[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SA80 Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: sa80.jpg (327 KB, 2048x924) Image search: [Google]
sa80.jpg
327 KB, 2048x924
Seriously though we all know they're shit, so why even try to defend it?
>>
The mock a3 really isn't all that bad desu senpai
>>
But in its current state L85 isn't.
>>
>>29476359
Keep lying to yourself.
Poor ergo , ways a tone , and reliability is still questionable.
>>
>>29476382
*Weighs
>>
>>29476350
Most weapons have shaky starts, think with the amount of money the poms dumped into it, the weapon simply became too expensive to fail.
Its heavy, slightly more complicated than it needs to be, but for what its worth- its not an entirely terrible weapon to shoot.
>>
>>29476382

I know this is a troll thread, but to say that the LA85A2 has performance problems is just wrong.

>Continued testing of the L85A2 in adverse conditions demonstrates its reliability over contemporary rifles, including the M16. Although it is heavier than most conventional and more modern bullpup rifles, its full-length barrel gives higher muzzle velocities and better terminal performance than both the M4 and the M16. Rounds from an M4 will only reliably fragment out to 50–100 metres, while the L85A2 and M16 allowed fragmentation out to 150–200 metres, and the L86A2 has an even longer fragmentation range.
>>
>>29476437
Do you really think the BA are going to damage morale by openly saying the rifle is shit?
>>
>>29476499

Do you really think the MoD would have spent overseas to have the weapon fixed if there werent positives to the design?

Also, why do people feel the need to hate on the L85. It does the job. It's not exceptional but it was one of those first gen bullpups, made before polymer weapons were really a thing so yeah its heavy.

I personally like it being back-heavy. Sits in the shoulder really well and is super stable.
>>
>>29476499

*snorrtttt*

Everyone knew the rifle (pre-upgrade) was shit, but sure, if it suits you keep believe that they faked the results and got everyone that's used the upgraded rifle to praise it, cuz yah know, grunts exactly follow along to everything that the brass tell them.
>>
>>29476350
because people are britboos
same shit with the katana and weebs
>>
Its not the 90s anymore. The a2 is a perfectly acceptable rifle.
>>
File: bundesheer_filzwieser_dsc7121.jpg (290 KB, 2126x1535) Image search: [Google]
bundesheer_filzwieser_dsc7121.jpg
290 KB, 2126x1535
>>29476512
>made before polymer weapons were really a thing
No it wasn't.
>>
File: EF88 Steyr.jpg (25 KB, 750x318) Image search: [Google]
EF88 Steyr.jpg
25 KB, 750x318
>>29476613
Steyr still GOAT. Can't wait for the F90 either.
> lighter
> longer effective range
> better standard sight
> wider attachtment options and fittings
> no rear swing swivel
gunna be so cash my man
>>
>>29476640
>Australian QC
Its gonna be trash. Maybe if they license it out to someone else it'll be good.
>>
>>29476652
I've heard nothing but positive reviews from independents and youtube reviewers that I usually trust too. The only problem thus far I've heard is that the trigger is still a bit off, but that's nothing new from the old steyr variants anyways. Pumped. Plus, if its good enough, maybe the Austrian section will pick it up and make improvements
>>
>>29476512
>Do you really think the MoD would have spent overseas to have the weapon fixed if there werent positives to the design

It would have cost too much to buy a new rifle altogether, not to mention the cost in time of re training the whole military to use it. First you gotta train the trainers then it trickles down to the grunts, shit is a lengthy process.
>>
Remember when laying ambushes for Britfags to set Killzone to their right flank - every SA80 is righthand only so all muzzles will be naturally pointing to their left.
>>
>>29476613

Whilst you're technically right, the basic ideas for the L85 were around in the 50's/60's. Redesigning it all to be a polymer upper and lower would have been extremely expensive and changed the design and layout of the weapon.

Not saying it shouldn't have been done, it just wasn't. Though the plastic used on the A1s was so crap weapons were falling apart...
>>
>>29476350
It's a shit gun but I love it purely for it's design
>>
>>29476992
Of all the AR-18 copies, the SA80 is the most blatant ripoff. That's why it's so shit. There wasn't any "design" going on period. It's like the Chinese AK bullpup that came out only shittier because they used parts inferior to what NORINCO had.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.