[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to become a gunsmith? Is there schools or programs? I tried
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 20160331_145502.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160331_145502.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
How to become a gunsmith? Is there schools or programs? I tried google, but it's all online schools. Where do I start? Have an ar pic to show my appreciation.
>>
>>29476056
Lmgthy.com/gunsmithing-schools

This should help.
>>
I guess you go to a school for it, get in debt, and wait years for someone to hire you.

Have fun waiting tables for years to pay for a degree to get you a career that makes less money than waiting tables.
>>
>>29476056
Sonoran Desert Institute bwahahahahahaha
>>
>>29476073
I tried that already, all I saw was online schools.
>>29476080
Thank you, are they any good?
>>
>>29476099
No of course not it's one of those "online" colleges that offer bullshit courses that scam you for money. Put that on your resume and people will laugh at you.
>>
>>29476056
>How to become a gunsmith?

You take a mildly broken firearm and repair it. You take a firearm, then move it closer to optimum. You think about a firearm or firearm component, then design it. You modify, improve, alter, tinker, convert.

It is like being an inventor. As with every thing it "starts" with disassembling the firearm then putting it back together again, again and again. Thinking about how it operates, thinking about how it could operate better.
>>
>>29476056
You first have to become a Blacksmith.
And then get shot by the cops.
>>
OP you should just get a job at a gun manufacturer.

mfw i want to work at daniel defense but have no cnc background.
>>
File: AGI%20Logo[1].jpg (164 KB, 2152x471) Image search: [Google]
AGI%20Logo[1].jpg
164 KB, 2152x471
>>29476056
1. Download the Ark torrent
2. Watch all the AGI videos
3. Go to school for CnC, CAD or similar stuff
4. Delete the gym, hit the lawyer, facebook up
5. Build your own shooting range, fake SF background, offer courses
6. Import lots of yak oil straight from Mongolia, sell it as the next best shit in gun lubrication (Khan-o-laOIL®©)
7. Write a book about how killed Bin Laden and how you shoot looters at the black friday sale from the top of walmart
>>
same place you become a tv repairman, guns are pretty much in the disposable price range senpai
>>
Install a scope properly by putting a level on the open mount them the turret.

Install a barrel nut by using grease and "seating" the threads.

How do you learn all this stuff before having to do it?
How did Larry Potterfield learn?
>>
>>29476076
Gunsmith student here. The school I go to regularly has employers coming in to interview students and a bulletin board with open positions across the country.

I have yet to see someone graduate without having a job lined up before graduating. If you're waiting tables as a gunsmith, you haven't looked for jobs.

>>29476056
There are schools. Two I know of are SDI and PA Gunsmith. Dunno about SDI, but PA Gunsmith has a year - two year waiting list to get in (it's really small). That being said, I've also heard from multiple people that it's one of the best gunsmith schools in the country.
>>
>>29477691
Scratch SDI. As someone else said it's an online school. I confused it with the Colorado School of Trades.
>>
>>29476582
khan-o-laOIL

jesus that's good
>>
>>29476056

I have that keyboard with the newer switches that everyone loves to hate. I fucking love them.
>>
>>29477691
To add to what this anon said, it's a trade school. The debt that >>29476076 implies is fucking laughable compared to a bachelors degree. Most of the good ones will give you resources for housing and jobs while you're in school and you learn so many skills like machining, woodworking and business managment
that getting stuck as a server is just a personal failure.

It may not be glamourous and you won't suddenly become Jason Burton right out of school but you can sure as hell get placed easily enough or snag your ffl or slap together parts kits. Now, buying too long for your own business is where debt comes in
>>
>>29476056
Check out
http://www.wikiprofessional.org/Top_Gunsmithing_Schools
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.