Palymyra this time?

One day? One hour?
>>
File: caged beast.png (489 KB, 1007x569) Image search: [Google]
caged beast.png
489 KB, 1007x569
>>29479685
With these kind of drawbacks, I think these 4th division "custom" tanks are probably better suited for the more urban environment that they generally are used.

>>29480362
We commented in the last thread that Rebels launched a new offensive in Latakia and that they captured three villages near Kensabba. Not much really happend after that, just the SAA responding in their manner, with artillery shelling and airstrikes, and I'm reading now, in liveuamap, that the Rebels captured a BMP near Kensabba.
>>
File: 1456595624004.jpg (81 KB, 604x550) Image search: [Google]
1456595624004.jpg
81 KB, 604x550
>>29482399

>Rebels launched a new offensive

Really, this kind of language is just sodomy of the actual term.

Those are noting but small raids by roving militiamen..

Your aggrandizing language makes it seem like these people know what they are doing and conducting disciplined military actions...

You have to cut that shit out lest you lose any credibility.
>>
>>29482451
On the scale of the conflict and in context of the faction a small raid by the FSA is an offensive.
>>
>>29482451
You mean they are "bandits", this is the correct term the Russians use in any conflict where they are fighting a rebellion.
>>
File: 1412641526083.png (19 KB, 462x320) Image search: [Google]
1412641526083.png
19 KB, 462x320
>>29482495

Yeah, I don't give a shit about that. But not under any definition of warfare can any of those actions be considered an "offensive". And you use these sensationalist bullshit terms in every thread.

It's more like:

>10 Jihad sand niggers move next to a concrete wall, and shoot over it, startling the "defending" 5 guys from the SAA (who were on their iPhones with their moms), who then ran away
>The building was occupied

This is such a shitty "war", fought so poorly, that to assign proper military terms is a disgrace to anyone who fought in an actual war.
>>
File: 1413183774555.png (312 KB, 558x558) Image search: [Google]
1413183774555.png
312 KB, 558x558
>>29482495

>>29482495

Yeah, I don't give a shit about that. But not under any definition of warfare can any of those actions be considered an "offensive". And you use these sensationalist bullshit terms in every thread.

It's more like:

>10 Jihad sand niggers move next to a concrete wall, and shoot over it, startling the "defending" 5 guys from the SAA (who were on their iPhones with their moms), who then ran away
>The building was occupied

This is such a shitty "war", fought so poorly, that to assign proper military terms is a disgrace to anyone who fought in an actual war.
>>
>>29482451
I was already called out for that during the SAA and allies operation in North Aleppo that cut the Azaz pocket. You are the same Anon?

I know that a offensive would be made by a larger force, a division or more, but the majority of our sources uses, incorrectly, the term and made difficult not use it too.

Also, like this anon said >>29482493
, the scale of things here are different, and so I dont think that we would have much problem for using it here.
>>
>>29482563
>>29482581
You are arguing over semantics and you posted the same thing twice so calm down.
>>
>>29482374
The butthurt is real. Stay mad Ahmed, IS is losing.

Seek sunlight, and lose your virginity
>>
Night bump
>>
File: 1459406780220.jpg (22 KB, 347x447) Image search: [Google]
1459406780220.jpg
22 KB, 347x447
>>29476749
call of duty brown ops syria when?
>>
>>29482842

I'm anti-ISIS and anti-sand nigger in general. I've just come to accept failure from the SAA and basically all mudslime armies.
>>
>>29481831
Can't they go into Iraq instead and go into Rojava through the Iraqi Kurdistan area?
>>
>>29486376
It's probably tighter border control on Kurds by Turkey, especially in response to recent domestic bombings that Turkey claimed were perpetrated by the PKK. Kurdish forces in Syria probably obtained a good chunk of Kurdish recruits from Turkey, but Turkey pretty much borders the majority of Kurdish Syria and Iraq and can shut down Kurdish inflow into these places if they want to.
>>
>>29482343
I think people quickly forget how long this war might last when the scales tip for one of the sides (not just here, all over the internet).

Luck, territory, strength, support, all of them change. The only thing that has not changed all this time is the fact that no side is any closer to winning this war.

In other news, I thought I would mention that both pro rebel and pro SAA sources are reporting an SAA counterattack on Al Eis.
>>
Give the basics for some westerner who wants to help out, volunteer for MODERATES and not be a party to any actual immoral war crime bullshit.

My friend doesn't want to fight anyone but actual badguys, and he was really in the military before too (I think he was overseas, talked about some scary shit once when he was drunk).
>>
>>29487563
Tell him to give a call to Assad or Soleimani.
>>
>>29487724
Pretty sure Assad is bad guy too, mien neger.
>>
Any news on the SAA progress towards the Nassib/Daraa crossing into Jordan?
>>
File: 1355690858604.png (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1355690858604.png
48 KB, 300x300
>M72 LAWs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_IY8jSRBBw
>>
>>29487844
The ceasefire between the SAA and rebels is still roughly in effect in Daraa. Except for uncommon shelling here and there in the past weeks, there has been no clashes between the two, therefore no attempts to advance by either side for quite some time.
>>
>>29487525
Yes any sane person knows Syria , Iraq, Afghan, Yemen, Somalia have no end in sight with the exception of Yemens Houthis who may take their winnings and go back to their territory with a peace deal but the war with Al Qaeda/IS will continue.

