[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electronic Hearing Protection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 994x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 994x1280
What is a good set of electronic hearing protection?

I've heard good about peltors in specific.

Is there any sets that include AM / FM radio?

What's your favorite way to protect your ears from eternal EEEEEEeeeeeEEEEE?
>>
>>29474761
I have a pair of OP's pic related. They're great, until the seal breaks when your rifle stock touches them.
>>
>>29474786
Does it not normally allow a good cheek weld?
>>
>>29474761
The earpro in your pic is fantastic. I've had my set for nearly 2 years now and have yet to change the batteries. They also come with a headphone jack so you can plug in a radio or mp3 or whatever you want and have some tuneskis while you shoot
>>
>>29474978
That's pretty awesome. What did you pay for yours?
>>
>>29474761
I hear Peltors are better than the Howard Leights but I haven't tried them.

>>29474978
Correct, mine are the same except they have real tree of some other fuddflage instead of OD.

>>29474786
Havent had this problem.
>>
>>29475182
There's a slight channel behind my jaw leading up to my ear. And because the cup touches the "leather" on either end of the head band, the seal can get a little loose at times and that channel opens up cause skelington.
>>
>>29474761
Own 3 pair.
Theyre hard to get on , and properly sealed, but once you do theyre comfy as fuck. I wear them for 3-5hrs not needing to move them. They have an auto shut off just in case you leave them on after 4hrs. The aux is passive enough that you can still hear the outside world. They fold up very compact, you can get a great cheeckweld, even a nose to the charging handle hold on An ar

Negatives, after about 3hrs of wear in high heat high humidity (90+deg w/80% humidity) you tend to get a bit of feedback. But it mutes any high decibel noise, including its own feedback , so its not bad. They dont seal well with eye pro / glasses. They dont handle super well indoors. Youd need the bigger ones. Which by the way i own a pair and do great for that.
I still prefer the sport ones in the field though, just so comfy
>>
I use MSA Sordin + plugs underneath.

I was going to buy the Peltor ComTac XP for their better noise reduction but they were way more expensive and the mics, speakers, build quality and general reliability. They also have a better profile for cheek weld and god tier gel earcups.

My hearing is already damage though, I wish I had taken ear pro as seriously years ago.
>>
File: 1459680299114571814098.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
1459680299114571814098.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
Howard leights $40 on amazon, headphone jack, they seal fine with my glasses. There is usually a bit of feedback but not enough to cause a problem. Unless you want to spend $300+ they're your best choice.
>>
>>29476242
Jeff pls go
>>
>>29474786
this. I really like mine but I have to wear regular plugs underneath because I can't shoulder a rifle with them. The cups for the ears are long ovals and its hard to get a proper seal (unlike some cheap gigantic generic muffs I have). Whenever I bring my cheek down they lift up and the seal breaks. For pistols they are great though.

>>29476242
what do you do for a microphone?
>>
>>29474761
I have a pair of those but I plan on replacing them with some Peltor Comtac IIIs. The HLs aren't bad, but I just plan on upgrading them as I get my radio license and for more serious use and saving these as guest/backup hearing protection.

If you have the cash to spend it may be worth upgrading, that said there is nothing seriously wrong with them.
>>
>>29474978
Really? I've had to change the batteries more times than I can count now but I'll usually use them for a full day at a time.
>>
>>29477182
Odd, I've yet to change mine out. I use them in 3 hour spurts though but it's been at least a year of consistent shooting once or twice a week.
>>
>>29477227
There might be something wrong with mine that is draining the batteries even when turned off then.
>>
File: 710+Ny+Qp4L._SL1500_.jpg (151 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
710+Ny+Qp4L._SL1500_.jpg
151 KB, 1500x1500
>>29474761
>What's your favorite way to protect your ears from eternal EEEEEEeeeeeEEEEE?

purple
>>
>>29474761
I've had major tinnitus in my left ear since I was 16. I wear earpro but I ride motorcycles and shoot guns and my hearing just keeps slipping. I'll be deaf by the time I'm 50 and it sucks,
>>
Any out there with Bluetooth built in?
>>
>>29477884
Double up?
>>
>>29477915
This, would love to see a good bluetooth set, in reality tech and electronics have come far enough that active electronic ears should be much better than what they are, theres just no competition willing to advance them.

Every one i've ever heard of just cuts sound when a loud sound is there, someone needs to make one with super high dynamic range microphones so they can continue relaying all the low level sounds while blocking the loud sounds.
>>
My Howard Leights never provided a good seal around my ear. There was always a small gap below my ears. I think the profile is just too thin, (for some people).
>>
>>29476057
>I use MSA Sordin + plugs underneath.
>plugs underneath

What is up with this stupid meme
>>
>>29477884
I wear plugs on the bike too. Makes it so much more enjoyable and less tiring.

Probably the best piece of advice I got from the learner's course.
>>
please /k/ you're my only hope. any remedies for eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

too cheap to see a doctor
>>
>>29480299
Fill your ears up with tooth paste and some good medical tape over it for 24 hours.

By the end of it, if your hearing isn't gone outright, it will be after the infection you develop. You might not be able to hear but at least you won't hear any "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

So I guess what I'm trying to say is go see a doctor you fuck.
>>
>>29479346
>doesn't enjoy an extra 3-5 db of protection
>doesn't have his cups unseal ever
>doesn't shoot indoors

What is up with this stupid faggot
>>
Doubled up with these yesterday and did fine. Forgot to put the plugs back in when I switched to the mosin and fired a handful of rounds. The ringing still hasn't stopped so don't be a retard like me if you use these double up and just turn the speakers up

Also any way to help my ears recover? Or am I fucked
>>
File: peltor 100.jpg (10 KB, 231x310) Image search: [Google]
peltor 100.jpg
10 KB, 231x310
i just got a pair of these a little while back, a lot nicer than the peltors I used before. Peltor 100 if you don't know.
>>
>>29481171
This
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.