[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to just be a naturally bad shot? I keep getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1
File: da burrs.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
da burrs.jpg
118 KB, 1280x720
Is it possible to just be a naturally bad shot?

I keep getting gigantic groupings at just 50 yards and I never see any improvement what-so-ever between my range visits even though I'm actively trying to get better.
>>
>>29475555
You're probably doing something wrong.

Or you could just be shaky.
>>
Have your eyes checked. Seriously.
>>
>>29475568
I'm pretty near sighted and already wear glasses, but maybe my prescription needs updating or something

>>29475559
How would I go about figuring out what I'm doing wrong without anyone else assisting? I don't know anyone else into guns and the range is always empty when I go.
>>
>>29475559
How does one stop being shaky? Hit the gym?
>>
>>29475585
Where and how do you shoot???

I live in an area with a few "gun ranges" but I have unlimited access to shooting spots (Texas panhandle) so I don't go to a gun range.

When I go shooting with my buddies at a milo field, and we shoot freehand, I fucking suck. I just laugh at how bad I am while my buddies hit targets freehand shooting AR's, and pistol targets under 20 yards

But when we take the time to set up targets at 100 yards-1000 yards we use shotgun clays as a target in a vice grip, and I can consistently hit the target with bolt guns. I actually best the tactical shooters, but it has to be 200 yards or more.

I don't know what the problem is.
I see and shoot through a scope quite well but shooting at a man sized target at 100 yards I am the king of dirt clouds and embarrassment.
>>
>>29475866

Breathing helps. Practice your meditation on the range.

Also try out a 2x pistol scope. Trying to correct exagerated shake might help correcting normal shake.
If not then it might not be shake.
>>
>>29475866
For me that sadly doesnt work. I have tremor just like my gramps. Thats why I want to switch to RO and instructor for the young. (Switzerland here) At first I didnt know I had it and just assumed everyone was just that little bit shakey but it really discuraged me after such a long time that I couldnt get my grouping together.
>>
>>29475933
At this one shitty indoor range that costs $12 a visit plus the price of the ammo I shoot
>>
>>29475585
Do you have shooting glasses or normal ones? If they are normal you will always Have a paralaxys error because you cannt look through the glasses exactly the same after each shot, displacing your point of aim.
>>
>>29476009
Just normal ones, I didn't know they affected me like that or that they made ones specifically for shooting
But still, I've seen people with normal glasses shoot well so while they're certainly not helping I doubt they're the sole cause of how bad I am
>>
>>29476002
You are your own worst enemy then. Find a place to shoot without an RO, and hone your skills.
Ranges are a meme when you can shoot somewhere on your own.
>>
>>29475994
Maybe you can be a good rifle shot instead, maybe from a bunch or otherwise using a bipod?
>>
>>29475555
Only if you have Parkinson's
>>
>>29475555
You can sure hit those quads though.
>>
>>29475994
> tell doctor you have excessive hand tremor
> get propranolol
profit?
>>
>>29476537
In Switzerland we have to shoot prone already (300m) also no benches (never understood why someone would want to shoot whilst sitting) and since my Stgw 57 and 90 both have bipods and I shoot my carbines of a pod i cant really improve upon that.
>>
>>29476562
Expensive as fuck is what you want to say.
>>
>>29476601
I thought the Swiss were rich
>>
>>29476666
The prices here are so fucking high. Pay 2.6$ for a cheeseburger ac McD or 1.4$ for 33cl of coke. Dont get me started on medicine. Big companys are using the we are rich and have big loans as an excuse for marges which would cause a revolt anywhere else. The people here are just stupid and dont complain. The smart ones cross the border and buy to normal fucking prices which makes the companys bitch out and whining. (The only thing which is not overprized is guns 50-60 bucks for an amazingly good K31, 400 for an good Stgw 90)
>>
>>29475555
Yes. Why wouldn't some people just be naturally better or worse than others? Just like every other skill or thing humans do.
>>
>>29475555
>50 yards
if rifle, you suck
if pistol, it's to be expected.
i know you talk about your eyesight, im nearsighted and have a severe astigmatism, and can shoot just fine.
>>
>>29475585

While at home, clear your gun and dry fire. Look at what is happening with your muzzle and sights. There should be no movement on your trigger pull and your sights should stay in target. Practice with dry firing until there is no movement and then practice whenever you can.

If there is a shaking issue then that is either breathing or your arm isn't stable. With breathing just find your natural exhale point and hold it then pull the trigger. If you're shaking then try a more comfortable grip position or buy shooting bags/a sled/a bipod.

I personally can't shoot for shit without a shooting bag beyond 50 yards so don't feel bad. I plan on picking up a bipod for my Ruger American soon actually.

Good luck, OP. I hope you can close those groups!
>>
>>29476798
I thought the same thing. He's prolly pulling or pushing with trigger finger.

Some one needs to goggle 'dime drill'.
>>
>>29476758
I only brought up eyesight because it was asked and I said I've seen people with bad eyes do just fine
And yes it is with rifle

>>29476798
>>29476958
From what I've seen of myself doing this my trigger pull doesn't seem to move it much, if at all
Holding the rifle steady, however, is a pretty big problem for me
>>
>>29478976

I'd recommend shooting bags then for a quick and cheap solution. They will help steady your rifle. Also what stance do you shoot in?
>>
>>29475559
>shaky

tfw love to shoot but can't shoot rifles well anymore because of nerve damage from an injury 2 years ago

Thought I was going to lose most of the dexterity in my dominant hand for a while, so at least I got to keep that
>>
>>29475555
What
Do
You
Even
Shoot
?
>>
>>29481350
Yes but not nearly as often as I'd like
>>
>>29481638

>What Do You Even Shoot?
>Yes but not nearly as often as I'd like

Deaf as well.
>>
>>29482432
Technically it'd be blind since it's text :^)
I may have not slept in a few days
I just shoot a shitty m&p 15
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.