Reading breaking from pro IS reports of a large attack near the Deir Ezzor airbase with 2 VBIEDs. IS going all in Deir Ezzor. With the SAA clearing up eastern Homs it's only a matter of time before they try and break the Deir Ezzor siege. IS is racing against the clock and so is the SAA.
>>
>>29488030
Seems to me Deir might be a desperation gambit by IS. If they manage to take it before the SAA arrives it will be a major morale boost for IS and a big morale loss for the SAA. I think Deir has the potential to become the meatgrinder thats truely going to break IS.
>>
File: 1362690171001.png (381 KB, 500x1002) Image search: [Google]
1362690171001.png
381 KB, 500x1002
RIA Novosti: Chechen President Kadyrov will visit Syria soon at the invitation of President Assad.
>>
>>29487821

Is this bait?
>>
Fighting is ongoing in Iraq at Hit , near Fallujah, western Baghdad and on the Mosul front with IS vs the Iraqi government/Shia militas/ some US airpower today.

Going back to Syira twitter Ivan is posting RIP of a SAA republican guard general who was just killed in Deir Ezzor. IS is near the perimeter of the airbase again on the village of Jafrah's side. They killed a lot of SAA in the village.
>>
>>29488030
>>29488537
I'm reading from pro rebel sources that the fighting in Deir Ez zor is across multiple fronts in the city.
A race against time indeed.
>>
File: CfM8l5DUIAADMNe.jpg (134 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
CfM8l5DUIAADMNe.jpg
134 KB, 1024x683
The US Navy just seized an Iranian arms shipment going to Yemen. I hope they don't destroy them. Those AKs deserve a good home. Pls no hurt them.

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/716983388012347392
>>
Lastly interesting footage from recent FSA advances on IS in northern Aleppo. Exotic mix of US and Russian weapons. ZU-23 technical, .50 cal technicals , PKMs, SAW and M-16a2s and a BMP. One guy has trigger discipline....amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CroM0oA7_Po
>>
File: sunontheface.png (458 KB, 538x541) Image search: [Google]
sunontheface.png
458 KB, 538x541
>>29488537
Here's a photo of said Brigadier General, his name was Ibrahim Saleh Salloum. Never heard of him before.

Also about iranians; Arab Source reported that Iran announced that the 65th Airborne Brigade of the Special Forces (NOHED Brigade) has been deployed to Syria to train and advise the SAA. Those guys are not from the Revolutionary Guards or the Quds Brigade, they are from real army. This said, is expected that they will not perform directly or partake in any kind of battle, and will only train syrian soldiers and officers, far away from the battlefield.
>>
>>29488877
Yes and last news on Deir is heavy airstrikes on the airbase perimeter. Another Deir ground source is saying many SAA injured are coming to the hospital.
>>
>>29488985
More fresh Deir Ezzor aaction. Deir Ezzor SS claims IS took some prisoners as well in this latest attack and that heavy arty/airstrikes happening all over the city implying some of the airstrikes are SAA/Saaf retaliation for this.
>>
File: FPu84FFf.jpg (83 KB, 892x891) Image search: [Google]
FPu84FFf.jpg
83 KB, 892x891
>>29487875
>>
File: Jewing.jpg (154 KB, 1160x629) Image search: [Google]
Jewing.jpg
154 KB, 1160x629
>>29489164

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk8TEmKtX6A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MWxxe_YwBU
>>
File: 1430762485436.jpg (39 KB, 446x446) Image search: [Google]
1430762485436.jpg
39 KB, 446x446
How effective are the special units of the SAA, like the tiger forces and the Republican gaurd, relative to other units in the SAA? Are they overhyped and just better than the average conscript, or are they actual good units?
>>
>>29489956
As soldiers fine. They need Russian advisers or Iranians in large battles. The true improvement of the SAA ground forces are the Russians taking command. They are more methodical and clear grid squares before going forward. This only happened when the Russians told the SAA generals to STFU and get out of the way.
>>
File: 1431551472604.jpg (46 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1431551472604.jpg
46 KB, 1440x900
>>29490005
Also, is Suheil Al Hassan a good strategist, or is he just better at using SAA material superoity?
>>
File: 14578059512040.jpg (33 KB, 510x432) Image search: [Google]
14578059512040.jpg
33 KB, 510x432
>>29490163

>He is just propaganda tool.
>>
>>29490163
The tiger himself has become fat since Idlib so I am not sure if he actually leads men into battle or is just a propaganda piece. A couple of years ago he was a good commander. He doesn't do Op plans , he is at a lower level.
>>
ISIS going all in for Dier ez Zour

SAA pushing towards Sukhna

Rebels fighting ISIS in North Aleppo

Nusra/rebels fighting SAA in Aleppo, but now SAA counterattacks

Daraa is quiet

I guess we can consider the ceasefire in the North dead, as expected after Palmyra fell. It's about to heat up again.
>>
>>29476749
back to /his/ please.
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 480x459) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 480x459
>>29490279
>>
File: PrincB.jpg (43 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
PrincB.jpg
43 KB, 600x338
>Russian Soldier who Speaks Arabic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrEeeFedoU
>>
>>29490522
Not Russian, from his accent the guy is clearly Syrian.
He also identified himself as part of the armed branch of the Syrian Social Nationalist Party (SSNP) that is assisting the SAA.
>>
File: 2w71k6g.gif (1 MB, 196x197) Image search: [Google]
2w71k6g.gif
1 MB, 196x197
>spiritual enlightenment

Since the time of the Prophet to 1970 was in the Levant 7 thousand mosques, and since 1970 to today 's 27 thousand mosques.
>>
>>29489956

They are the only combat worthy units in the whole SAA.

The rest are just bench sitters.
>>
>>29490253
5 star a couple of SAA twitter guys + ypg/SDF guys says IS is not being beat by rebels in Aleppo province/border towns.

They say IS is giving the towns to the rebels so they can divert manpower to Deir Ezzor and other fronts. I would assume IS made a deal with the rebels + they would know turkey would never allow the YPG/SDF to capture towns like Azaz. What do you think?

I think its a logical theory, seeing ive seen 0 pictures of dead IS fighters from north aleppo in comparison to Rebel/IS fights in Daraa.
>>
>>29491331
Not 5 star but still.
Why aren't the Afrin SDF and SAA attacking ISIS in north Aleppo?
Its just propaganda, the area being fought over are villages with a dozen houses each, I doubt that there are that many defenders anyway so the dead if any are probably in very small numbers. If ISIS was going to make a deal with the rebels it would give rebels villages near rebel front lines and not villages along Turkish border. The villages they are loosing now give them no strategic advantage. Turn over one and you have to garrison the next one, its not shortening their lines with SDF or SAA or putting SDF/SAA into confrontation with Mare FSA. Plus Mare FSA have been fighting ISIS without interruption even when SDF attacked them.
>>
File: Zin.jpg (118 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Zin.jpg
118 KB, 960x720
>>29491909

>Why

TURK ROCHES. LOL!
>>
>>29491978
Nice answer, could you possible expand
>>
Fighting has finally reached al-Ra'i.
The area to the west of Ra'i (Qanitrah) is confirmed under FSA control (or whatever the actual rebel force involved is); rumours of the area to the south of Qanitrah (Kadrish) being taken are floating around this evening.
And now the FSA is battling ISIS directly in Ra'i.

Al-Ra'i is pretty important. In the whole Eastern Aleppo area of course the two most important towns are Manbij and Al-Bab, but out of the second row (Ra'i, Jarabulus, Sawran, Deir Hafir, Maskanah) the first two may be the more important ones, because they are border towns to turkey.
>>
>>29492417
For everyone wondering where it is.
Sure its villages only, but the Azaz pocket is now stretching pretty far east.
I dont think the kurds are too amused about it.
>>
>>29492479
damn
>>
File: 23243232.jpg (4 MB, 3372x1800) Image search: [Google]
23243232.jpg
4 MB, 3372x1800
>>29492493
and here one of the current offensive
>>
>>29492479
>>29492493
Isn't the Afrin pocket isolated logistically from the rest of Rojava, and also the only pocket that directly borders rebel territory that isn't under IS? I really do wonder how the Kurds are responding to these rebels.
>>
railway station outside of Al-Rai has been taken amid constant US airstrikes
>>
>>29492590
Yes. They reacted by taking over the southern Azaz corridor.
Thats why turkey is now supporting the recent rebel offensive along the border to make a hypothetical kurdish push eastwards towards Rojava impossible.
>>
>>29492417
>fsa
It's the turkish brigades doing this work.
>>
File: fat ali.png (958 KB, 558x960) Image search: [Google]
fat ali.png
958 KB, 558x960
>>29489956
The Tiger Forces and the Republican Guard are some of the best forces, on the Regime side, on this conflict. This don't mean that they are good compared to other military forces of the world, they are good and reliable units on the Syrian civil conflict, and would probably be considered at least decent compared with other units of the middle east region.

The great advantage of these units is that they are better motivated, better prepared, have greater autonomy of action and, probably, their lower ranks are taught to have more initiative. What make them shine even more, because all the rest of the army have a, old, culture of lack of initiative in the lower ranks.

Again, this doesn't mean that they would be all that good against other units of other countries of the middle east.

>>29490253
>The tiger himself has become fat since Idlib so I am not sure if he actually leads men into battle or is just a propaganda piece.

If you think that, wait to see this guy from the Tiger Forces, that Ivan is saying will be leading battle towards Sukhnah.
>>
>>29491331
Its sound more like propaganda to me. I wouldn't be surprised if true, but generally the proSAA and, principally, the proYPG twitter poster come with this kind of thing.

My theory is other. Some weeks ago, or already a month, a group of 12 ISIS fighters defected to the Rebels in Mare. Theses ISIS fighters probably said to the Rebels that the number of soldiers in their positions on the region was not really that big or have drastically decreased. A day or two after the ISIS fighters defect, the Rebels, that until there have been only defending from ISIS attacks, start to attack the northern villages and take them, culminating to the point we are now.

All the faction on this conflict have the problem that they forces, or their main forces, need to be constantly moving from one front to another. ISIS probably thought that the Rebels trapped in the Azaz pocket were less of a danger than other fronts, like Homs or Manbij, and that the YPG and SAA would made them busy, and so, redeployed the majority of their forces near north Aleppo to other places.

Talking on that, recent reports that the YPG is attacking Azaz now, and that the SAA is heavily shelling Hayyan, too.
>>
Sorry for the late update, I thought I would add a few things:

-According to pro rebel sources, the rebels have retaken the village of Adwan in Daraa. Liwa Shuhada Yarmouk has also reportedly lost a commander during the clashes.

-The SAA has launched another attack accompanied by heavy shelling this evening in an attempt to recapture Al Eis in South Aleppo.

-ISIS has launched an attack on SAA positions near the Dumayr military airport. Airstrikes are being reported.
>>
>>29488757
Ya know, the US gov't destroys so many weapons... Selling them in the States would flood the market and hurt domestic industry, but what if the feds donated or loaned them to high schools and colleges? We need to bring back the youth shooting clubs. Not everybody can play football or be a cheerleader, but they could shoot. It's the most inclusive sport there is!
>>
>>29487515
I know that, which is why I suggested that they go into northern Syria through northern Iraq rather than through Turkey.
>>
>>29487563
Shoot these guys an email, they are planning to go join the Syrian Kurds (YPG) who are probably the only good guys in Syria.

[email protected]

this article goes more in depth about who they are and what they are about.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/magazine/a-dream-of-utopia-in-hell.html?referer=
>>
>>29488757
They'll save them to ship them to their pick of the moment proxy group in the next destabilization attempt by the CIA.
>>
File: SAA_spec.jpg (147 KB, 413x729) Image search: [Google]
SAA_spec.jpg
147 KB, 413x729
Does anyone have an idea of how effective the BM-30 and TOS-1 systems are on the battlefields of Syria?
>>
>>29494143
Do you think Turkish border control would allow Kurdish movement anywhere south of the border, even into Iran? I would be surprised if they're still that lenient.
>>
File: IMG-20160404-WA0037.jpg (86 KB, 814x488) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160404-WA0037.jpg
86 KB, 814x488
>>
>>29478263
Those poor Ferdinands!
>>
>>29495188
due to the very low intensity of this conflict, and the very small nature of raids, the BM-30 and TOS-1 are not as useful as CAS, hell even just learning basic tactics has a much larger affect then any single weapon system. That being said, they are clear upgrades from what the SAA was using before.

TL:DR a wonderful deadly sophisticated weapon used by an idiot is little better than sticks and stones wielded by that same idiot.
>>
This just in

Rebels seem to have taken down a Syrian airforce Sukhoi Su-22 over Al Eis.
>>
>>29499295
this poor pilot...fuck
>>
>>29499318
The fate of the pilot is still unclear. Pro rebel sources report that he was able to eject, while some sources say that there are unconfirmed reports that he was captured by rebels.
>>
>>29499339
Those reports might be accurate. Video footage showing the alleged capture of the pilot has been posted.

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/717299712341184512
>>
>>29499339
we both know he is as good as dead senpai. Do we know if he got shot down by a MANPAD?
>>
>>29499389
Good question, pro rebel sources are reporting that it was shot down using AA guns.

It is worth noting that they reported the same thing initially last time when rebels shot down a Mig-21. Then it was confirmed that a MANPAD shot it down.
It would be best to keep an eye out for more reports this time too.
>>
File: HL.jpg (70 KB, 500x581) Image search: [Google]
HL.jpg
70 KB, 500x581
Field Commander of the joint operations room of the Syrian army and the Allies in Aleppo and its countryside announce the formation of the leadership of editor Aleppo western and southern and rural operations room, and the arrival of all combat troops and special units to Aleppo , and will start work very soon in all- out confrontation to accomplish their goals, and calls on the civilian population in the areas where militants and
rural areas to stay away from the candidate sites to be fronts battles
Field Commander of the joint operations room of the Syrian army and the Allies in Aleppo and its countryside confirms that the hours and the coming days will bring with it a devastating battles both built their hopes and colluded with overseas and breach of the truce in Aleppo and its countryside, and ensures that all Russian troops and Hezbollah forces and Iranians arrived in Aleppo and battles will be a lesson to familiarize the organization "Front victory" and from them.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JDncjGaFLc
Video of the Su-22 going down near Al Eils in youtube link.

I am looking into the IS east Damascus surprise offensive now. I just saw it 5 mins ago. The main thing I am wondering is why didn't IS do this when they were losing Palmyra? It would have directly affected that battle and a sudden redirection is what I expected them to do back then.
>>
IS may be able to cut the M5 highway at a chokepoint if they continue to advance which is the only government supply route connecting the south of Syria to the north. I remember the last time IS tried to do this I got in a nasty argument with a anon here that bereted me for even suggesting this possibility.
>>
>>29499874
but as of now IS is fast advancing in the vicinity Dumayr with multiple locations fallen today and a Saaf airbase under threat. IS in IS fashion just came out of nowhere and bum rushed the area.
>>
File: Krok.jpg (46 KB, 999x632) Image search: [Google]
Krok.jpg
46 KB, 999x632
>>29499960
>>
>>29499874
Something like this was bound to happen. ISIS looking for a big play to regain some sort of momentum. I was hoping they would grind themselves to death on Deir ez Zor but this fits their MO a lot better.
>>
>>29499960
ISIS has been clashing with Jaish Al Islam and other rebel groups in Al Dumayr all this time. Suddenly shifting its attention to the SAA definitely surprised them and all of us.

Now I wonder what ISIS is trying to do and how far is it willing to take this attack to achieve its objective.
>>
>>29478263
Can these sound and range for TOW teams?
>>
File: pilot.png (844 KB, 580x676) Image search: [Google]
pilot.png
844 KB, 580x676
The captured pilot from the downed SU-22.
>>
File: Cali.jpg (73 KB, 800x445) Image search: [Google]
Cali.jpg
73 KB, 800x445
Al Jufrah east of Deir al-Zour Airport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG3TuLdJnRQ
>>
File: 14598577285402.jpg (25 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
14598577285402.jpg
25 KB, 600x418
>>
http://sputniknews.com/photo/20160405/1037491300/russian-ka-52-syria-photos.html
>>
>>29500479
Intense, Jafrah's location makes it the most contested village in Deir Ezzor. Step reported heavy fighting there as of a hour ago.
>>
>>29490163
What's a sunni doing with all those water melon... image analyst would be giving to look at...
>>
>>29490522
Cutie
>>
>>29500479
Can I be Caliphate of Caliphates
>>
>>29499974
>sending a scout to do an assault's job.

Cuck Russians
>>
>>29477775
I only just now watched this, and holy shit is that a mobile WWE cage match ring at a minute in?
>>
File: CfR6tOgWIAEXO6Z.jpg (47 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CfR6tOgWIAEXO6Z.jpg
47 KB, 600x338
Su-22 was shot down with a MANPAD by Ahrar al-Sham around al-Eis (which is Nusra held). So one of the two has the pilot. RIP in peace

>ejecting over the area you have been bombing the last days
>>
File: CfRjicZUMAAGg2r.jpg (46 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CfRjicZUMAAGg2r.jpg
46 KB, 600x338
>>29500825
>>
>>29478302
>> What is AN/TPQ-36
>>
>>29500825
The pilot is Colonel Khalid Saed from the city of Latakia. This is the second time his aircraft gets shot down, the first time was last year in the Qalamon during which he ejected safely into SAA territory.
>>
>>29501021
>Gets shot down
>Still keeps on flying those sovjet deathtraps

A true hero.
>>
File: klop.jpg (28 KB, 589x432) Image search: [Google]
klop.jpg
28 KB, 589x432
Hm, this syrian Su-22 depicted here suspiciously looks like a Su-34.
>>
>>29501109
Probably a random stock image.
>>
>>29500001
I agree it was bound to happen. I knew they could attack in this area since they started a small one there about a year ago when Mahin was IS held.(when I predicted IS would attack here) They had a stronger presence there than what most people believed and now they are playing this out in a last bid to disrupt SAA momentum.
>>
>>29501148
Of course. But how hard can it be to take at least a random stock image from any Su-22 variant?
>>
>>29501200
Now that I am looking at the area i was still somewhat off. This is not the IS line i was talking about. The one i am referring too sits opposite of the IS eastern Qalamoun pocket however the surprise attack is nearby where i thought they would go. ISs surge today caught everyone off guard. We'll see how serious they are about this offensive soon enough.
>>
File: 559.png (1 MB, 917x738) Image search: [Google]
559.png
1 MB, 917x738
>>29501426
lastly a map of the general situation
>>
>>29501426
>IS surge today caught everyone off guard.

Tbqh, you seem to be the only one even speaking about it. Cant find much info from anyone else.
>>
>>29501612
I talked about it earlier, pro rebel sources have been mentioning it too while Al Masdar claimed that the SAA repelled the attack.
>>
>>29501612
It caught everyone in that area off guard heh and none of the usual retard armchair generals(me included) had any idea IS could mount any offense here but I have been suspicious IS was in these hills before.
>>
>>29501629
Exactly; just as some normal small scale raid and not a massive surprise offensive
>>
>>29501667
I won't argue with that but IS media just claimed to be on the outskirts of the Al Sin airbase just a hour ago so i'm going to wait and see. That's where most of the fighting has been at after they flooded the area.
>>
>>29501667
Ah, I see what you mean.
Well I guess you right. I am a bit skeptical of pro SAA claims since I am still reading reports of clashes. There is always the possibility that ISIS might escalate things.

It's worth following up on, we'll see what happens.
>>
File: SyDeko.jpg (38 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
SyDeko.jpg
38 KB, 600x600
https://ia801500.us.archive.org/13/items/AbuMustafaGazwa/AbuMustafaGazwa.mp4
>>
>>29501744
To further add IS just claimed to have captured the al Safa inn? nearby the airbase. Not sure if this a big complex or hotel but definitely ongoing fighting in the area.
>>
>>29501872
Also i should note IS fanboys are going Ham over the village of Jafrah next to the Deir Ezzor airbase. I don't what happened but it doesn't sound good for the SAA.
>>
File: claims.png (2 MB, 1016x2024) Image search: [Google]
claims.png
2 MB, 1016x2024
I'm still skeptical about this whole situation. My opinion is that ISIS joined everything of what left of their manpower in Homs to launch this series of raids and delay any future plan from the SAA. I dont think that ISIS have enough manpower left to hold the majority of the things that they might come to take, today.

Here a full list, in order, of ISIS claims of their actions around the region.
>>
>>29501912
I agree. It seems like they want to bait the SAA in a game of whack-a-mole to buy their Deir Ezzor offensive some time.
>>
>>29491157
nice source
>>
File: IranSpec.jpg (154 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IranSpec.jpg
154 KB, 1024x1024
Elite of the Iranian special forces have officially arrived to Alhader in Aleppo.
>>
I'd like to know about the following about this sudden ISIS offensive in east Damascus.

What is the stat of:
Tishreen powerplant
Dumayr airbase
Sayqal airbase
Al-Naseryiah airbase
the various military bases around Ruhaybah
Brigade 128
Brigade 156

I'm completely out of the loop regarding these events.
>>
>>
>>29502148
All I know is they flood the area, checkpoints have been lost and most of the fighting is around Sayqal airbase but every location listed was either attacked or overrun. Step is saying the SAA has a 40 vehicle convoy on the way to reinforce one of the airbases. The airbases are the main Syrian military concern.
>>
Out little cannibal friend seems to have died.
>>
File: iran.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iran.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
>>29502116
juding his scarf they all look like homoerotic weaboos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azyt9aF_0Gk
>>
File: 1451340401548.jpg (27 KB, 508x566) Image search: [Google]
1451340401548.jpg
27 KB, 508x566
>>29502167
ON MY POSITION
>>
>>29502176
ISIS taking the Tishreen powerplant would be extremely uncomfortable to the regime though.

It would create even more problems with the electrical grid in Damascus.
It would also position ISIS very close to the city and its airport.
>>
>>29502176
wait ..breaking IS is attacking the Tishreen power plant again right now. 15 SAA soldiers have been killed after the first attack.
>>
ON MY POSITION!
>>
>>29502205
I see IS saw the same thing you did as that is what they are doing too here>>29502222
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-05+at+02.25.43).jpg (129 KB, 993x705) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-05+at+02.25.43).jpg
129 KB, 993x705
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-05+at+02.26.19).jpg (114 KB, 992x676) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-05+at+02.26.19).jpg
114 KB, 992x676
>>
>>29502230
I should become and advisor for the SAA.
>>
>>29502222
God damn it, Damascus barely has any power these days to speak of, the load shedding is already horrible.
If ISIS damages the plant or takes it, it would be disastrous.

Nice quads though.
>>
>>29502167
9mm AK?
>>
>>29502377
dubs of truth
>>
>>29492493
>SDF not Kurds

lmao
>>
>>29502377
What were you expecting? That territory is expected to be volatile with IS and Turkey having the upper hand in that front. It's a wonder the SDF/SAA managed to push this far past the Tishdin Dam.
>>
>>29502562
What the fuck are you even talking about, you retard?
>>
>>29502377
>>29502222
>>29502205

Refresh my memory, please. Hasn't ISIS captured several power plants and a few dams in the past? Out of those that were retaken, is it possible to say how many are still operationable?

I'd figure you'd mine the place, dam or power plant, up for destruction as soon as you captured it, either to deny it the regime should ISIS lose it or to just fuck their shit up.
>>
>>29502594
How the fuck was I supposed to distinguish Tishreen from Tishrin? The updaters have been inconsistent with naming conventions of places all over Syria for as long as the war started. Plus Tishrin Dam's been under attack by IS for a while now. Of course I would be confused.
>>
>>29502691
Protip: they have the same name, except one is a dam and near Aleppo, while another is a powerplant and near Damascus.
>>
File: Khaled Ahmad Saed.png (318 KB, 640x361) Image search: [Google]
Khaled Ahmad Saed.png
318 KB, 640x361
If anyone is still wondering about the pilot, Jabhat Al Nusra (seems it is them that are holding him) has already conducted an interview with him.

The interviewer asked about his full name, rank, where he is from and where he studied.
The pilot mentions he is stationed at the Shayrat military airbase, serving on the sukhoi Su-22M-4.

His mission today was to strike positions North of Tal Al Eis. He attacked twice and on the third attack, his aircraft was hit and caught fire. He attempt to extinguish the fire but couldn't do so, prompting him to eject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo406zZ6b9o
>>
>>29502619
Yes the thermal power plant in eastern Aleppo, i doubt it's operational today. The two major dams were intact when lost by IS.
>>
Anyone have a map of the recent ISIS attacks east of Damascus?
>>
>>29502691
Tishreen and Tishrin are the same name. One is a dam and the other is a power plant in the Damascus outskirts.

Tishreen is the Arabic word for October. It is used as a name in honor of the Yom Kippur war that took place in October.

Also, it's just the SDF that is handling ISIS near the Tishreen dam in East Aleppo.

>>29502619
ISIS can't risk it since destroying the dams would flood Al Raqqah and many more cities in their territory.
Thermal power plants are a different story though, just look at the Aleppo thermal power plant.
>>
just want to thank all the namefags and anons posting great info in these threads
keep up the good work guys I really enjoy these threads
>>
File: YKWho.jpg (99 KB, 1024x618) Image search: [Google]
YKWho.jpg
99 KB, 1024x618
>Soon....
>>
does anything ever happen in the Sinai anymore?
>>
If what I'm saying is correct, and I'm pretty sure I am, there are only two big powerplants providing electricity to Damascus and surrounding areas.

Tishrin east of the city.
Deir Ali south of the city.

If Tishrin is fucked, Zvezda can be sure he'll spend some (or a lot) of days in darkness.
>>
Meteorite landed in northern Saud Sunday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndfWFcy-9s
>>
>>29503499
>it's not an ICBM
sigh, better luck next time
>>
File: CfToEspUEAA5IHQ.jpg (101 KB, 1023x520) Image search: [Google]
CfToEspUEAA5IHQ.jpg
101 KB, 1023x520
>>29502793
Bosno just released a map and he is somewhat of a expert on this part of Syria as all his FSA contacts are the green on this map. It's funny because the last month he was talking about a upcoming FSA offensive on IS in this same area and today IS turns around and attacks everyone.

Guess that FSA offensive isn't coming now...
I can't add anything else of note. It's nighttime in Syria and we'll have to wait until morning for the full story.
>>
>>29503384
I'm not currently in Syria, but I visited recently and I can say that living without power 2 thirds of the day is not pleasant at all (there were also water shortages).

I really hope the power plant stays operational.

Regarding ISIS's attack, it seems that they have managed to make some gains. ISIS seized Brigade 559 and Step News is reporting that they were able to seize the cement factory while more than 200 employees ran away.
>>
>>29503637

ISIS terrorists has captured several areas from SAA & "rebels" in Eastern Qalamoun.
>>
File: EQal.jpg (125 KB, 1024x614) Image search: [Google]
EQal.jpg
125 KB, 1024x614
>>29503688
>>
File: Qal.jpg (189 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
Qal.jpg
189 KB, 1024x694
>>
File: SafirNiggRig.jpg (73 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
SafirNiggRig.jpg
73 KB, 960x540
Syrian Arab Army and its allies heavily targeted terrorists' positions Eis area and launched an attack on the terrorists points.
>>
>>29500651
Selling them on the black market.
>>
>>29500825
Alternative is going down with the jet...
At least if he ejects he has a chance to run and hide.
>>
>>29503640
What's your opinion on the (Syrian) Kurds and their actions ?
>>
>>29502707
what will happen to him
>>
File: 1443908844620.jpg (245 KB, 982x840) Image search: [Google]
1443908844620.jpg
245 KB, 982x840
>>
File: CaTRFstWAAEkPu-.png (478 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
CaTRFstWAAEkPu-.png
478 KB, 600x338
>>29505632
>>
File: he's a lady.png (584 KB, 536x717) Image search: [Google]
he's a lady.png
584 KB, 536x717
>>29503367
The last thing I read of Egypt, some army guys captured yet another ISIS drag queen. It's incredible how much those ISIS guys try to disguise as women to pass unnoticed, they probably watched too much "The Battle of Algiers".

Anyway, its not like the Sinai is anywhere near safe, now. Now and then we got news of ISIS blowing up a army tank with a ATGM, army soldiers exploding a mine, ISIS executing a captured soldier, the army/police killing some militants, and so on.

We generally forget about the Sinai in these threads, so I would suggest you to check the egypt liveuamap:

http://egypt.liveuamap.com/
>>
>>29505672
nah, his video will have a different flag in the background. =P

>>29505632
Seriously, things do not look good for the pilot
>>
Latest news:

-A Syrian air force Brigadier General, Suleiman Mohammed Ali, was killed in the Dumayr countryside, Qalamoun.

-Likewise, Ahrar Sham Commander, Suleiman Ali Yasin, was killed in clashes with ISIS, in North Aleppo.

-ProSAA twitter sources are claiming that the SAA&Allies have recaptured Al Eis and are now moving to the ICARDA farms.
>>
If ISIS takes either of the airbases and/or power plant it is gonna be pretty embarrassing. But its so close to Damascus it'd get retaken fast.
>>
File: amaq.png (862 KB, 1014x1141) Image search: [Google]
amaq.png
862 KB, 1014x1141
ISIS photos of the east Qalamoun are finally appearing. This two are the Al Muthalath crossroad and the second one is the Battalion 559 (a storage/tank base). Someone commented that those two are/was Rebel helded positions.
>>
>>29503637
Thanks

The map could be a little larger though.
>>
File: Abschied partner.png (420 KB, 599x757) Image search: [Google]
Abschied partner.png
420 KB, 599x757
I was gonna to post the pics of some SAA material that ISIS captured in Qalamoun, but I'm kind of tired now to make all the image montage, and so, this time I will give you the link:

https://twitter.com/NorthernStork/status/717429297410125824

You gonna see a tank, some technicals, a truck, a cannon and the, already very common, photo of a room filled with ammo crates.

Before I leave, I should point that the situation is also very volatile in Sheikh Maqsud/Şêx Maksud. Its have been like this for already some days. The Rebels shelling on YPG controlled parts of the city and the fighting has intensified. The Rebels, more precisely the FSA Northern Division, confirmed that their commander, or one of them, got killed in action, over there.
>>
>>29506533
I don't expect them to. The SAA is going to pull some forces out from Damascus to reinforce the breach.

But I am surprised that ISIS chose to do this now and not earlier.
>>
>>29507027
ISIS are operating like modern day sand pirates.

Just like their long gone Islamic ancestors.
>>
File: 1452134526185.jpg (65 KB, 426x520) Image search: [Google]
1452134526185.jpg
65 KB, 426x520
>>
>>29505633
>Reality vs. ISIS
>dat Sealand.
>>
>>29502167
ON MY POSITION
>>
>>29508042
Awesome
>>
File: muslim shariah poll3.png (11 KB, 405x294) Image search: [Google]
muslim shariah poll3.png
11 KB, 405x294
>>29507075
That's Islam, and all Muslims understand this even if they shrink from carrying it out.

ISIS is not a handful of fanatics. They are the sharp edge of a very big, very old, very evil spear. And all Muslims know this, even if they deny it. Where the fucking fuck do you think the money and fresh recruits come from?
>>
>>29489956
They're more like shock troops than what you would traditionally expect from a SOF unit. They're an offensive force that punches through enemy lines so that the regular army can fill in the gaps
>>
>>29509584
That sounds badass
>>
File: CfVm1o0W8AIwup_.jpg:large.jpg (297 KB, 1024x605) Image search: [Google]
CfVm1o0W8AIwup_.jpg:large.jpg
297 KB, 1024x605
Map showing Al Eis back in government hands.
>>
>>29505632
Jabhat Al Nusra has killed pilots in the past. Some rebel groups who were lucky enough to shoot down a jet and capture the pilot kept the pilot detained (it's also a great propaganda tool).

I think the fact that the pilot is still alive means that Jabhat Al Nusra will keep him that way, they will obviously try to milk the situation more by conducting more interviews, make him admit things on video recordings, and/or try to extract information from him.
As I said, it's a great propaganda tool.

>>29505567
I think it's great that they are fighting ISIS. They have been relatively fine with rebels all this time, so I think it's a shame that they are clashing now.
The Kurdish population has been treated badly, I still remember the intifada in 2004, I was in Syria back then.

I believe that ALL Syrians should be treated equally. Like many Syrians, I admit I do not wish to see a divided Syria, but that doesn't mean that the Kurds must be hated for that.
I am sure all sides can come to an understanding with compromise.
>>
>>29509568
I keep seeing this poll posted as an excuse for going to war with Islam, but I can't seem to find it in any of the PEW research groups own records. I suspect that this poll was fabricated whole-cloth by some stormfront shitheel.
>>
>>29510120
>going to war with Islam

Reminds me of all those "Wars on X" that America pushed so aggressively

>War on Communism
>Mideast becomes the clusterfuck that it is today due to pushes to make region a counterweight against the Soviets
>Operation Condor-supported right-wing dictators/juntas lead to stronger backlash against right-wing values for decades
>The USSR ends up collapsing internally due to perestroika and glasnost

>War on Drugs
>Drug flow never ended due to the fluidity of the business
>Kill one drug cartel and another takes its place
>Drug trade ends up consuming several more Central/South American countries in the past 20 years

>War on Terror
>Two countries remain destabilized after coalition liberation due to shitty American political management/foreign policy

I would love to see how much a War on Islam would fuck shit up. It really sums up everything about American foreign policy.
>>
>>29510261
>Drug flow never ended due to the fluidity of the business
You mean "due to the lack of any real southern border".
>>
>>29510299
>people don't and can't put drugs on ships.
>>
>>29482493

getting attacked by a roving band of militiamen sounds pretty offensive to me
>>
>>29510299
Hard drugs have low demand elasticity, a crack head isn't going to not buy crack because than he wouldn't be able to afford food. And the same is true for light drugs as well, weed is for a lack of better term part of youth culture and anyone who has experience with marketing to youth culture understands how icon aware they are.

So the demand is inelastic, which means that there is always an incentive for supply. And so long as it remain as such drugs will keep flowing. Build a wall and all its going to do is add another 10% to price, start shooting smugglers and all its going to do is increase the price another 10%.

Also lets ignore the ever growing presence of drones, which are becoming perfect for smuggling. I mean where have we seen ugovernmental groups use drones. I mean whats next, cheep semi submarines, tunnels, bribing a low payed inspector. No chance all that requires inelegance and capabilities way beyond a multi billion dollar organization could have.
>>
>>29510383
Not nearly on the same scale as over land, at least in the case of the US-Mexico border.

Ships are much easier to track than drug mules, which is why cartels have been known to mess with submarines.

>>29510622
Rarity and prohibitive cost will lower demand no matter what.
>>
File: IranAIR.jpg (74 KB, 600x816) Image search: [Google]
IranAIR.jpg
74 KB, 600x816
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llkXv4RrJ20
>>
Al Masdar has posted an article confirming that the latest reports regarding South Aleppo were incorrect.
They reached out to an IRGC soldier who reported that Tal Al Eis is not under the SAA's control.
>>
File: 1459894865861.jpg (2 MB, 2504x6000) Image search: [Google]
1459894865861.jpg
2 MB, 2504x6000
Why is /pol/-/sg/ better at this sort of thing?
>>
I don't have much new on the IS east Damascus offensive other tha IS claiming a large VBIED strike on a SAA convoy nearby Dumayr airbase and as always IS claims large death toll. IS still seems to be in the areas they moved into yesterday but no major advances since then. Just a lot of SAA killed.
>>29501893
On the Deir Ezzor front IS is again on the perimeter of the airbase after the SAA pulled out of Jafrah. That's probably why IS fanboys were talking about it late yesterday.
>>29510919
The Iranians will send another wave of cannon bait in. Last nights attack on Tal Eis was the first wave. Iranian commanders like to throw numbers at the problem and it gets ugly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.